Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 12:45   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

@ Autocop - he is having all sorts of wrong information. 17" alloys. tata safari has the same
Old 28th December 2011, 13:31   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
One striking point he said was, your Linea (Diesel Emotion Pack) has a GC of 161mm, the new one will (all versions active, dynamic, emotion) have a GC of 200mm. Asked him what magic Fiat has done.
Man, 200 mm !! He should be kidding! We have very few SUVs with 200mm o above GC and look what he is talking about!

And having 16" wheels / alloys seems logical since t-jet offers the same with improvement in GC. But 17 inches. Would not it scrape the underbody on full locks or load?
Old 28th December 2011, 13:53   #183
Team-BHP Support

+1 to what swiftnfurious said.

200mm is highly unlikely. With such high ground clearance, it will look like a monster truck (car body with tractor wheels) . My guess is 16" wheels of the T-Jet. From my experience in the T-Jet+, I think the max size the current linea can take is 16". Anything more than that might scrape the tyre arches on speedbreakers.

On a different note, the dealer here seems to think the T-Jet+ top variant will now come with sunroof. Is this just a rumour? Any information on this from any of you?

Also, Can existing linea owners retrofit the rain sensing wipers and light sensing headlamps on our current cars?
Old 28th December 2011, 16:00   #184
BHPian

I thought 17" upgrade is to prevent scrape. May be I didn't get you?

Internationally Linea is sold with 17" wheels. Also, a fellow BHPian is happily driving Linea MJD after upgrading to 17" alloys and rubber.

Even I thought 200mm GC with upgrade was way too high. Technically what would be increase in GC for Linea by upgrading wheel size by 2"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Man, 200 mm !! He should be kidding! We have very few SUVs with 200mm o above GC and look what he is talking about!

And having 16" wheels / alloys seems logical since t-jet offers the same with improvement in GC. But 17 inches. Would not it scrape the underbody on full locks or load?

It a speculation that doesn't sound beyond impagination, since, the 2012 Brazil Linea is sold with 17" wheels/tyres. Also a fellow BHPian is has upgraded to 17" wheels/tyres. The link to the thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...id-pg-6-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
@ Autocop - he is having all sorts of wrong information. 17" alloys. tata safari has the same
If this is true, it will give Linea a unique distiction of having the biggest and probably widest wheels/tyres in its segement. I think Linea's body can carry it with grace. A few thoughts on Pros and Cons with the upgrade.

What are the Pros?
Lesser Ground Scrapes
Better Grip
Improved Stance
Improved Road View
Better Ride

What are the Cons?
Slower Acceleration
Braking Distance Increase
Reduced Brake Pad Life
Slight Compromise in Handling Due To Higher Centre of Gravity
Old 28th December 2011, 16:07   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post

If this is true, it will give Linea a unique distiction of having the biggest and probably widest wheels/tyres in its segement. I think Linea's body can carry it with grace. A few thoughts on Pros and Cons with the upgrade.

What are the Pros?
Lesser Ground Scrapes
Better Grip
Improved Stance
Improved Road View
Better Ride

What are the Cons?
Slower Acceleration
Braking Distance Increase
Reduced Brake Pad Life
Slight Compromise in Handling Due To Higher Centre of Gravity
it is not true. i had posted the test drive report of new linea, but mods removed it as magazines scans are not allowed.

they have clearly mentioned the lineas will be fitted with TJET alloys which are 16inch and yes they are very beautiful
Old 28th December 2011, 17:00   #186
BHPian

Guys, any updates on pricing and waiting period?

I'm looking to book a Punto soon.
Old 28th December 2011, 17:26   #187
BHPian

@cliffhanger: In concorde if you book it now they will be able to deliver within 2 weeks as per sales guy. No details on pricing front yet but saw a news that fiat is increasing price of all models by 2%. Not sure is it after all upgardes.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 20:17   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post

Your apprehension on pricing is understandable.

Waiting period with current Fiats? Absolutely not possible .
Old 28th December 2011, 20:58   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Waiting period with current Fiats? Absolutely not possible .
I think you have forgotten how the Tata sales people work. They give you a date and they drag you to eternity or till you cancel your booking.

Coming back to topic, I don't know whether to appreciate or hit Fiat for keeping this new launch such a high secret.
Old 28th December 2011, 21:32   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you have forgotten how the Tata sales people work. They give you a date and they drag you to eternity or till you cancel your booking.

Coming back to topic, I don't know whether to appreciate or hit Fiat for keeping this new launch such a high secret.
I know. I know. I very well know about them. I had a fight with them to buy a Fiat car.

On a lighter note, Fiat's car itself is a secret to many. One of my colleague after seeing my Linea asked me whether Fiat is still selling cars in India and from where did I buy a Fiat .
rameshnanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 10:22   #191
BHPian

It would have been nice if they would have come with an auto box too! Because right now for a good AT car in this segment you have only Honda City. Though petrol vento also has it but performance is below par. and the verna is marred by bad handling and ride. Let's see now how the new fiesta pulls it though. But till then.. Its only the city. Would have been nice to see T-jet with some more power and a AT.
Old 30th December 2011, 11:57   #192
BHPian

Quote:

If are looking to book a punto then its great and courageous decision in equal measures .As regards the waiting period,its unheard of ,as the demand for the cars not so great so it must be available to you within a couple of weeks .One thing is important is that the how good or bad the concerned tata-fiat dealer happens to be.
Happy puntoing
regards
praveen
Old 30th December 2011, 17:32   #193
BHPian

Guys, just called up Tafe Reach, Chennai to get Punto pricing. But the lady who attended the call replied that Punto is not available currently and that delivery is expected only on February.

I don't understand the reason of non-availability. Fiat is neither affected by floods or other calamities nor by blockbuster sales, but still is unable to deliver cars. Fiat India management does have a mind of it's own.

@Ramesh - Now you would have understood why I was apprehensive. I think Tata and Fiat should add a Tagline to their signatures - "Expect the Unexpected"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
If are looking to book a punto then its great and courageous decision in equal measures. Happy puntoing
regards
praveen
When Punto was launched, I booked it without even TDing it. One of the early birds(or guinea pigs, if you may want to call it like that) in Chennai to book the car at that time.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 30th December 2011 at 17:35.
Old 30th December 2011, 18:16   #194
BHPian

A BNW Punto and new blue shade linea is arriving in VST hopefully by next week. The expected price and delivery dates are not known, so probably the lady at the reception is giving some dates based on her guess work.
Old 30th December 2011, 22:10   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, just called up Tafe Reach, Chennai to get Punto pricing. But the lady who attended the call replied that Punto is not available currently and that delivery is expected only on February.

I don't understand the reason of non-availability. Fiat is neither affected by floods or other calamities nor by blockbuster sales, but still is unable to deliver cars. Fiat India management does have a mind of it's own.
I suppose FIAT hasn't anticipated such surprise bookings?
FIAT should have been used to producing only about 200 Puntos and 150 Lineas each month, after their experience from 2011!
Jokes apart, I think FIAT is yet to dispatch the updated 2012 models to the dealers. Isn't it a common practice adopted by all manufacturers to cut down production during December and then try and clear the stock at dealer end with discounts?

Last edited by aravind.anand : 30th December 2011 at 22:14. Reason: Typographical error
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks