Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2011, 00:30   #106
BHPian

re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
From what I know, the face lift changes are very minimal, mainly interiors. Just like the new individual showrooms, do they plan to start individual A$$ as well ? Nevertheless good move and I have posted multiple times that TATA guys are the worst enemies of Fiat sales!
i hope that the fiat head honchos read this and for that matter others fiat related threads ,they can very well feel the pulse of the end users of their product which any market research can even remotely match .
As regards the dedicated fiat showrooms and workshop this is the long awaited and desired step for the fiat owners .
Moreover there is no denying that tatas the reason behind the faltering sales of fiat and this marriage of convenience should end sooner the better .
After sales service is the Achilles heel of the Fiat .
@CareFreeKid
Poor ergonomics and cheap plastics are not as much the problem as the after sales service is .The superior ride and handling eclipses much of the one niggling issues one might come across in the ownership of the fiat cars.
My 45k of journey in last year and half has really been good except of-course the pathetic unprofessional-ism of tata motors in handling the customers and which shoos away many prospective buyers who want to have no frills after sales service.
regards
regards
praveen singh

Last edited by blueblooded : 16th December 2011 at 00:43. Reason: back to back posts
Old 16th December 2011, 09:48   #107
BHPian

Even I had a word with one of the sales persons in the dealership. He says that the following are the upgrades for the 2012 Punto and Linea
1. Revamped interiors
2. Redesigned front grill
3. Higher ground clearance
Most BHPians have also reported these changes from their sources.
riturajsharma19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 15:24   #108
BHPian

I'm just wondering whether the MJD doing duty in the Linea now is the MJD II, the power figures of 93 bhp and 207 nm correspond more to the MJD II VGT than the MJD VGT.
Old 16th December 2011, 16:48   #109
BHPian

Folks, just 'heard' the following points/features that are coming in the new face lifted linea
1. Only 3 variants - active, dynamic an emotion
2. New active variants will get all the features the erstwhile dynamic had. And the new dynamic will get all the features of the erstwhile emotion. No more emotion pack.
3. Audio system and airbags in all variants. Not sure if the audio setup is new and/or offers better sound
4. Top end emotion will have rain sensing lights and wipers, leathers and alloys
5. New and better fitted interiors in all variants
6. The best ones in the list, atleast according to me - new gearbox and increased ground clearance of 185mm.

Price increase unknown. I just hope they don't mess it up here. Also unknown is what they might've deleted from the existing feature list.
carrerastrax is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 20:47   #110
Senior - BHPian

There is no 2011 Punto MJD available with any of the Chennai dealers now. All are sold out. They are waiting for the TD vehicles to arrives by this month end.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 20:59   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
There is no 2011 Punto MJD available with any of the Chennai dealers now. All are sold out. They are waiting for the TD vehicles to arrives by this month end.
Plus, Fiat Punto Active MJD is Out-of-Stock nationwide.

PS: Thanks to Ajay of PUG for sharing the information.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 21:01   #112
BHPian

185 mm, are you sure? that's close to SUV territory
Old 16th December 2011, 21:50   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
Folks, just 'heard' the following points/features that are coming in the new face lifted linea
2. New .................................................. .............................................
.................................................. .......
6. The best ones in the list, atleast according to me - new gearbox and increased ground clearance of 185mm.
If the news about all these changes coupled with exclusive Fiat showroom/service centers is true, then its a big step by Fiat India which was long overdue.Customers will believe that Fiat is going to stay here for very long and Fiat will gain share precious market share in a very competitive Indian market.But only if they price it well!!!
Old 16th December 2011, 22:32   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia
185 mm, are you sure? that's close to SUV territory
Not sure, Teknophobia. But heard from a reliable source. There's a good chance that only the emotion might have those numbers with the alloys.
carrerastrax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 22:47   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. New active variants will get all the features the erstwhile dynamic had. And the new dynamic will get all the features of the erstwhile emotion. No more emotion pack.
3. Audio system and airbags in all variants. Not sure if the audio setup is new and/or offers better sound
4. Top end emotion will have rain sensing lights and wipers, leathers and alloys
5. New and better fitted interiors in all variants

Price increase unknown. I just hope they don't mess it up here. Also unknown is what they might've deleted from the existing feature list.
I seriously doubt about gearbox change. The last I heard, the pricing would increase in the rage of 45-55K across the range.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 23:46   #116
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The best ones in the list, atleast according to me - new gearbox and increased ground clearance of 185mm.

Wow.. This seems more like a dream come true. The leather interiors in a T-Jet plus is simply amazing. If Fiat can get the GC to 185 mm, I will book the car immediately.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 00:22   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Wow.. This seems more like a dream come true. The leather interiors in a T-Jet plus is simply amazing. If Fiat can get the GC to 185 mm, I will book the car immediately.
MAS, I'm skeptical about the GC being raised to 185mm. The Linea MJD currently with 15" alloys has a GC of 161mm and the T-Jet with 16" alloys has 170mm. So if at all the GC is raised I'm sure that it would be most probably 170mm or at the max 175mm. 185mm sounds too far fetched to me, even SX4 has only 180mm
lloydofcochin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 08:16   #118
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
MAS, I'm skeptical about the GC being raised to 185mm. The Linea MJD currently with 15" alloys has a GC of 161mm and the T-Jet with 16" alloys has 170mm. So if at all the GC is raised I'm sure that it would be most probably 170mm or at the max 175mm. 185mm sounds too far fetched to me, even SX4 has only 180mm
You are right. It is highly impossible for achieving a GC of 185 mm, unless Fiat has taken customer feedback seriously and have beefed up the suspension along with 16 inch wheels. 17 days to go before we get to know the reality.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 11:29   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
You are right. It is highly impossible for achieving a GC of 185 mm, unless Fiat has taken customer feedback seriously and have beefed up the suspension along with 16 inch wheels. 17 days to go before we get to know the reality.
Yeah. Let's wait till the Car is launched. FIAT is known to keep their vehicles secret even after the launch. If their's or probably the JV partner TATA's marketing dept had done some work we would have seen a lot more FIATs on the road now

OT - I have read about your thread on Fiesta but unfortunately Ford thought that use of Boron steel would probably allow them to charge a premium of 1-1.5 lac than competition.

I know that Ford makes driver oriented Cars. I can say that confidently since I have owned an Ikon 1.6 but after driving a Palio for the last 1 yr & having driven Punto & Linea I can safely tell you that FIATs surely are a cut above. I have a feeling that you might finally buy a Linea
Old 17th December 2011, 12:46   #120
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
Yeah. Let's wait till the Car is launched. FIAT is known to keep their vehicles secret even after the launch. If their's or probably the JV partner TATA's marketing dept had done some work we would have seen a lot more FIATs on the road now

OT - I have read about your thread on Fiesta but unfortunately Ford thought that use of Boron steel would probably allow them to charge a premium of 1-1.5 lac than competition.

I know that Ford makes driver oriented Cars. I can say that confidently since I have owned an Ikon 1.6 but after driving a Palio for the last 1 yr & having driven Punto & Linea I can safely tell you that FIATs surely are a cut above. I have a feeling that you might finally buy a Linea
OT: You have read my mind correctly. I'm juggling between the Fiesta and the Linea. Completely confused on which one to go for.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed