Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2011, 11:07   #1
BHPian

Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

3rd JAN - Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Launch

The Fiat India has confirmed that they are going to launch the 2012 'Facelifted' models of Linea and Punto on 3rd January 2012.

There are chances that they can revise the prices (most likely upwards, but not sure).

So guys what you suggest? - Anybody who is going to avail December offers on Fiat's cars shall wait for the new face lifted models?

Anybody has got any idea about what exactly is going to be 'Facelifted'?

MODS: Please merge with an existing thread, if any.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 6th December 2011 at 11:14.
Irish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 11:21   #2
BHPian

re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Great. Now the head honchos of fiat, after a long and detailed analysis, have decided that the reason fiat doesnt sell is because of the looks department?????

Wonder why they are hell bent on producing great cars and giving worst service, back up. Which is turn results in poor resale value. Pathetic. I really feel they should be kicked out of India.

But of course they themselves will beat us to it.
revintup is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 11:34   #3
BHPian

^^^ facelift is purely in terms of interiors, some thing about which everybody was cribbing so far..and they are adding Evo;s bumpers . that only change i guess...punto gets beige interiors
Old 6th December 2011, 12:08   #4

Jan 3rd - FIAT will launch the 2012 linea and punto. Both will be face-lifted and will have new interiors. The punto will most likely have the EVO exteriors and FIAT emphasize that they are doing this to also improve the fit and finish.
Meanwhile, the "FIAT caffe" will open on 6th of jan in Delhi and Pune. Sources state that on the same day, they will also open a FIAT only dealership in Delhi with no relation to TATA whatsoever.
FIAT India have also stated that TATA motors is the sole reason for their inferiority in service(although I'am satisfied with the Prerna motors, Bangalore sevice and I know others who go there are also be satisfied.)
Signs of FIAT breaking away from TATA??
ihmisohjus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 12:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihmisohjus View Post
NO . The FIAT Showroom is being build by existing TATA show room owners Only. technically, it;s a extension of existing showroom but to give FIAT individuality in market, they are opening this show room in Separate building .
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 13:27   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

From what I know, the face lift changes are very minimal, mainly interiors. Just like the new individual showrooms, do they plan to start individual A$$ as well ? Nevertheless good move and I have posted multiple times that TATA guys are the worst enemies of Fiat sales!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 13:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Good luck to the cars, once launched! I've said this again but i'll repeat myself again, the cars by themselves are very good save for the interior quality in the Punto, but its the service and the overall experience of owning a Fiat car,which results in people staying away from Punto and Linea.

Also, is there any concrete information indicating what are the exact changes to the interiors ? Will it look like the Punto evo, much better design and far better quality of plastics atleast from what the pics tell us
Old 6th December 2011, 13:42   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihmisohjus
FIAT India have also stated that TATA motors is the sole reason for their inferiority in service(although I'am satisfied with the Prerna motors, Bangalore sevice and I know others who go there are also be satisfied.)
Well as a Fiat owner, I must say, I'm not very happy with Tata ***. They simply are not trained to handle customers well enough; my dad had to raise his voice a couple of times.
But there are issues with Fiat too. Niggling issues, poor quality control, and non-availability of parts can't be blamed on Tata alone.
Anyway parting ways with Tata showrooms could at least give customers a proper sales experience, I guess.
Having said all this, if I were in the market today for a diesel hatch, i'd still consider the facelifted Punto, cos despite all the negatives, Fiat cars appeal to the heart in a certain inexplicable manner, that only owners can fathom.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
But there are issues with Fiat too. Niggling issues, poor quality control, and non-availability of parts can't be blamed on Tata alone.
Well, TATA has to take a share of the blame for poor availability of spares. The dealers are under the control of TATA - the dealers place orders for spares with TATA, who has to forward it to FIAT, and obtain spares from them. It is TATA's job of sourcing spares for their dealers. With the little interaction I've had with my dealer, spares are delayed often due to TATA's problems.

Majority of the dealers do not even stock sufficient quantity of crucial parts like door locks, or even mirror assemblies! Since the dealers are under TATA's direct control, I feel it is them to take a fair share of the blame.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:30   #10
Team-BHP Support

If Fiat is launching their punto+linea upgraded versions on 3rd Jan 2012, what portfolio are they going to have for Auto Expo which is starting 2 days later?? Or on second thought, is Fiat launching the facelifts because they are not participating in the expo?
Old 6th December 2011, 14:30   #11
BHPian

This is great news!! I bought i20 (2011 Jan) but with a very heavy heart. From the day I set eyes on the Grade Punto I've been in love with this vehicle. Had it not been for its poor interiors plastics, weird ergonomics, and the rubbery gear shift, I'd be driving the Italian beauty instead of the Korean.

From what the Fiat's European sites show, the interiors have been revamped, and how!! Although the engine department still lacks the punch in India, but I'm very very excited for this launch - even considering parting off with the Hyundai for the new Punto!!
Old 6th December 2011, 14:47   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
NO . The FIAT Showroom is being build by existing TATA show room owners Only. technically, it;s a extension of existing showroom but to give FIAT individuality in market, they are opening this show room in Separate building .
Thanks! I didn't know of that. I'm not sure whether it's the same in all the dealerships, but in Prerna, Bangalore, they have a bunch of engineers and mechanics who work only of FIAT cars and one side of the workshop is only for FIAT.
In fact, the engineer who deals with my car, goes to FIAT, Pune for training every three months. He also told me that at the factory, they have a bravo and a panda which they test(I'm not sure how true that is).
Old 6th December 2011, 14:59   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
If Fiat is launching their punto+linea upgraded versions on 3rd Jan 2012, what portfolio are they going to have for Auto Expo which is starting 2 days later?? Or on second thought, is Fiat launching the facelifts because they are not participating in the expo?
That's right. Fiat is not going to participate this year.

- Irish
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 15:46   #14
BHPian

It will be interesting to see what cosmetic upgrades will be given to the Linea. Hope they don't go the Verna Transform way and botch it up.
Also hoping that Multi Air makes its appearance in India.
Old 6th December 2011, 16:01   #15
BHPian

Even if service was bad, if the sales figures were slightly better I would have gone for Linea.

I hope the price revision is not upwards, the only way they can sell more cars (other than improving service) is price reduction - see what the nov/dec offer do to the sales figures!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks