Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2012, 21:00   #706
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Checked new Blue Linea Emotion yesterday with close family members and we were might impressed with the looks and new color.The increased GC was definitely not 'visible' to me.Did not test drive it as it was late evening and we were going to attend a marriage.Even though I'm disappointed with new Linea prices I still may go for it.
BTW regarding discounts,sales manager promised me corp. discount of 15k, another 10-12k of some 'exchange discount' even if I don't sell my present car to them and she also said that she will also talk to senior guys for free insurance etc. So I believe discounts have already started flowing in.
Old 26th January 2012, 21:04   #707
BHPian

Insurance is free in Chennai if you book by this Saturday. Corporate discount based on where you work. Cash discount upto 10k based on the model.

If you can wait, you could pick up an Emotion in a month for the same price. Scoop based on word from an insider. If you can stretch, the 90 HP is THE machine to go for. All the best.

Last edited by Amartya : 26th January 2012 at 23:12. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Cheers.
Relativity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 21:10   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
For all those who looking forward to buy 2012 Punto/ Linea, must check one point, Fiat website has only given Ex-showroom price of Delhi, and there is no specific information available in public domain for different states. The dealer may charge you higher amount(it varies always, but this time the difference seems too high), for example Punto Dymanic has a price difference of 14000+ amount between Delhi and Karnataka, from the price list I got from Concord motors, which IMO can not be the case, so please make sure you don't get fooled by the dealer.
The Fiat website now has prices for many cities in India. Definitely an improvement. However, unfortunate that the 90HP Punto details are still not available on the website.

Last edited by Amartya : 26th January 2012 at 23:12. Reason: Minor edit, avlbl = available :). Cheers.
Old 26th January 2012, 22:53   #709
h14
BHPian

The 90hp is stated to be refreshed and launched in April and that is the reason we don't find it in the website.
Old 26th January 2012, 22:56   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
The 90hp is stated to be refreshed and launched in April and that is the reason we don't find it in the website.
90 HP is very much there right now in the 2012 Avatar.
Old 27th January 2012, 05:54   #711
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

If any one of you have taken delivery of Fiat Punto 2012 can u please upload the snaps of the interiors of the new vehicle.This will help me decide on the variant that i need to go for.

thanks
MSVG
Old 27th January 2012, 09:23   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
90 HP is very much there right now in the 2012 Avatar.
Both are right. 90HP is very much available and one of T-BHP'ian already taken delivery of the same. What I heard is T-Jet and 90HP will be launched in April with some changes. 90HP may come as Punto Sports.
Old 27th January 2012, 09:26   #713
BHPian

Has Fiat started upgrading the GC on older Lineas? Has anyone done it or inquired about it???
Old 27th January 2012, 09:33   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitss View Post
Has Fiat started upgrading the GC on older Lineas? Has anyone done it or inquired about it???
Called up Concorde motors Dairy circle branch in Bangalore just now and enquired about the GC increase.
They told that they have no information about this from tatamotors as yet.

I have not seen the 2012 punto in person. I'll see that and If I'm ok with the looks, I'm planning to get this done (and yes the price for this is also a constraint)
Old 27th January 2012, 10:16   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand
Called up Concorde motors Dairy circle branch in Bangalore just now and enquired about the GC increase.
They told that they have no information about this from tatamotors as yet.

I have not seen the 2012 punto in person. I'll see that and If I'm ok with the looks, I'm planning to get this done (and yes the price for this is also a constraint)
Just now saw the 2012 Punto at Concorde Motors Cochin, it looks ok to me. May be you can change to new suspension when you have issues with your existing setup. Enquired about the upgrade kit, it's not available yet.

Last edited by nkg77 : 27th January 2012 at 10:17.
Old 27th January 2012, 16:03   #716
BHPian

I visited Prerana Motors, Lalbagh Road, Bangalore yesterday, 26 Jan. Punto SE, Ms. Sanmati Killedar at Prerana was very courteous, patient and forthcoming in showing the vehicle there. Saw the Punto Emoticon 2012 Oceanic Blue. As I have not driven or seen the earlier Puntos at close hand, I cannot comment on how good the changes to the 2012 Punto are. However, I liked the car and its build quality. Finish is superb and I guess no other hatchback comes close to it (have TDed the i20 - limp steering, no feedback and complaints scared me off, Figo, really nice overall car and real VFM & my brother has a Swift so ruled it out). They did not have a TD vehicle and even if they did, there was this mad traffic jam due to the Republic Day Flower Show at Lalbagh so will be going back this weekend to do the TD.

In the meantime, requesting inputs on the following:

1. I could not locate the rear foot level ac vents that the Fiat website says are there on the Punto. Even the SE could not find them (she said there were on the roof but could not find them!) Where are they?

2. Prices: On the Emoticon Premium Colours, Prerana is offering the following:

Ex-Showroom: 686,407.
Comp Insurance 4,000 (otherwise 22,360)
LTT: 106,668 (highest in India )
Regn Charges: 4,750
Doctors Discount: 9,000
Total on road: 792,825.
Free 50 mths RSA worth 3,500 and flaps & mats worth 1,500.
Delivery in 2 weeks for any colour.

Would like to know if the above is a good offer or there are better ones out there in Bangalore?

4. A dilemma: Wife does not like the driving position in the Punto and much prefers the Figo's driving position. She will using the car 90% of the time. But I think the Punto is a much better car overall. So the Q is, what is to be done (can't buy both!) ???

Punto vs the Figo, the Punto has much better Driver Height Adjustment, ACC, build quality, engine specs, interiors are far better, tyres & alloys bigger and wider, rear power windows and steering mounted controls. After all discounts, the Punto is 75K more than the Figo and one gets - which I think is really worth it. (For the Titanium Diesel, Metro Ford in Blr quotes 7.17 lacs and maybe with discounts, the price diff between the Punto and Figo will be 1 lac on road which according to me is still ok.)

But ... what to do about wifey's preferences ???

Advice on ALL the above 4 points from fellow Bhpians is appreciated

Last edited by GTO : 29th January 2012 at 19:35. Reason: Team-BHP does NOT permit any group-buy discussions
Old 27th January 2012, 16:14   #717
Senior - BHPian

^^

The rear footlevel AC vents are located below the front seats. You need to either lie down and use a torch or switch on the AC with airflow set downwards, to know/feel it's presence.

I hope this helps.

Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 16:19   #718
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
A dilemma: Wife does not like the driving position in the Punto and much prefers the Figo's driving position. She will using the car 90% of the time. But I think the Punto is a much better car overall. So the Q is, what is to be done (can't buy both!) ???
Punto vs the Figo, the Punto has much better Driver Height Adjustment, ACC, build quality, engine specs, interiors are far better, tyres & alloys bigger and wider, rear power windows and steering mounted controls. After all discounts, the Punto is 75K more than the Figo and one gets - which I think is really worth it. (For the Titanium Diesel, Metro Ford in Blr quotes 7.17 lacs and maybe with discounts, the price diff between the Punto and Figo will be 1 lac on road which according to me is still ok.)
But ... what to do about wifey's preferences ???

Advice on ALL the above 4 points from fellow Bhpians is appreciated
I can give an opinion on the last point

If your wife is going to use the car for 90% of the time, and if she have reasonable knowledge about cars please go with her preferred choice. Both Figo and Punto are pretty good cars, and I guess its best to leave it to the wifey to decide.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 17:00   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
1. I could not locate the rear foot level ac vents that the Fiat website says are there on the Punto. Even the SE could not find them (she said there were on the roof but could not find them!) Where are they?

4. A dilemma: Wife does not like the driving position in the Punto and much prefers the Figo's driving position. She will using the car 90% of the time. But I think the Punto is a much better car overall. So the Q is, what is to be done (can't buy both!) ???
Ha ha ha...Foot-level AC vents on the roof

On a serious note, Klub class has posted the correct info.

Let your wife take a test drive and then the decision will be a lot easier.
Don't go for it if she absolutely hates the driving position, but otherwise its just a matter of "getting-used-to"

All the best!

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 27th January 2012 at 17:01.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 19:05   #720
Team-BHP Support

Too exaggerated, IMO.

I don't plan to buy either of these cars, but having driven both- the difference is not as staggering. In fact, at current Punto prices (without discounts), Figo makes a case for itself as a brilliant VFM proposition.

And regarding your 2 points- 1. Except for that Renault-Nissan motor, this ford 1.4 has the best driveability. It is peppy enough for city use, specially for a lady. Not to forget, Punto's weakness is in first and second gear. Figo may run out of breath in highway runs compared to the multijet though.

Last edited by GTO : 29th January 2012 at 19:32. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks