Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 14:35   #361
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

+1
I hope and wish fiat guys are reading this thread.
Even the tons of consulting on facelift wont do a job until and unless fiat improves upon the customer relations or more specifically the after sales .
I earnestly looking forward to the day when fiat comes up with their dedicated showrooms .
Dear friend , give it some more time and I assure you would relish your decision and commitment to fiat band wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Fiat India are not going to gain anything out of these new launches unless and otherwise there is a genuine improvement to the product. Opening dedicated showrooms, service centers and a cafe are all good, at the end there has to be quality to a product.

There is a plastic part that fuses with the wind screen just below the wipers. It runs the entire length of the windscreen. My car is just 20 days old, has run just 1500km and has never been parked in the hot sun. Even after taking care of all this, this plastic piece looks faded and does not look very nice. There is already a gap between this plastic part and the wind screen at one point. Will put up a picture soon.

Quality and a Customer First approach in the only way Fiat can sell a car. I have been reading about much improved customer service. However, from the experience I had when I first went to buy my Fiat, it is still far from it.

Last edited by blueblooded : 5th January 2012 at 14:37. Reason: adding more information
Old 5th January 2012, 15:03   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praburaghav View Post
Thank you for the words of wisdom. Space is not one of my requirements as I spend most of the time at the wheels; and the rear seats are 99% of the time craving for passengers. My usage is around 40-50 KM per day and 2K average PM. Do atleast 700-900 KMs once a month on weekend highway trips. Also I am crazy about driving but sedately.

Why not i20 CRDi ?
- Powerful engine that is good for highway trips
- Light controls make for effortless city driving
- Spacious interiors and good build
- Good fuel economy
- Hyundai's widespread service only next to Maruti in terms of spread
Old 5th January 2012, 15:20   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I don't think *** is any good in Goa for any of the cars except Maruti and Hyundai. I have first hand experience with Maruti, Hyundai, Ford, Honda (2 whlrs), Mahindra (2 Whlrs), Honda cars *** and but for Maruti and Hyundai all are pathetic. I also went to Fiat-Tata showroom at Verna for enquiring about Fiat and the SR was least bothered about them, he was pressing more for Tata that much that he was caring more for Nano rather than Linea and Punto. IIRC there is an ownership report of Linea on a website called goaonwheels and there also same thing been said car is good but *** is most pathetic.
I do agree with you that the maruti and Hyundai A.$.$ has been much better then the rest of the pack. This is partially due to the reason that these manufacturers have multiple dealerships in Goa (maruti has Sai, Chowgule, Aryamaan...to name a few, while hyundai has Goa hyundai, Alcon). Well this hasnt been a case with the other dealers namely Ford, Volkswagen, Honda.

One of my friend recently got a Toyota Liva. Having driven a Ritz for quite sometime, he cant stop bragging about the customer service of the toyota dealer.

Also, I think Maruti is the only service center in Goa which services cars on Sundays. On the other had Tata Motors (Auto Ind), does not even accept a car on a saturday, let alone a sunday.

IMO, one can safely add a couple of dealerships to the "safe" category in Goa, namely, Honda and Toyota.
Old 5th January 2012, 16:07   #364
BHPian

Space is not the only USP for Vista - it is the best riding comfort in the segment. And moreover its a breeze to drive in the city given the gearing. I would give swift a thumbs down because it has almost no space in the trunk and the new styling is hard to spot from the old one. Dont worry about the TASS, it has improved significantly - at least in Bangalore - this is from the 3 years of owning a vista.
I would say Punto is also a good choice, but again I think the increased GC doesnt make it as good looking as before.
Old 5th January 2012, 16:49   #365
BHPian

i just went for test drive in Punto diesel 2012. here are the points i noticed

the steering and the clutch is more lighter than earlier and it eats the bumps easily. i loved the steering feedback and i'm going to book GP Dynamic diesel soon.

i'm just waiting for the best deal from the dealer, which i will get not later than tomorrow.

i dont know why people say this but for me
"it is indeed good looking even with the increased GC ."
Old 5th January 2012, 17:28   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The Punto is a pain in the city, the lousy gearshift and turning radius are a put off
Quote:
On a related note,because you have mentioned space is not important don't go near the Vista.
That's a pretty strong reaction. I guess appending such statements with something like "In my opinion.. " or " I feel that..." would be a more polite way of stating things which may be obvious to one but not necessarily for others.

Something akin to the lady driver's statements discussed earlier on..
Charioteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 21:19   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charioteer View Post
That's a pretty strong reaction. I guess appending such statements with something like "In my opinion.. " or " I feel that..." would be a more polite way of stating things which may be obvious to one but not necessarily for others.

Something akin to the lady driver's statements discussed earlier on..
Stating the obvious with a qualifier is unnecessary, my friend drove my car a couple of days back, he drives an ANHC and he was impressed with the GP's handling and high speed stability. The gearshift is nothing impressive and even fanboys need to get to admitting that, the turning circle is a pain and I guess everyone who ever got stuck behind a GP taking a U turn knows it. Of course every post is an opinion, we can agree to disagree with our apparently different take on Fiat cars.

The lady drivers comment is an oxymoron, hard steering and no feedback, lots of feedback with a lively steering would be more like it.
Old 5th January 2012, 21:41   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk
The lady drivers comment is an oxymoron, hard steering and no feedback, lots of feedback with a lively steering would be more like it.
There are numerous things one can criticise about Fiats, but the steering is definitely not one among them.
I find it perfect to hold, adequately weighted, and the precision and feedback it provides is driving nirvana. Yes, it's heavy compared to electronic units, but it's hardly too heavy for comfort. There were times not too long ago when power steering was a luxury, so the lady is sort of going overboard.
one-77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 21:48   #369
BHPian

@Avira..

We may not be able generalise it.. For me, I actually like the gear shift in my Tjet and its not 'toy' like other japanese cars. Its a personal liking and need not be generalised all the time.
Sathya_sc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 22:55   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Stating the obvious with a qualifier is unnecessary, my friend drove my car a couple of days back, he drives an ANHC and he was impressed with the GP's handling and high speed stability. The gearshift is nothing impressive and even fanboys need to get to admitting that, the turning circle is a pain and I guess everyone who ever got stuck behind a GP taking a U turn knows it. Of course every post is an opinion, we can agree to disagree with our apparently different take on Fiat cars.

Interesting, you said that. We replaced our Opel Corsa with Linea MJet about a year back and whenever my wife drives (not very often i.e.), she claims that she is finding the steering way too light comparing with the Corsa. But I think they are comparable. Personally I feel Linea's steering is a bit difficult to handle while parking etc. but a marvel on highways. I must also say that when I drove my friend's ANHC, I didn't feel comfortable at all on winding roads. At this price range, I guess we can't have the best of both worlds.
Old 5th January 2012, 23:15   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Interesting, you said that. We replaced our Opel Corsa with Linea MJet about a year back and whenever my wife drives (not very often i.e.), she claims that she is finding the steering way too light comparing with the Corsa. But I think they are comparable. Personally I feel Linea's steering is a bit difficult to handle while parking etc. but a marvel on highways. I must also say that when I drove my friend's ANHC, I didn't feel comfortable at all on winding roads. At this price range, I guess we can't have the best of both worlds.
I was referring to my GP, not sure about the Linea and its steering. I have no complaints, but to most people good steering = EPS, sad but true. I drove a Corsa long time ago and I loved it, maybe it was the petrol bit that did it. The all new Fiesta is good at striking a balance, feather light at parking speeds and nicely weighed at speed.

The ANHC stock tyres on winding roads is no-no, I drove an ANHC with 205/50/R16 up and down on a hill station trip , the steering feel was pretty good. The gearshift made up for the slight lifelessness.
Old 6th January 2012, 13:04   #372
BHPian

For all those who looking forward to buy 2012 Punto/ Linea, must check one point, Fiat website has only given Ex-showroom price of Delhi, and there is no specific information available in public domain for different states. The dealer may charge you higher amount(it varies always, but this time the difference seems too high), for example Punto Dymanic has a price difference of 14000+ amount between Delhi and Karnataka, from the price list I got from Concord motors, which IMO can not be the case, so please make sure you don't get fooled by the dealer.
asdon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 13:40   #373

Disappointing that they are still not coming with 1.6 or 1.8 Diesel. I waited for this, but got the new Verna now.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:16   #374
BHPian

You can call the Fiat Help line to get the exact quote.

I have checked prices of 90HP GP and it seems to match.

However, I am not clear wheter the price being quoted is for old 90 HP Emotion GP or is it price of 90 HP 2012 GP. SA tells me later is the case but I dont see any infor about it on website.

Regards
Saurabh
Old 6th January 2012, 14:29   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Why not i20 CRDi ?
- Powerful engine that is good for highway trips
- Light controls make for effortless city driving
- Spacious interiors and good build
- Good fuel economy
- Hyundai's widespread service only next to Maruti in terms of spread

TK,

Thanks for the input. I already have a Hyundai and wanted to try other products. Also have couple of I20s in the neighbourhood where compliants on AC and Steering rattle are frequent. Hence opted for something fresh.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks