Team-BHP - Is VW's new ad taking us for a ride?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Is VW's new ad taking us for a ride? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/112202-vws-new-ad-taking-us-ride.html)

Folks,
Referring to the 'full page' advertisement in today’s Times of India (Bangalore edition), I actually called up all the dealers only to find that the offers are valid on petrol models only and they don’t have any petrol cars in stock (only Highline petrol is available).
The 40000 offer (Breeze / Bouquet) is also not valid on Diesel variant for which they have huge stock in all variants. I am looking towards Polo TL Petrol here.

They refrain taking bookings for petrol vehicles saying, it will be delivered only after January and that the offers will not be applicable then. A price hike of 80,000 is what the SE claimed if taken delivery in January.

My question: What is this gimmick all about? Something that should be reported to VW? :deadhorse

Feel free to report it to VW, whatever that means. This is plain and simple something their marketing folks cooked up to clear the stockpile of petrol vehicles, mainly trendlines, that they had predicted would sell in prolific numbers.

The TDIs are selling like hot cakes despite a price *hike* - it's only recently that the waiting periods have reduced otherwise most people had to wait at least 3 months for their Ventos.

There is a thread on limited/special edition cars in India where this has been discussed in detail- please head over there.

Agreed. It's a gimmick. They're just clearing out 2011 model PETROLs. Because, then there would be two reasons for any potential customers to turn down the offer. The Breeze edition which they supposedly say is worth 40000 only sports a built-in CASKA OEM HU which is almost the actual value of the unit when we customers get it via retail. I'm sure VW probably gets the same unit for a equivalent of 15k if not less. As far as I see it, it's just a trap to get the PETROL models out the door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mempheS.D (Post 2603840)
Agreed. It's a gimmick. They're just clearing out 2011 model PETROLs. Because, then there would be two reasons for any potential customers to turn down the offer. The Breeze edition which they supposedly say is worth 40000 only sports a built-in CASKA OEM HU which is almost the actual value of the unit when we customers get it via retail. I'm sure VW probably gets the same unit for a equivalent of 15k if not less. As far as I see it, it's just a trap to get the PETROL models out the door.

True, however I am interested in Petrol model only and they claim "no stock", for TL or CL!! Only HL is avilable in Petrol. :eek:

Diesel is available off the shelf. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 2603839)
There is a thread on limited/special edition cars in India where this has been discussed in detail- please head over there.

Many Thanks for pointing this out.

Hi Sary,

I'm also in the market for a hatch, and in Gurgaon and Delhi, at least all versions of the Polo Petrol are available off the shelf - there's some minimal waiting period for the diesels. When I went to get the TD of the Polo, they kept highlighting the Breeze scheme, but not even once mentioned the 6.99% interest scheme. While checking out the VW website, I chanced upon the scheme and made them send over the details. They also have a free insurance and 3 year AMC scheme. Shocking that what was a weekend offer in September is now still continuing as a year-end offer! While I'm tempted to utilize the 6.99 scheme, I'm wondering if I should wait a month to see if a facelifted version comes out (VW folks are vehemently denying it so far).

PS: The Breeze and the 6.99 schemes are available on all petrol models (but have to be taken independently)

Oh You are referring the Caculo VW? Thats bound to happen. Better confirm with VW once.

I believe the OP is talking about the Polo and not the Vento. So the TL and CL Petrol Polo not being available might be a reality (highly unlikely though). Most likely they are just trying to push you for HL.

I was looking for a Polo and had visited EVM VW, Kochi this weekend. They said they can arrange both petrol and diesel models within 2 to 3 weeks of booking. I made it clear that I will be taking delivery only in Jan. Specifically asked if the prices would be same then. The SA said that it is most likely to remain same. The dealership you visited is bluffing. Report it to VW, nothing might change though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselAddikt (Post 2603976)
I was looking for a Polo and had visited EVM VW, Kochi this weekend. They said they can arrange both petrol and diesel models within 2 to 3 weeks of booking. I made it clear that I will be taking delivery only in Jan. Specifically asked if the prices would be same then. The SA said that it is most likely to remain same. The dealership you visited is bluffing. Report it to VW, nothing might change though.

I actually tried all 4 dealers including the new one at whitefield. None has any POLO TL 1.2 Petrol. Have written to VW on their web, lets wait until tomorow for reponse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 2603914)
Oh You are referring the Caculo VW? Thats bound to happen. Better confirm with VW once.

:D I am basically from Goa but residing in Bangalore. So bound to buy here :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Now9084 (Post 2603894)
Hi Sary,

I'm also in the market for a hatch, and in Gurgaon and Delhi, at least all versions of the Polo Petrol are available off the shelf - there's some minimal waiting period for the diesels. When I went to get the TD of the Polo, they kept highlighting the Breeze scheme, but not even once mentioned the 6.99% interest scheme. While checking out the VW website, I chanced upon the scheme and made them send over the details. They also have a free insurance and 3 year AMC scheme. Shocking that what was a weekend offer in September is now still continuing as a year-end offer! While I'm tempted to utilize the 6.99 scheme, I'm wondering if I should wait a month to see if a facelifted version comes out (VW folks are vehemently denying it so far).

PS: The Breeze and the 6.99 schemes are available on all petrol models (but have to be taken independently)

Lucky you, Polo TL Petrol is worth a buy. Just about 5L on road if you go with Bouquet offer i.e. opt free insurence + 6.99% + Accessories of remaining amount of 40000/-

Report to VW, I'd be surprised if you get an response, customer care is non-existant with VW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sary (Post 2603833)
Something that should be reported to VW?

I wasn't aware so far that this breeze edition sports a caska HU, how cheap is that? Ridiculous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mempheS.D (Post 2603840)
The Breeze edition which they supposedly say is worth 40000 only sports a built-in CASKA OEM HU which is almost the actual value of the unit when we customers get it via retail.

@sary - the breeze option is available on the vento trendline Tdi (and polo I believe) here in pune. Also same was the case for vento petrol and I believe it should be same for polo.

I think you are being given a lot of wrong info by the dealers. Call up other city VW dealers to verify, post on the VW FB page - that should help.