Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 22:23   #616
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

I am not too sure of the ground clearance mentioned in the post above. For starters, Nissan Micra certainly doesn't have a ground clearance of 173 mm - its probably around 155 mm. A higher GC of Micra would have made it an almost faultless hatch.
Old 16th January 2012, 23:10   #617
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe a GC of 175-180mm should solve almost all issues on Indian roads. I don't understand why did Fiat have to raise the Punto GC to 195?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
AFAIK the GC of SX4 is 180mm only and that too only for the top variants - Zxi & Zdi for Vxi & Vdi it is 170mm only.
180mm after the facelift. In the first version, GC was 190mm.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 07:43   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
I believe a GC of 175-180mm should solve almost all issues on Indian roads. I don't understand why did Fiat have to raise the Punto GC to 195?
Considering other cars in the segment, I believe Punto has (one of) the longest wheelbase and front overhang. So, to me anything less than 190-195 would not make sense for an improvement. So also the softer suspension which I presume the amount to which car comes down when fully/ loaded can be slightly more than other cars in the segment.
Old 17th January 2012, 08:12   #619
BHPian

Knowing FIAT as a thorough bred ENGINEERING company the UPGRADE kit for increased GC will definitely include the new modified FRONT AIR-DAM,
really appreciate the good move & nice gesture for existing FIAT owners by FIAT India,KUDOS & keep it up FIAT.
sanjaymugur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 11:03   #620
BHPian

Here's what I saw on TV the other day.

I really hope they get their A$$ right in this year. And bring the price marginally lower.
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 11:10   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

180mm after the facelift. In the first version, GC was 190mm.
swiftnfurious, Thanks for correcting me.

Now regarding the Punto GC the 195mm is only for the 1.2 P and I guess those sales numbers are negligible. The Diesel version & the Petrol 1.4 has a GC of 185mm only.
Old 18th January 2012, 16:25   #622
BHPian

90 HP with 185 GC

Hi All,

Just came back from getting my first look at Punto 90 HP Tuscan wine. It as fresh out of the truck and hence covered in dirt. Other than that everything seems to be in order.

The GC for the car is 185 . I compared it against Punto 1.3 76 BHP next to it. They both had the same height. However, there is not change in the interior as far as I could make out. Delivery will take couple of days after all paper work is through.

Fiat Punto 90 HP is available as a display in BNW at KHT motors whitefield. It is with increased GC.

Checked out the VIN number. Three alphabets are ALZ. Where A signifies Jan. I assume LZ is for 2012. If somebody can confirm that It will be great.

Regards
Saurabh
sarswift is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 16:46   #623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarswift
Checked out the VIN number. Three alphabets are ALZ. Where A signifies Jan. I assume LZ is for 2012. If somebody can confirm that It will be great.

Regards
Saurabh
CONGRATULATIONS!!! you'll be driving a gem of a car very soon.

A is for January and LZ stands for 2012 without any doubt.
While the letters for the month move forward, the letters for the years move backwards. example MZ for 2011, NZ for 2010(mine) PZ for 2009 (OZ and IZ are not used to avoid confusion for 0 and 1 respectively)
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 16:51   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!! you'll be driving a gem of a car very soon.

A is for January and LZ stands for 2012 without any doubt.
While the letters for the month move forward, the letters for the years move backwards. example MZ for 2011, NZ for 2010(mine) PZ for 2009 (OZ and IZ are not used to avoid confusion for 0 and 1 respectively)
Well that definately makes sense. Cant wait to drive the car.

I need some input how to Run-in this beauty. Any and all thoughts are welcome.
Old 18th January 2012, 17:13   #625
BHPian

I have requested an appointment with Prerana, Bangalore for the upgrade by email today. (no more telephonic discussions after they took me for a ride wrt the alloy spare wheel promise which never materialized).

Will update as/when a feedback is received.

Thanks,
J
Old 18th January 2012, 20:08   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
This upgradation was rumoured ever since the new launch was announced. But, I didn't expect this early from Fiat. I am eager to know about the cost.
Will this upgradation hamper warranty or does the warranty still hold good for existing owners? just curious

-Sajan
Old 18th January 2012, 20:17   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Will this upgradation hamper warranty or does the warranty still hold good for existing owners? just curious

-Sajan
I do not think it can hamper the warranty, as FIAT itself is offering this and that too at a cost. The only factor here is the cost.
Old 18th January 2012, 21:23   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarswift View Post
Well that definately makes sense. Cant wait to drive the car.

I need some input how to Run-in this beauty. Any and all thoughts are welcome.
Well dont go above 2500 rpms for the initial 5000 kms .The idea is take it easy in the initial days of ownership till the engine opens up and sets in despite any contrary intructions from any quarters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joommen View Post
I have requested an appointment with Prerana, Bangalore for the upgrade by email today. (no more telephonic discussions after they took me for a ride wrt the alloy spare wheel promise which never materialized).

Will update as/when a feedback is received.

Thanks,
J
Great I am looking forward to the response of the said dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarswift View Post
Hi All,

Just came back from getting my first look at Punto 90 HP Tuscan wine. It as fresh out of the truck and hence covered in dirt. Other than that everything seems to be in order.

Regards
Saurabh
congrats on having the first look at your baby,looking forward to your detailed report on ownerhip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I do not think it can hamper the warranty, as FIAT itself is offering this and that too at a cost. The only factor here is the cost.
+1,ofcourse if company itself is coming up with the idea of upgradation there cant be any case of warranty getting void
cheers
praveen singh

Last edited by blueblooded : 18th January 2012 at 21:26. Reason: spell check
Old 18th January 2012, 21:59   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
Well dont go above 2500 rpms for the initial 5000 kms .The idea is take it easy in the initial days of ownership till the engine opens up and sets in despite any contrary intructions from any quarters.
5000km !! Is that recommended (or rather, do YOU recommend it) for all cars - petrol /diesel?

That will take me close to an year with my present usage!

And I have read that going on long drives with long periods of "steady rpm" to get over the run-in period is too a no-no since the engine needs to get worked up in all rpm zones!

Imagine one buying a car like T-Jet and waiting for one year, stuck at 2500
Charioteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 00:43   #630
BHPian

@Charioteer
The only thing is that in the early usage one has to be pretty careful with the engine and desist from over stressing it .Moreover the 5k is only the indicative mileage not the law of omerta that one cant break.
regards
praveen
blueblooded is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks