Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2011, 17:26   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nissan Sunny DIESEL launched @ 7.98 Lakhs

Our review has been uploaded here :
Nissan Sunny Diesel Review

High Points

- The Sunny Diesel is priced at Rs 7,98,000 (XL) and Rs 8,78,000 (XV), ex-showroom, New Delhi. That's a premium of 1.1 lakhs over the petrol Sunny.

- The Sunny Diesel has an ARAI rating of 21.64 kpl (ARAI certified) .

- The diesel variant is powered by a differently tuned Logan 1.5-liter diesel engine rated at 85 BHP (@ 3750 rpm) and maximum torque of 200 Nm (@ 2000 rpm).

Related Threads

- Nissan Sunny Petrol - Review

- Old Sunny Diesel Thread

Nissan Sunny DIESEL launched @ 7.98 Lakhs-nissansunnydiesel_techspecs.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th January 2012 at 19:21. Reason: Adding review link
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 17:30   #2
BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny DIESEL launched @ 7.98 Lakhs

I say its a bit overpriced by 50 K.

The same engine is used in Verito, Micra etc.. they must have broke even by now then why such a high premium compared to petrol?

Last edited by Chalu : 12th December 2011 at 17:31.
Old 12th December 2011, 17:30   #3
BHPian

Not a VFM at this price as you already have more robust product in this range,

Thought that Price would be close to 7 lacs ex-showroom Delhi.

But looks like Nissan thinks of having more profit with Diesel version.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Old 12th December 2011, 17:33   #4
SDP
Team-BHP Support

May be I am biased by the 6.6L rumours, but the price sounds like on the higher side.
Are they confused about whether Sunny is a entry level sedan or a proper C-segment sedan?

Also, 85BHP is going to disappoint a lot of people.

PS: waiting for the TBHP review!

Last edited by SDP : 12th December 2011 at 17:38.
Old 12th December 2011, 17:33   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Both Vento and Verna roughly cost around 9.8L Ex-showroom delhi. This is just an approximate price, so please excuse me if its slightly more or less then the actual. The models here are the ones I assume to be in demand the most namely the Vento TDI HL and the Verna diesel SX. They are fairly well kitted and surely have a lot better presence and feel. The price difference between them and the Sunny is barely a Lac. With the ever increasing aspirational values I am not too sure how many people will be able to resist to slightly up there budget.

Also let me point out that pricing may not be all that bad. But the whole news of 6.6 L pricing had certainly created a lot of buzz. And now suddenly the car looks over-priced slightly.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 17:33   #6
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Price though decent is not such that it can assure success. Infact it is a bit on the higher side. Nissan needed to do something to get a run away hit product. This could have been it and it still might do well, but the top end version at close to 10L is quite an iffy proposition and diesel does appeal to those looking for better value in general and this defeats the purpose.

Thanks for the news break GTO.
Old 12th December 2011, 17:35   #7
BHPian

Are they kidding !
Grossly overpriced for a Nissan Sunny Diesel.
Nissan missed the golden chance by pricing the Sunny so high. This car could have been a game changer for sure.

It immediate competitors like Manza and Etios are priced more reasonably.
With Rapid,Verna and Vento dominating the 8-10 lakh bracket, I seriously doubt about Sunny's positioning
Old 12th December 2011, 17:42   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
It immediate competitors like Manza and Etios are priced more reasonably.
With Rapid,Verna and Vento dominating the 8-10 lakh bracket, I seriously doubt about Sunny's positioning
Clubbed with the fact that it is placed last when it comes to dealership access, reliability and long term ownership costs, in that list. Nissan should know that for a relatively new brand they do need to add something extra to woo the customer. Once established one can always adjust the pricing of the product as they deem it right.

But on the other hand I would not be surprised if it finds a lot of takers. Specially the ones who want the diesel economy and travel in the back seat most of the time. The combo package of all that space and a diesel heart with a good FE may do the trick.
Old 12th December 2011, 17:50   #9
BHPian

Pricing sounds ridiculous! One would have thought they might price it competitively to garner volumes. This is sheer greed.

Are we going to see another avatar of the New Ford Fiesta?
Old 12th December 2011, 18:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

I feel it is 50K too high. Even though the engine is tuned to a higher rating than the Verito or Micra. But there will be takers as it offers great space and sips Diesel.

Good to see that Nissan has not skimped on the safety kit.

The taxi market will stay away and find the Verito a better option. Maybe Nissan wanted that.
Old 12th December 2011, 18:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Bad pricing, I will say. They should have priced it 1L lower than the current price. Sooner or later, there will be a cash back or a discount offer of 70K - 1L ! And again bad choice of a diesel engine. With that power output, they are going to compete only with the Altis Diesel. I wish they had put in a refined diesel mill with the power output > 100Bhp.

Ohhh man, talk about having a great opportunity and then messing up with it royally!

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 12th December 2011 at 18:11.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 18:38   #12
BHPian

"Ohhh man, talk about having a great opportunity and then messing up with it royally! " -- you could not have said it better than this W.A.G.7

People (like me) were actually looking at this car eagerly. I can already foresee discounts and freebies coming before it hits showrooms. Well done Nissan
Old 12th December 2011, 19:07   #13
BHPian

If the XL version was priced a little less than SMT version of ANHC, I would have seriously looked at this. It looks like the XL version will cost about 10L in Bangalore, when I checked last ANHC SMT was 9.2. So, in my opinion it is overpriced by about 1 lakh!
Old 12th December 2011, 19:13   #14
BHPian

What's with Renault & Nissan?? Renault prices a reskinned Micra at 50k premium & Nissan Prices the Sunny D 1L premium. The first thing that they should is fire their Pricing Strategist. Thank God I did not wait for the Sunny D & went ahead with my Etios D booking. Makes me wonder if Nissan is aiming at the C segment or C+ segment.
Just checked carwale for OTR prices in Mumbai :-
XL Diesel - 9,30,486.00
XV Deisel - 10,22,864.00

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 12th December 2011 at 19:19.
Old 12th December 2011, 19:19   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess they looked at a bit too premium rates after seeing the success of petrol Sunny. Did they forget that petrol has a good pricing? Would have been good if they had launched it with around 80K premium over petrol variant, and then increased the price by another 20-40K once the product proved successful. Isn't it better than launching with a higher price, then flop the product and bring in discounts which only spoils the brand / product name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
If the XL version was priced a little less than SMT version of ANHC, I would have seriously looked at this. It looks like the XL version will cost about 10L in Bangalore, when I checked last ANHC SMT was 9.2. So, in my opinion it is overpriced by about 1 lakh!
So you are comparing the diesel Sunny to the petrol City and claiming the price is more by a lakh ??
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks