Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Ah the Human nature.

Let me quote a poem (Again):
As a rule man is fool,
When it is hot he wants it cool,
When it is cool he wants it hot,
Always wanting what is not!!!

Earlier we had people cribbing about Punto and Linea scrapping over speed breakers.
Now when FIAT did increase the GC we hear this.

Ah the human nature.
download2live is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 20:19   #377
BHPian

Today I along with 3 of my friends went to Concord Motors, for test drive of Linea Dynamic & Punto Dynamic, and let me tell you one thing 1st, I have a 2010(Aug made) punto Active and I have seen and driven 2009 Punto Emotion Pk, the interior quality has improved miles, the plastic quality is comparable with Skoda Fabia, which I have seen in early 2011. Its not that ugly with 185 GC, its actually looking good. I think they have done something with gear ratios in Punto, its smoother than before, picking up better than before and The so soft Punto clutch has become more soft. We drove both Punto and Linea on Mysore Rd and felt no issues with handling at high speed or at curves. And The experience was so impressive to me and my friends, one of them who had a Indica Vista QDJ, sold it and got a Figo ZXI just one month ago and just drove 2300 KM, has decided to sell his Figo and book Punto Dynamic, I decided to sell my Active Punto and upgrade to Dynamic and another friend who has seen the vehicle 2 days back and heard from us today has decided to sell his VVT SX4 ZXI and book Dynamic Linea. We are just concerned with delivery date of new cars which we will come to know in 2/3 days and then decide on selling our current ones and get new ones.
asdon is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 20:31   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Today I along with 3 of my friends went to Concord Motors, for test drive of Linea Dynamic & Punto Dynamic, and let me tell you one thing 1st, I have a 2010(Aug made) punto Active and I have seen and driven 2009 Punto Emotion Pk, the interior quality has improved miles, the plastic quality is comparable with Skoda Fabia, which I have seen in early 2011. Its not that ugly with 185 GC, its actually looking good. I think they have done something with gear ratios in Punto, its smoother than before, picking up better than before and The so soft Punto clutch has become more soft. We drove both Punto and Linea on Mysore Rd and felt no issues with handling at high speed or at curves. And The experience was so impressive to me and my friends, one of them who had a Indica Vista QDJ, sold it and got a Figo ZXI just one month ago and just drove 2300 KM, has decided to sell his Figo and book Punto Dynamic, I decided to sell my Active Punto and upgrade to Dynamic and another friend who has seen the vehicle 2 days back and heard from us today has decided to sell his VVT SX4 ZXI and book Dynamic Linea. We are just concerned with delivery date of new cars which we will come to know in 2/3 days and then decide on selling our current ones and get new ones.

Wow thats very encouraging specially that a current punto owner feels that there is no compromise in the handling and ride quality in the 2012 fiats. I was quite certain that FIAT will not let the USP of punto and linea go for a toss by increasing the GC.
scofield is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 20:57   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are just concerned with delivery date of new cars which we will come to know in 2/3 days and then decide on selling our current ones and get new ones.
Go for a bulk booking. Will get you guys some extra discounts.
Old 6th January 2012, 22:40   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now that is encouraging. Interior quality was a let down for many people and if its addressed, there is really no reason to crib about these beauties then. I am still a bit skeptical about the look of Punto 1.2 with increased GC. May be in person it looks good but if I go by the picture, the tyre wall gap was ugly. I will try and get test drive of Punto and will see if I feel any better in new Punto
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 23:34   #381
BHPian

@ adson pls post pics of interiors if you have them.i still think offering black biege combo as seen in linea would have given a premium feel.Greys always feels 90's ish.main problem of current one is the texture with coarse grains which tends to attract grime easily and lose sheen.A good dash board polish can keep things looking good for a fortnight.attaching a pic of my 2 yr old dash after a polish.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-img_4041.jpg  

Last edited by aditya116 : 6th January 2012 at 23:40.
Old 6th January 2012, 23:52   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by master uio View Post
Diappointed at the Handling with the increased Ground Clearance. The handling at curves is not confidence inspiring. The Engine noise is not pleasant at all in a 11 Lakh plus car. The older wheel Dia. was far better for Ride & Handling. The purpose of this car is to go fast with exceptional ride & handling. If greater G.C is reqd., one must go for an SUV.

The SX4 is definitely, infinitely better!
Engine noise in Linea? This is news to me.
Have you ever driven Vento and know how much does that cost?

If you could elaborate more on your experience on the handling, that would greatly help the members.
Old 7th January 2012, 01:12   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Now that is encouraging. Interior quality was a let down for many people and if its addressed, there is really no reason to crib about these beauties then. I am still a bit skeptical about the look of Punto 1.2 with increased GC. May be in person it looks good but if I go by the picture, the tyre wall gap was ugly. I will try and get test drive of Punto and will see if I feel any better in new Punto
Actually in 1.2 it may look odd as the GC is 195.

About linea we did not find high noise level compared to current Mjd Linea. Handeling was brilliant.

@downloadtolive - we planned to book 3 Punto and one linea.
Old 7th January 2012, 01:27   #384
BHPian

Quote:
you guys are really great chaps and true blue blooded auto enthusiasts,It takes hell lot of grit to put your money in the car that people love to hate,despite its being beyond comparison.
Once a punter always a punter.
regards
Praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 01:42   #385
BHPian

Looking at few posts above with actual hands on experience I am pleasantly surprised at the new libra and punto. Fiat has done a wonderful job I must say.
Old 7th January 2012, 10:35   #386
BHPian

The Fiat India website seems to have removed all and sundry on T-Jet models. They are certainly not going to stop selling T-Jet, and even if there's no facelift on that, what is the point in removing all information? And I certainly don't understand the point in not giving some additional features such as rain sensing wipers to the T-Jet.
Old 7th January 2012, 12:05   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
The Fiat India website seems to have removed all and sundry on T-Jet models. They are certainly not going to stop selling T-Jet, and even if there's no facelift on that, what is the point in removing all information? And I certainly don't understand the point in not giving some additional features such as rain sensing wipers to the T-Jet.
Don't loose hope wait till june/july, advancement of Tjet and 90HP is comming for sure.
Old 7th January 2012, 17:29   #388
BHPian

Just finished a two hour test drive of the 2012 Linea Diesel.

Some points which I can confidently make -

Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-1.tbhp.jpg
Lovely new look with the raised stance - purely personal opinion..seemed to share it with all of us involved in the test drive.

Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-2.tbhp.jpg
But, the gap above wheel, viewed separately, is a compromise and does not really find a place in this beauty of a car!

Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-4.tbhp.jpg
(b) Interiors are of great quality.. softer to touch and perfect paneling.

(c) Increased sound? NOTHING that I could comprehend, howmuchsoever I tried to focus.

Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-3.tbhp.jpg
(d) Getting and out - a breeze - elderly people will be pretty pleased with this car.

(e) Improved AC - cannot really comment - (I never knew this was a problem area in the other Lineas that I have driven )

(f) The sales guy was one really brilliant guy called Srinivas, SRMT,Vizag. Every info was at his fingertips. Only issue he could not clarify was my query on the folding rear seat (till now included only in Tjet+)
Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-6.tbhp.jpg
What next for a collapsible rear seat???

(g) Much better view from the driving seat. Really enjoyed my drive, feeling taller. Don't know if it was for real or was the 185 mm playing in my mind!!

(h) Was hoping for some miracle that the new car would pull on in third / second gear after every speed breaker or that I could have taken the U turn on the road before that APSRTC bus at the horizon could reach close enough to intimidate me but that way its still the dear old Linea!! Hope that changes during the TD of 1.6 MJD !!

Now the most important - ride quality - I could sense that it is affected to some extent. I tried several hairpin bends up-slope and down slope in a ghat section and yes there is a higher degree of movement inside as compared to the earlier version.But if somebody says that it has become "poor" or to even to make the car lose its position as a segment leader in ride comfort, then sorry, I won't agree.

And someone compared ride quality with SX4

(Even a Maruti sales guy will die of guilt on committing such a sin!!)

Background to this test drive: I am no linea or fiat owner; never have been earlier. And my father's first car was a M800, so fiat doesn't run in my family either .

But have been looking out for a sedan and somehow linea has caught my imagination. I drove my colleague's MJD (Apr 2010) on thursday for a good hour or so anticipating a test drive of 2012 Linea that evening, which finally happened today!!

Would love it if even 50% of above observations match with GTO's!!!

Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-5.tbhp.jpg
This car remains on the top of my list.Period.
Charioteer is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 18:18   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Just back after test driving the new Linea 2012. Got to know that T-Jet+ would be available. For Linea Petrol, it would be Active, Dynamic and T-Jet+.
rameshnanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 22:30   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charioteer View Post
(c) Increased sound? NOTHING that I could comprehend, howmuchsoever I tried to focus.

(f) The sales guy was one really brilliant guy called Srinivas, SRMT,Vizag. Every info was at his fingertips. Only issue he could not clarify was my query on the folding rear seat (till now included only in Tjet+)
c) Are you referring to engine noise? I thought it was supposed to reduce.

f) Correct me if i'm wrong, but those aren't folding seats. Folding seats are those where the back portion of the seats fold down to extend the boot area. This is just to probably access the fuel tank/fuel pump.

Last edited by Crazy_Eddy : 7th January 2012 at 22:34.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks