Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 20:17   #736
BHPian

We were also talking about the better ground clearance of the new Punto (2012) which could be extended to the cars bought last year. Any updates on that? I was told by fiat sales engineer from Prerana that the company guarantee may become invalid after the upgradation for which I asked her what if its done by Tata-fiat dealer itself. She said, they have not heard any such offers.

How is the blue-me function of the new Punto, is there anything we could do to increase the compatibility with a larger set of mobiles/operating systems? Thanks.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th January 2012 at 22:37. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 30th January 2012, 21:34   #737
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by joommen View Post
We were also talking about the better ground clearance of the new Punto (2012) which could be extended to the cars bought last year. Any updates on that? I was told by fiat sales engineer from Prerana that the company guarantee may become invalid after the upgradation for which I asked her what if its done by Tata-fiat dealer itself. She said, they have not heard any such offers.
Now that a load of crap!! BHPians, a couple of pages back, have reported that the delaers / A$$ being given a heads up on the updates / upgrades. Though the final details have NOT come yet, dealers expect it to happen by first week of Feb! They also speculate the cost to be between 10-15K ! And there is NO way a company upgrade will cost the warranty to be invalid. The warranty WILL remain intact even after this upgrade!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 21:55   #738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Since I don't have a covered parking I want to go in for a color that would be easy to maintain.
Looks is very subjective and I would not like to comment on that.

But below is the order with respect to ease of maintaining in dust and scratches:

Minimal grey
Bosso nova White
Fox Trot azure
Exotica Red
Medium grey
Oceanic Blue
Tuscan wine
Hip Hop Black

Colour was the biggest problem when I bought my car.

All the best for your selection.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 22:09   #739

Visited the dealer today with another friend. Since we both are buying a car each, the dealer may offer >50% discount on LCD DVD player on Punto Dynamic. (Both of us are not happy about the quality of music player and moreover lack of USB player). Can someone suggest which brand and model will fit well?
Old 31st January 2012, 08:58   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Now that a load of crap!! BHPians, a couple of pages back, have reported that the delaers / A$$ being given a heads up on the updates / upgrades. Though the final details have NOT come yet, dealers expect it to happen by first week of Feb! They also speculate the cost to be between 10-15K ! And there is NO way a company upgrade will cost the warranty to be invalid. The warranty WILL remain intact even after this upgrade!
We can really hope that something positive will be communicated though the sales engineer was not buying the idea. Please do talk to Prerana dealer to communicate if they receive any positive signs in this regard from Fiat. Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 09:23   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Looks is very subjective and I would not like to comment on that.

But below is the order with respect to ease of maintaining in dust and scratches:

Minimal grey
Bosso nova White
Fox Trot azure
Exotica Red
Medium grey
Oceanic Blue
Tuscan wine
Hip Hop Black

Colour was the biggest problem when I bought my car.

All the best for your selection.
Absolutely, looks are very, very subjective and upto an individual's personal taste.

We have booked a Oceanic Blue Emotion yesterday, expected delivery is in 3 weeks. I have requested for a PDI Om Sai Motor's Vasai stock yard.

The wait begins now.
Old 31st January 2012, 09:44   #742
BHPian

Punto being a FAB vehicle - i cherished every km of it, just the absence of USB or AUX is a major showdown. Just hope they have done some improvement this time !!
Old 31st January 2012, 10:34   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Absolutely, looks are very, very subjective and upto an individual's personal taste.

We have booked a Oceanic Blue Emotion yesterday, expected delivery is in 3 weeks. I have requested for a PDI Om Sai Motor's Vasai stock yard.

The wait begins now.
congratulations in advance!!!
I talked to fiat sale rep. few days back and she hinted discounts/schemes might be different in feb,so please keep that thing in mind as well.
We also liked new oceanic blue on Linea Emotion after comparing it with white Punto standing next to it so I might as well book it this week.
rsjaurr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 11:33   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmahendra View Post
Visited the dealer today with another friend. Since we both are buying a car each, the dealer may offer >50% discount on LCD DVD player on Punto Dynamic. (Both of us are not happy about the quality of music player and moreover lack of USB player). Can someone suggest which brand and model will fit well?
Do you think the dealer will give you a choice on the brands?
Old 31st January 2012, 12:22   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
congratulations in advance!!!
I talked to fiat sale rep. few days back and she hinted discounts/schemes might be different in feb,so please keep that thing in mind as well.
We also liked new oceanic blue on Linea Emotion after comparing it with white Punto standing next to it so I might as well book it this week.
Thanks and all the best to you too.
Lets see what the discounts are for Feb, if anything better than whats being offered now I will take it up.

Cheers
Old 31st January 2012, 14:01   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
Punto being a FAB vehicle - i cherished every km of it, just the absence of USB or AUX is a major showdown. Just hope they have done some improvement this time !!
But Punto has USB port! It is located inside the glovebox, on the upper side just near the lid lock. Of course, only small drives can fit in there.

I don't know about Aux port though (I have never used the one in my car, since I don't know what I can connect there).
Old 31st January 2012, 14:15   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
agreed, They said there will be official upgrade kit coming by Fiat for older cars on there Facebook page. You can check there for Fiat India
Old 31st January 2012, 19:22   #748
BHPian

Looks like Linea is getting the higher GC treatment first. Approximate cost Rs.12490 inclusive of labour as mentioned by TASS.
lejhoom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 21:01   #749

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Do you think the dealer will give you a choice on the brands?
He might because we are ready to pay part of it. But he was supposed to call us back today to confirm, which didn't happen.
Old 31st January 2012, 21:25   #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
But Punto has USB port! It is located inside the glovebox, on the upper side just near the lid lock. Of course, only small drives can fit in there.

I don't know about Aux port though (I have never used the one in my car, since I don't know what I can connect there).
Are you sure about that? This cannot be true unless you are talking about 2011 models. Sales guys confirmed that the unit comes without USB in all variants except Emotion.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks