Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2012, 17:44   #691
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

It is with increased GC. Just took delivery of Tuscan Wine 90 BHP with 185 GC. I hope this put all the questions to rest as seeing is believing. Also, you can check out the same model at KHT motors whitefield.

Last edited by theMAG : 21st January 2012 at 19:21. Reason: Please dont quote long posts - readability gets hampered. Thanks.
sarswift is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 20:34   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarswift View Post
It is with increased GC. Just took delivery of Tuscan Wine 90 BHP with 185 GC. I hope this put all the questions to rest as seeing is believing. Also, you can check out the same model at KHT motors whitefield.
congrats on your car sarswift, I would love to go over to KHT but I am in Bombay. Do post your pics of the car.

Took a TD of Emotion variant today, loved it a lot. Unfortunately no discounts on offer.

Have been offered a 2011 90HP Emotion pack, am very tempted by it. Will be going over to the showroom to see what kind of discounts I can avail.

Regards
Old 21st January 2012, 20:47   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
congrats on your car sarswift, I would love to go over to KHT but I am in Bombay. Do post your pics of the car.

Took a TD of Emotion variant today, loved it a lot. Unfortunately no discounts on offer.

Have been offered a 2011 90HP Emotion pack, am very tempted by it. Will be going over to the showroom to see what kind of discounts I can avail.

Regards
Discounts will come in by end of Feb/Early March. That's what the dealer told me. However, he said the full amount would need to be received by them by the last working day of the month for the discount to be valid. Not sure how it works for other brands.

About the 90HP: If it exists, why is it missing from the website? I am not saying it doesn't exists since it has been seen in flesh, but there are threads here that talk about a post March launch for 90 HP. Please post some details if it is exactly same as the new 2012 models for the 75 MJD. It is confusing. I will rush out to the dealer this week to check it out.
Relativity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 22:16   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity

Discounts will come in by end of Feb/Early March. That's what the dealer told me. However, he said the full amount would need to be received by them by the last working day of the month for the discount to be valid.

About the 90HP: If it exists, why is it missing from the website? I am not saying it doesn't exists since it has been seen in flesh, but there are threads here that talk about a post March launch for 90 HP. Please post some details if it is exactly same as the new 2012 models for the 75 MJD. It is confusing. I will rush out to the dealer this week to check it out.
Sounds very confusing indeed.

The dealers in Bombay are adamant that 90hp does not hav any updates, its just a 2011 car manufactured in 2012. So not sure what's really going on.
Old 21st January 2012, 22:27   #695
BHPian

folks, fiat is planning to launch a sports version punto with sunroof, leathers, and other feature upgrades; around june/July. This will likely be the replacement for the punto 90. Fiat is cautious about this launch and would like to monitor the sales of their 2012 models, before they take the plunge. Till then, they will manufacture the punto 90 with the old specs, on the new platform.

I got this info from a reliable source, but the source could not give any definitive answers to my questions. So please take this info with a pinch of salt.
carrerastrax is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 23:22   #696
BANNED

Quote:
Sounds very confusing indeed.

The dealers in Bombay are adamant that 90hp does not hav any updates, its just a 2011 car manufactured in 2012. So not sure what's really going on.

90hp Punto will be released only in March / April 2012.

This is as per my internal reports.

For no other reason is our parking lot still devoid of the Italian Beauty
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 23:26   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
90hp Punto will be released only in March / April 2012.

This is as per my internal reports.

For no other reason is our parking lot still devoid of the Italian Beauty
That's what I heard too, lets see the pictures of the 90HP that someone has bought earlier in the thread.

Stupid question time: Does the Punto Emotion come with rear wash? I've seen the wiper but not the nozzles for the spray.

Regards
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 00:02   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's what I heard too, lets see the pictures of the 90HP that someone has bought earlier in the thread.

Stupid question time: Does the Punto Emotion come with rear wash? I've seen the wiper but not the nozzles for the spray.

Regards
It does have the nozzle for the rear. It is located near the upper middle brake light. It won't be much visible.

Another member has taken the delivery of 90HP Punto and he claims that the GC is 185 mm. Do we still need pictures to believe it?
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 00:50   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda

It does have the nozzle for the rear. It is located near the upper middle brake light. It won't be much visible.

Another member has taken the delivery of 90HP Punto and he claims that the GC is 185 mm. Do we still need pictures to believe it?
Thanks for this Ramesh.

There pictures are just to put all speculations to rest.
Old 22nd January 2012, 23:06   #700
Senior - BHPian

Was testing the camera for correct exposure and got this shot of the 2012 Linea at Oberoi Cars during the PUG-MyFiatWorld meet with Tata-Fiat today afternoon.

Nobody to beat the Italians for their awesome looking cars with no funny cuts, curves or 'fluidifications'.

What I understand is that the older Dynamic is now Active, the older Active is gone. The older Emotion+ is now Emotion and the Emotion+ is Emotion with leather seats and some other stuff.

The 2012 T-Jet and 2012 Punto 90 HP are still to be launched. The 1.4 petrol Linea is available only in Dynamic variant as I think top-end petrol will only be the T-Jet.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-img_2908.jpg  

Last edited by architect : 22nd January 2012 at 23:07.
architect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 23:27   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
What I understand is that the older Dynamic is now Active, the older Active is gone. The older Emotion+ is now Emotion and the Emotion+ is Emotion with leather seats and some other stuff.
Correction to your understanding.

For Linea MJD, Old Dynamic is now Active.
Old Emotion pack is not Dynamic.
Old Emotion pack + leather seats + 16" Alloys is now Emotion.
rameshnanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 23:40   #702
BHPian

Does anybody have a clue why Punto 90 HP prices are not available on the Fiat website? Is there a plan to discontinue or launch a new variant? Dealers claim 2012 90 HP is available though.
Old 26th January 2012, 00:39   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
Does anybody have a clue why Punto 90 HP prices are not available on the Fiat website? Is there a plan to discontinue or launch a new variant? Dealers claim 2012 90 HP is available though.
Maybe they're having its upgrade(maybe a variant or a dedicated website) lined up for 90HP soon.
Since, 90HP is already available at TF-dealerships in 2012 avatar(with New technical upgradations & Interiors), I guess its a marketing stint to promote 76PS one by showing its VFM proposition.
& its priced at 7.21 lacs ex-showroom in my city.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 26th January 2012 at 00:50. Reason: Text editing
Old 26th January 2012, 09:12   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarswift View Post
Hey sarswift,
How's your car doing? Can you please put up some pictures of your ride? Very eager to see 2012 Punto 90HP.

Regards
Old 26th January 2012, 19:58   #705

I visited the dealer this week. There is an official offer now available on Punto. Entire insurance and RSA charges are waived off along with the standard corporate discount. This comes to a little more than 20K. They were already offering free RSA and corporate discount since the launch of 2012, so practically its another 20K extra.
As someone was mentioning that Fiat will offer discounts in Feb/Mar. If that is true, then this is just the beginning.
Btw, I decided to go for Dynamic diesel but was really upset when I found out that the factory fitted music system doesn't come with USB in dynamic and dealer told me that there is no way to fit one except FM modular or through reverse parking sensors and of course they will charge for it. This is annoying. Didn't Fiat think that it would be so annoying to spend 7.5L and get a car with pathetic music system without a USB.
getmahendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed