Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 21:25   #751
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmahendra View Post
Visited the dealer today with another friend. Since we both are buying a car each, the dealer may offer >50% discount on LCD DVD player on Punto Dynamic. (Both of us are not happy about the quality of music player and moreover lack of USB player). Can someone suggest which brand and model will fit well?
Today visited the concorde motors for booking a Punto Dynamic diesel variant with Medium grey. They offered insurance waive off with price of 4000Rs value pack + corporate discount of 5000 + car cover + Mud flaps , Door mats +Sunfilm from Gareware (I have not heard of this brand ) + fiat punto door sills.

Delivery will be Feb end if the color is Medium grey , If its white only 2 weeks .

Could you please PM me or email me whats the best price and offer quoted for you .

Mods: How to email the new-bie could you please guide me. Since I am also a new-bie and didn't get any info how to contact T-Bhpian individually
Old 31st January 2012, 21:50   #752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Today visited the concorde motors for booking a Punto Dynamic diesel variant with Medium grey. They offered insurance waive off with price of 4000Rs value pack + corporate discount of 5000 + car cover + Mud flaps , Door mats +Sunfilm from Gareware (I have not heard of this brand ) + fiat punto door sills.

Delivery will be Feb end if the color is Medium grey , If its white only 2 weeks .

Could you please PM me or email me whats the best price and offer quoted for you .

Mods: How to email the new-bie could you please guide me. Since I am also a new-bie and didn't get any info how to contact T-Bhpian individually
Insurance + RSA for 4k is standard offer from Fiat this month. Chances are that in Feb they will remove 4K as well.
Please make sure that they give you Fiat OEM mud flaps, door mats etc. Concorde guys usually give substandard standard accessories. Garware is a standard sunfilm most dealers offer (not only TATA). Door sills cost 390/- only. Prerana Motors in Bangalore said 2 weeks for any colour and KHT guys would take maximum of 3 weeks.

PS: I think PM option is not available to newbies and sharing email is also against policy.
Moderators: Pls correct me if I am wrong.
Old 31st January 2012, 21:54   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Sunfilm from Gareware (I have not heard of this brand ) + fiat punto door sills.

Regrading "Garware", it's a budget sunfilm. If you could get them to agree on 3M film, better! Garware is kind of OK and I don't expect them to give a good varaint since it's free.

I don't think a "Newbie" has the benefit of sending or receiving PMs / emails. So be more active on the forum and complete the minimum posts to be a BHPian & you can send PMs. [The same rule applies for the receiver as well, unless they are BHPians, they can't receive PMs.

How to send: Click on the member's handle / name on the left side and you will get all the options available. Click on your choice of action.
Old 31st January 2012, 22:13   #754
BHPian

Alright, I read the preceding few pages , then ran out of patience - please forgive me if someone already mentioned it, but I have a few queries regarding the Punto.

1. Is there a significant driveability/top end performance advantage in the 90bhp over the standard 75bhp diesel Punto ?
2. The 2012 Punto/Linea have higher ground clearance, those who have driven both old and new (2012), is there any noticeable change in handling/stability - I imagine higher GC will get a high CofG , which could negatively affect handling.
3. Is there a significant price change in equal kit form (I read the Active variant now has the Dynamic level kit etc )
4. How does one decipher the VIN/chassis/engine number ?
5. Is the T-Jet performance close to Honda City levels ?

Background : I may be buying a car this year, and the Punto/Linea feature high on this list. I will start a different thread sometime with all the candidates etc, but long story short, I have not ruled out used Punto/Linea so knowing how to read the VIN could be handy. Diesel is most preferred, thanks to the government for the fuel price disparity.
Old 31st January 2012, 22:40   #755
BHPian

Comments inline. Have provided my comments for all but one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Alright, I read the preceding few pages , then ran out of patience - please forgive me if someone already mentioned it, but I have a few queries regarding the Punto.

1. Is there a significant driveability/top end performance advantage in the 90bhp over the standard 75bhp diesel Punto ?

Yes, there will be better top end performance in 90HP.

2. The 2012 Punto/Linea have higher ground clearance, those who have driven both old and new (2012), is there any noticeable change in handling/stability - I imagine higher GC will get a high CofG , which could negatively affect handling.

Yes. Significant changes in GC. Now the car does not scrap what ever speed breaker it is, even with 5 people. Just glides over potholes. Handling remains the same as before. Not impacted by the GC increase.

3. Is there a significant price change in equal kit form (I read the Active variant now has the Dynamic level kit etc )

Active price = earlier dynamic price + little increase
Active features = earlier dynamic features + some addition

Leave for the rest to comment.

5. Is the T-Jet performance close to Honda City levels ?

Yes. it is. I would say driveability and handling are a notch better while City has better 0-100 timings (faster by 0.8 seconds). T-Jet has better torque and ingear acceleration. Top speed is 191km/hr per Autocar, slightly better than the City (190km/hr). Zigwheels tested top speed reads 195.xx though. TJet = Loads of fun to drive!

Background : I may be buying a car this year, and the Punto/Linea feature high on this list.

All the best for your buy. Keep us posted on your final choice.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st February 2012 at 22:09. Reason: Highlighthing your reply in quoted text for better readability, thanks
Sathya_sc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 22:51   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Regrading "Garware", it's a budget sunfilm. If you could get them to agree on 3M film, better! Garware is kind of OK and I don't expect them to give a good varaint since it's free.

I don't think a "Newbie" has the benefit of sending or receiving PMs / emails. So be more active on the forum and complete the minimum posts to be a BHPian & you can send PMs. [The same rule applies for the receiver as well, unless they are BHPians, they can't receive PMs.

How to send: Click on the member's handle / name on the left side and you will get all the options available. Click on your choice of action.
Thanks for information on the sunfilm. I bargained hard to get a 3M film they didn't agree for the same. I was very much keen on the cash discount instead of accessories like sunfilm , car cover door sill and USB port . Big no from them .

Kindly let me know how to contact a individual New-bie , I tried suggested methods but it didn't help to contact Individualy a New-bie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmahendra View Post
Insurance + RSA for 4k is standard offer from Fiat this month. Chances are that in Feb they will remove 4K as well.
Please make sure that they give you Fiat OEM mud flaps, door mats etc. Concorde guys usually give substandard standard accessories. Garware is a standard sunfilm most dealers offer (not only TATA). Door sills cost 390/- only. Prerana Motors in Bangalore said 2 weeks for any colour and KHT guys would take maximum of 3 weeks.

PS: I think PM option is not available to newbies and sharing email is also against policy.
Moderators: Pls correct me if I am wrong.
getmahendra ,
If you are planning to buy this month only we can book together for more benefits , Do let me know your thoughts on the same.

Moderators : Please guide me to contact newbie and can we share the email-id or contact number ?
Old 1st February 2012, 00:02   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Visit this thread:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html
StarrySky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 11:49   #758
Senior - BHPian

From what I am hearing, the 2012 90 HP MAY get 16" alloys and T jet 17 inchers. Launch could be in april end.

If I were to buy the car, its better to haggle for more cash discount rather than the cosmetic accessories. Sunfilms can also be done from good reputed accessory shops as large number of choices are available at competitive rates.
sidindica is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 12:36   #759
Senior - BHPian

Finally an official update from Fiat India!

Quote:
Hello everyone, we have the prices for the Ground Clearance Kit upgrade as below:

Linea Ground Clearance Kit – INR 10899.60
Punto Petrol Ground Clearance Kit – INR 11900.30
Punto Diesel Ground Clearance Kit – INR 10899.60

The above is the cost of the parts kit reqd to do the modification for ground clearance. Labour charges will be in addition to the parts cost. Any other misc cost, may also be applicable in addition to the above costs if reqd.

Note: Above mentioned cost may vary or change without any prior intimation. The ground clearance upgrade kit will have to be ordered specially by the service centers
Source : Fiat India Facebook Page.
Klub Class is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 20:55   #760

Quote:
If you are planning to buy this month only we can book together for more benefits , Do let me know your thoughts on the same.

Moderators : Please guide me to contact newbie and can we share the email-id or contact number ?
I am not sure if sharing Email/Cell details on the forum is allowed or not. As long as either of us is a newbie on the forum, we cannot use PM to contact each other.
Old 1st February 2012, 21:04   #761

I am so upset with the absence of USB and Aux on the Music System in Punto Dynamic that I have almost decided to replace the unit with an LCD unit. I am not familiar with 1, 1.5 or 2 DIN systems.

All I want to know is
1) Which of these will fit perfectly in the slot without doing any modification to the console?
2) Do I have a choice of brands?
3) I do not want the one which pops out because I was told that it covers the AC vent whenever it is functional.

Sorry guys I have no idea about these music systems and my questions may sound stupid.
Old 1st February 2012, 21:45   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Finally an official update from Fiat India!

Source : Fiat India Facebook Page.
Any Idea if this upgrade covers the extra wide turning radius issue on Punto's and Linea's?
Old 1st February 2012, 23:20   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
From what I am hearing, the 2012 90 HP MAY get 16" alloys and T jet 17 inchers. Launch could be in april end.
I was hoping it would be launched soon! wont 17 inchers on the t-jet ruin the ride??
Hope fiat add some new feature to the t jet!
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:27   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly View Post
Any Idea if this upgrade covers the extra wide turning radius issue on Punto's and Linea's?
unfortunately no.guys think its wise not to go in for upgrades in first few months as the service guys would be acquainting themselves with the new parts.Also what happens to the suspension warranty after that?
Old 2nd February 2012, 05:45   #765
BHPian

I consider it technically impossible that the ride and handling will not be affected by using the GC kit.

Its a simple logic. If you are not redistributing part of the car's weight - shifting from higher side to the lower side, then, just propping up the car will result in the raising of the Centre of Gravity. And IMO 12k won't include any major changes in the weight distribution.

May be an insider's input is required as to what exactly the "kit" consists of..
Charioteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks