Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2011, 22:26   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger
Guys, just called up Tafe Reach, Chennai to get Punto pricing. But the lady who attended the call replied that Punto is not available currently and that delivery is expected only on February.

I don't understand the reason of non-availability. Fiat is neither affected by floods or other calamities nor by blockbuster sales, but still is unable to deliver cars. Fiat India management does have a mind of it's own.
Fiat produces fewer cars in December than they do in other months. January 2012 cars will reach dealers down South only by the end of the month or early Feb.
I think that's the sole reason for the "waiting period".
one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 23:08   #197
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Guys, just called up Tafe Reach, Chennai to get Punto pricing. But the lady who attended the call replied that Punto is not available currently and that delivery is expected only on February.

I don't understand the reason of non-availability. Fiat is neither affected by floods or other calamities nor by blockbuster sales, but still is unable to deliver cars. Fiat India management does have a mind of it's own.

@Ramesh - Now you would have understood why I was apprehensive. I think Tata and Fiat should add a Tagline to their signatures - "Expect the Unexpected"
In Chennai, the delivery happens to be in Feb or the last week of January for the bookings Fiat take in January. Even in Jan'2011 I got the same timeline for the delivery from Concorde, Chennai.
Old 31st December 2011, 23:30   #198
anb
BHPian

Punto and Linea will come with only minor changes. Linea emotion gets 16" alloy wheel from T-Jet. All linea models will get automatic wiper and headlights. Fiat improved the A/C unit. Ground clearance of linea has been increased to 185mm.
Old 1st January 2012, 00:11   #199
BHPian

Quote:
anbRe: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - 3rd JAN 2012
Punto and Linea will come with only minor changes. Linea emotion gets 16" alloy wheel from T-Jet. All linea models will get automatic wiper and headlights. Fiat improved the A/C unit. Ground clearance of linea has been increased to 185mm.
Sounds good.
Any guestimate on pricing. I wish the current discounts do not disappear. I am looking for a new car end of Jan12. If new safari doesn't click then this could be one car I might think of. I had TDed Tjet in September and man, the car was rocking.

Also they have to factor in the competetion from City Corporate Edition. However I am happy to see that Slowly customer is becoming king.
Old 1st January 2012, 21:43   #200
Senior - BHPian

Some scoop pics from TFI of the 2012 Punto :

http://www.****************/fiat-ind...html#post82738
Old 1st January 2012, 23:16   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Some scoop pics from TFI of the 2012 Punto :

http://www.****************/fiat-ind...html#post82738
Looks like no other forum URLs are allowed in t-bhp. If anyone has access to team-fiat, could they post the pics with due credit to the uploader? I can't see the images in TF as well - guess only members could see those.
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:26   #202
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Source : http://www.****************/fiat-ind...ted-punto.html

Pics attached of the facelifted Punto 2012 from TFI site
Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-2012punto-001.jpg
Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-2012punto-002-cropped.jpg

I did not notice any major changes in the Punto. Hope the Linea looks better on the inside with Leather upholstery.
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:38   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I did not notice any major changes in the Punto. Hope the Linea looks better on the inside with Leather upholstery.
I happened to see a couple of Punto 2012 models parked in the KHT motors stockyard when I went to do the PDI for my car today. Fortunately the car was unlocked so the SA allowed me to take a quick look inside. My impression is that almost all of the interiors have been left untouched.

I have seen articles where it has been surmised that the interior color scheme will be changed to black and beige. Sorry folks, it's still black and grey. The dash still looks the same. Nothing new whatsoever. From the outside the car looks exactly the same, down to having the same alloy designs.

The only new thing I saw is a new seat cover pattern which in my opinion doesn't look that good.

I read somewhere that FIAT was planning to increase the GC. This particular car was parked in an uneven area, so I couldn't compare it to the other Puntos.

The SA told me that they haven't received any literature or details on the specs. Only the demo cars have arrived.

I am happy that I took advantage of the December offers and booked the car rather than waiting for the 'refreshed' version.
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:44   #204
BHPian

Not sure if you guys have seen this in the Fiat's website.
The website has been hacked by "Pak Falcons"

I would ask everyone visiting the Fiat's website to refrain from giving their personal information till the issue has been sorted by Fiat.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-fiatsite.png  

Last edited by raajks : 2nd January 2012 at 15:46.
raajks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:07   #205
BHPian

This is the 2nd or 3rd time this site has been hacked by the same group!!!!
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:50   #206
Senior - BHPian

Leaving Punto untouched looks wise is good. But they have to give a little more pep to the MJD engine and an extra gear. I was never into interiors too much for that matter. They have less importance to me.

Regarding the hacking thing: The guys obviously have got time to kill. Thankfully this bunch is killing only time.
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:52   #207
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie View Post
This is the 2nd or 3rd time this site has been hacked by the same group!!!!
This is the second time. Being discussed here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ked-again.html
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:55   #208
Senior - BHPian

From the pics, the Punto doesn't look like it has received any facelift. I think Fiat may use this opportunity for some price correction and to add/delete some features from the existing variants.

The car in the pic seems to be Emo.Pack, but I think it doesn't have chrome door handles - so are there going to be 75HP and 90HP MJD Emo.Packs or will the Emo.Pack now come with 90HP only? I think that Fiat should seriously consider introducing 1.2 Emo.Pack as well.
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:29   #209
BHPian

The 2012 Punto and Linea would have Active,Dynamic and Emotion.E pack has been removed.

Punto
Active-the current Dynamic
Dynamic-the current Emotion
Emotion-the current E pack

Linea

Active-the current Dynamic
Dynamic-the current E pack without alloys
Emotion-Dynamic+16"T Jet alloys+Leather

All variants of the Linea get the auto wipers etc.I heard that Audio is going to standard across the range.Even in the Punto the Active is the only one that needs the audio.Others will have it default.Lets see whether the Active of both Linea and Punto get Audio.

Both the cars get a GC upgrade and a better quality interior.The antenna too has improved in the 2012 versions.The seat fabric pattern has changed a bit.

Forgot to mention that both the cars get a Blue colour similar to the one that was shown in the Linea fascination film when the Linea was launched.
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:46   #210
BHPian

Greetings,

Got an email from Fiat India mentioning about the launch of Linea and Punto 2012.

Catch Live on the web.

Here are the web sites:

Tomorrow 3rd Jan, 1:30 PM onwards:

www.fiat-india.com/livestream1
www.facebook.com/fiat.experience.india
www.fiat-india.mobi

-PK

Last edited by pk_del : 2nd January 2012 at 20:47.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks