Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2011, 16:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny "Diesel" - Rumoured to be priced at 6.6 Lacs (Ex-Showroom, Delhi)

Thanks Starscream for sharing this information. Could you please also let us know the source of this info?

In the ever sinking Indian Auto market, Nissan seems to be too optimistic on the pricing front of the diesel Sunny. What additional features does the XV have over the XL to command a premium of 80K? (7.5 lacs for the XL & 8.0 lacs for the XV would have been very atttractive)

Last edited by AutoIndian : 12th December 2011 at 16:39.
Old 12th December 2011, 16:45   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny "Diesel" - Rumoured to be priced at 6.6 Lacs (Ex-Showroom, Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheelin_KD View Post
Hey StarScream, thanks for the update. Is Nissan trying to keep taxi operators at bay by not bringing in the base diesel variant? That at Rs. 6.9 lacs would have been good value for this spacious car considering the difference of Rs. 1.10 lacs between the petrol and diesel, trim to trim.
you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
1.2L price difference for the diesel variants compared to Petrol version?
NISSAN made the petrol prices attractive right from the launch.

IMHO they are charging a premium of 50K minimum for the diesel variant.

Is there any additional features the are being offered other than the diesel heart?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Thats a lot of premium over its petrol sibling. I am unable to make any sense of the pricing. This car doesn't compete with either segments I feel. The dzire/Mana will have a price advantage and the C segment cars carry a lot more flair than the Sunny. IMHO its overpriced by around 50k.

Any idea about the exact specs of the 2 variants?
From the spec list - it doesn't seem like there is a difference. The XL and XV have exactly the same trim as the petrol version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks Starscream for sharing this information. Could you please also let us know the source of this info?
The official release from Nissan.

BTW, and pls correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all other c+ segment cars more expensive than this for the diesel versions - Vento, Verna, Fiesta etc.? I wont compare the Sunny to the DZire because the Sunny is so much larger. I guess Nissan saw an opportunity for some pricing power and exploited it. Also this pricing keeps the petrol version a valid and cheaper choice.
Old 12th December 2011, 16:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

If it is from the official release from Nissan then it must be true. Mods please change the thread title from "Nissan Sunny "Diesel" - Rumoured to be priced at 6.6 Lacs (Ex-Showroom, Delhi)" to "Nissan Sunny "Diesel" starts @ 7.98 lacs (Ex-Showroom, Delhi)"

The current title is now no more relevant.
Old 12th December 2011, 16:53   #49
BHPian

Note from Mod : Please continue the discussion in the Sunny Diesel Launch thread

Nissan Sunny "Diesel" - Rumoured to be priced at 6.6 Lacs (Ex-Showroom, Delhi)-sunnydieselbrochure.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 12th December 2011 at 17:28. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks