Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2012, 20:03   #571
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Anyway! One query to members who've seen the new 2012 GP. Has the rear seat space legroom increased than that of 2011 model?
Slightly OT. The term GP is actually wrong. AFAIK, the car is just Punto. They have removed Grande from the name quite sometime back
Old 12th January 2012, 21:00   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
New Fiat 2012 ad is brilliant.
I guess you're talking about this.

Yes, very nice advt.

The Punto does look like floating in water with that massive ground clearance. 195mm is overkill. Spoils the charm of the design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Slightly OT. The term GP is actually wrong. AFAIK, the car is just Punto. They have removed Grande from the name quite sometime back
vb-san, are you sure about this? Fiat still refer it as Grande Punto in the official site. But it is not consistent and not at all places.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 21:19   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
vb-san, this is not true. Even though Fiat doesn't use the 'Grande' badge on the cars, they mention it as 'Grande Punto' in brochures, Owners handbook and also on the RC book that we get.

If you visit Fiat India website, its been mentioned as Grande Punto at multiple places .
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-gp.jpg  

rameshnanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 21:48   #574
Senior - BHPian

My brother called up Wasan Fiat today, the OTR price for Grande Punto in Bombay is a whopping 7.81L. Thats a lot of money, I was under the impression that Punto would be cheaper than Swift ZDI but its clearly not.

Got to know another tidbit, the prices for a Punto 90HP prices have been revealed but will be available in March/April. The price is around 8.25L.

Guess I'll wait for a couple of months for the discounts to roll in and then book the car.

Edit: The prices for Punto Emotion Pack in December was 7.49L and 90HP was 7.87L (around 50K) but it had loads of discounts.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 12th January 2012 at 21:51.
Old 12th January 2012, 21:58   #575
Senior - BHPian

I have been trying to find out about T-jet, since I plan to buy one pretty soon, for long distance driving (and continue using my aging Palio Stile SDX for short drives - because I stay outside the city, my short drives are minimum 15 km one-way). While checking the Fiat India website, I did not find any info on T-jet, but I found this. Can you locate the blunder?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-untitled.jpg  

Old 12th January 2012, 22:05   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I have been trying to find out about T-jet, since I plan to buy one pretty soon, for long distance driving (and continue using my aging Palio Stile SDX for short drives - because I stay outside the city, my short drives are minimum 15 km one-way). While checking the Fiat India website, I did not find any info on T-jet, but I found this. Can you locate the blunder?
Yes, its the Rain Sensing Wipers is wrongly labeled for Back seat feature

Last edited by LongDrive : 12th January 2012 at 22:06.
Old 12th January 2012, 22:07   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Rain sensing wipers . Fiat needs a set of good testers badly.
Old 12th January 2012, 22:52   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The Punto does look like floating in water with that massive ground clearance. 195mm is overkill. Spoils the charm of the design.
Just found this on the Fiat India website. Looks like 195mm ground clearance is only for Active variant [as indicated on this image clipped from 'design' page of the site].

Name:  GPunto_GC_195.png
Views: 2659
Size:  15.4 KB
Old 12th January 2012, 23:05   #579
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure discounts on Punto will follow soon. I guess Fiat has realised that their cars need "discounts". People expect 30-40K discounts on Fiats because they don't sell well. Now Fiat has gone ahead and raised the prices by 30-40K. They will hold on for a couple of months till people "forget" the old prices - and then offer the same discounts. I think Fiat might only sell about a thousand cars a month even with the refreshed products - but they will effectively be earning 30-40K extra on each car sold, while customers will be happy having once again got deep discounts.
Old 12th January 2012, 23:54   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Safer? Really? Hmmm.. Make what you want of the data in the image.
k_ajay, why are you comparing a 2005 Punto with 2010 Swift. If you compare 2005 Punto with 2005 Swift, Punto got 5 stars vs Swifts 4. So i assume Punto is better at least on 2005 models.
teamveevee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 13:39   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
www.carwale.com/research/comparecars/carcomparison.aspx?car1=2349&car2=1902&car3=2149

Here is a comparison chart between average ex showroom prices of Linea,Vento and Verna top end models. I guess Linea has undergone some serious price cuts (discount offered) leading to the price difference.
Source : carwale.com
This is when a Fiat loyal customer start hating Fiat. I paid nearly a lakh and a half extra for T-jet. Back then there were speculation about price hike, and somehow my economics went wrong.

Now same thing is available with more feature. Wait and watch is the mantra before purchasing a Fiat.

Since there are critic about the higher pricing of Punto, I think it is high time they should revise their price, this may save some prepared scapegoats getting sacrificed like me.

Quote:
Members of 'Fiat haters club'.
Lol. That was absolutely unnecessary and childish buddy.

*On topic
New Fiat 2012 ad is brilliant.
This was make the mood lighter LOL! .. And I wish my Linea was blue.
Old 13th January 2012, 15:32   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
This is when a Fiat loyal customer start hating Fiat. I paid nearly a lakh and a half extra for T-jet. Back then there were speculation about price hike, and somehow my economics went wrong.

Now same thing is available with more feature. Wait and watch is the mantra before purchasing a Fiat.

Since there are critic about the higher pricing of Punto, I think it is high time they should revise their price, this may save some prepared scapegoats getting sacrificed like me.

This was make the mood lighter LOL! .. And I wish my Linea was blue.
I'm car-less now and need a car badly. I know discounts might start in from as early as February end, but I can not wait till then and I couldn't convince myself for any other car.

Will be booking my car in a couple of days knowing fully that the prices will go down by a considerable margin.

Meanwhile, guys let me know in case you come across dealers still having stock of 2011 cars in TN or Kerala.
Old 13th January 2012, 16:20   #583
BHPian

Yahoo! Groups

follow it. I'd have grabbed the opportunity, but no money
mahadev_kc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 17:16   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
k_ajay, why are you comparing a 2005 Punto with 2010 Swift. If you compare 2005 Punto with 2005 Swift, Punto got 5 stars vs Swifts 4. So i assume Punto is better at least on 2005 models.
Yeah, as of 2005, GPunto had better overall crash safety rating than Swift. Now, that equation has changed and swift [2010] also has the highest [5] rating that GPunto has. Their rating process of Euro NCAP has also been upgraded/evolved.

End of the day, be it swift or punto, we all need safer cars to be in, considering how much of our time we spend inside one.

Last edited by k_ajay : 13th January 2012 at 17:17.
Old 13th January 2012, 22:32   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, as of 2005, GPunto had better overall crash safety rating than Swift. Now, that equation has changed and swift [2010] also has the highest [5] rating that GPunto has. Their rating process of Euro NCAP has also been upgraded/evolved.
Take a look in US Insurance Institue tests... IIHS vehicle ratings Suzuki vehicles are rated low when compared to other vehicles, especially the roof strength. Not a single Suzuki vehicle appears in the top pics. Sorry, off topic.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed