Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2011, 13:46   #121
BHPian

re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
OT: You have read my mind correctly. I'm juggling between the Fiesta and the Linea. Completely confused on which one to go for.
Considering the Ford's stupid pricing of the Fiesta and the not so premium interiors I guess Linea makes a strong case for itself
Old 17th December 2011, 15:10   #122
Senior - BHPian

I was passing by the Fiat plant at Ranjangaon last evening and was hoping to see some of these new Linea's & Punto's. Was not lucky enough, but did see a test Punto outside the plant with roof rails - no other difference was visible from the outside and I could not look inside. It looked quite nice, and could possible be one of the cosmetic changes on the Punto.

I have also heard the new gear box rumours, and about it having a 6th ratio as well. I so wish they are true !
Old 17th December 2011, 16:13   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
The last I heard, the pricing would increase in the rage of 45-55K across the range.
If the price increase is 45-55K, then I have only one word for it - suicide. Ideally, Fiat should revamp the interiors and maybe add some new features at the same price point or for maybe 10K extra.
Old 17th December 2011, 16:47   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky

If the price increase is 45-55K, then I have only one word for it - suicide. Ideally, Fiat should revamp the interiors and maybe add some new features at the same price point or for maybe 10K extra.
from January many companies are increasing prices. Lets wait n watch
Old 17th December 2011, 18:35   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
+1 to this. At the state Fiat is in now, its better they offer a more VFM car at the current price point, to grab market share from rivals. Increasing the price by almost 50k, will surely mean disaster.
Old 17th December 2011, 18:43   #126
Senior - BHPian

I have got some updates on the so called facelift . Dealership training has already started and the TD vehicles are expected to be at the dealership by the end of this month. Thought I cannot guarantee on the reliability of the source, here are the key highlights of the update.

- No changes planned on Punto (not even beige interiors).
- No gearbox changes.
- Linea 1.4 Fire and MJD will only undergo the changes.
- Linea's GC will be increased to 185 mm.
- There will be only 3 variants on Linea (Active, Dynamic, Emotion).
- 36 new features are going to be added to Linea including rain sensing Wipers, leather seats, 16" wheels, etc.,
- Linea Active and Dynamic will have 15" wheels and Emotion would have 16".
- New features like Rain sensing wipers will be available from the base variant itself.
- Linea MJD Emotion may cost 9.5L Ex-showroom Chennai (Will close to 11L OTR).
rameshnanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 19:19   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post

- No changes planned on Punto (not even beige interiors).
- No gearbox changes.
- Linea 1.4 Fire and MJD will only undergo the changes.
- Linea MJD Emotion may cost 9.5L Ex-showroom Chennai (Will close to 11L OTR).
Cant believe they are not doing anything about Punto. Atleast they could have changed the beige interior, just for the sake of it. Is Fiat India happy to sell Punto in just 3-digits figure??

If price for top model is 9.7L ES, then probably all of us waiting for face-lifted Linea are wasting our time IMO. Suddenly we have better cars at lower price waiting eagerly for us e.g. Vento,Rapid etc

Last edited by rsjaurr : 17th December 2011 at 19:20.
Old 17th December 2011, 20:42   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Cant believe they are not doing anything about Punto. Atleast they could have changed the beige interior, just for the sake of it. Is Fiat India happy to sell Punto in just 3-digits figure??

If price for top model is 9.7L ES, then probably all of us waiting for face-lifted Linea are wasting our time IMO. Suddenly we have better cars at lower price waiting eagerly for us e.g. Vento,Rapid etc
I wish whatever update I got from a source become false. 11L OTR for Linea will be a disaster for Fiat. But, one good thing I heard is that ABS/Airbag may be offered on all the 3 variants. Let us wait and see till 03rd Jan.
Old 17th December 2011, 23:12   #129
BHPian

Without an increase in the Engine specification i.e. an upgradation to 1.6 MJD, if FIAT goes for a price increase, it would be fatal...!

Lenia is already stuffed with features and how much they will add on to it. Interior upgrade, increase in GC, a better music system would be a welcome change though.

But, I would say, any price increase in the range of 50K to 1 lac will only be justified with a change of Heart. If such a thing happens, and the OTR comes to even 11 or 11.5 lacs also for the top variant coupled with opening of exclusive showrooms for the FIAT at least in major cities will do wonders and we will get to see magic numbers of Lenia's on the road
Keralite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 14:04   #130
Senior - BHPian

Today, happened to meet one of the person who attended the Dealership Training. Fiat has made it clear that the Jan'2012 models will be refreshed models and not Facelift. Major facelift will happen by end of 2012.

- 185 MM of GC for Linea is true. This is going to happen with 16" wheels and new suspension setup.
- Punto will also get GC upgrade and no other additional features like Linea. Punto 1.4 will have 195 mm and MJD will have 185 mm.
- Punto Dynamic will have ABS alone and Linea Dynamic will have ABS and Airbags.
- Linea will get new shade - A Blue shade that we see in the Fascination Advert.
- According to this person, launch may happen after 15th Jan. Again, not sure. Training did take place last week and this person whom I spoke to has attended the training.

Note:- There are also high chances that Fiat may launch Bravo thru the CBU route in Jan'2012.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 18th December 2011 at 14:15.
rameshnanda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 14:17   #131
BHPian

ok, now it is more or less confirmed that the GC is 185mm, how could this make a difference to the handling? t-bph experts please give your opinion. i hope this higher GC does not snatch away one of one of fiat's strengths ie handling.
Old 18th December 2011, 16:56   #132
Senior - BHPian

The GC figure of 185MM is completely wrong. Even the Scorpio has a GC of 180MM and 185MM GC for the Linea would only mean 'DISASTER' if its true!
Old 18th December 2011, 17:09   #133
GSM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix
The GC figure of 185MM is completely wrong. Even the Scorpio has a GC of 180MM and 185MM GC for the Linea would only mean 'DISASTER' if its true!
Why should it be a disaster? IIRC Ford Fusion had similar GC.
Old 18th December 2011, 17:14   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keralite View Post
Without an increase in the Engine specification i.e. an upgradation to 1.6 MJD, if FIAT goes for a price increase, it would be fatal...!

Lenia

numbers of Lenia's
I completely concur with Keralite; the FIAT's should have been released with the 1.6 mjd from day 1.

You have misspelled Linea twice. Flying fingers or wholly intentional.
Old 18th December 2011, 17:28   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM View Post
Why should it be a disaster? IIRC Ford Fusion had similar GC.
The Fusion was not really a sedan! A higher GC possibly affects the dynamics of a car with handling and I dont know how much that would matter in the Linea which is excellent in this department. The 185MM just doesnt sound right to me!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks