Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 14:21   #46
BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny DIESEL launched @ 7.98 Lakhs

Looking at the reaction to the price I think I am missing something
I do not believe the price is all that bad. While I appreciate they have limited services centres, brand visibility etc, their quality of cars is pretty good. Added to that it is feature rich, exteremely spacious and they have no skimped on the ABS, EBD across the variants. I hope it does well.
Old 13th December 2011, 14:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

The Sunny in Diesel is exclusive to India only. Does it mean they are exploiting our preference for diesels. Is the chassis and suspension strong enough to take the diesel motor with our roads and driving loads?
Old 13th December 2011, 15:06   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
The Sunny in Diesel is exclusive to India only. Does it mean they are exploiting our preference for diesels. Is the chassis and suspension strong enough to take the diesel motor with our roads and driving loads?
Scooby, That would be the last of our worries. Although Nissan does not enjoy the brand value that Honda & Toyota do, I personally do not think that Nissan will risk launching a car that does not have a Strong chassis or suspension

Regards,
Varun
Old 13th December 2011, 15:17   #49
BHPian

Finally, the diesel gets launched, an event that was so eagerly awaited.
Popular belief was that the diesel will be priced 75-80K more than the petrol, the actual cost does seem a little high. At least this trend was not seen in the Micra.
I hope they have improved the highway manners of the car (review of the petrol deemed it as a good city car). If they have, then the price might feel acceptable at the end of a test drive.
Glad to see that the diesel did not drop features available in the same level petrol.
I guess on-road price in Bangalore for top end will be around 10.6L (only approximation).
Please do not take any point personally, it's only my view

Can't wait for the official review...

Last edited by sumeshmani : 13th December 2011 at 15:30.
Old 13th December 2011, 15:57   #50
BHPian

pricing seems a bit off! yes we have 10 lac rupees diesel sedans in the C segment. but looking at the nissan sunny, the overall package should undercut the C segment! at least by a few thousands to justify itself.

i don't think the pricing is because of the cost. i think they wan't to milk it as much as its possible, hit the hammer when the metal is red hot, and then boom drop the price of give humongous discounts.

Last edited by Caramelo : 13th December 2011 at 15:59.
Old 13th December 2011, 16:22   #51
BHPian

Ranault-Nissan had poorly priced/positioned Logan (sedan launched in joint venture with Mahindra).

Now they have entered fresh into the market with new models (Micra, Sunny, Koleos). The big question is, are they offering VFM products now or they continue to generate the feeling of selling over-priced cars?

1. Comparing Sunny against a Verito (earlier Logan) or a ETIOS, both these models are in same segement? or Sunny belongs to higher to segment? and either ways, why?

2. If Tata, Maruti and Fiat can sell same engines in different state of tunes in a Hatchback (Vista/Swift/Punto) and Sedan (Manza/SX4/Linea), what's wrong with Renault-Nissan doing the same as long as they package/price it competitively for the segement where Sunny belongs?

3. Diesel Launch is a big milestone which many customers prefer these days. They need to market their product (and especially Diesel Launch in particular) well to create awareness.

4. Of course they need to build wider sales and service in long-term to be successful.
Old 13th December 2011, 17:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

A rational launch by Nissan but un/fortunately its the Skoda Rapid which takes the cake for now and is surely poised to become the market leader in this segment/era of diesel cars...
Old 13th December 2011, 17:24   #53
BHPian

I think that it's priced almost high by 70k.
85 hp is a disappointment. Even the Manza Diesel pumps out 90hp from the 1.3 MJD
Nissan really could have done a better job.
I think now the 1.5 K9K engine will soon join the league of 1.3 MJD as it is now doing duty in Micra, Verito, Fluence and Sunny.
Looks are questionable and may not be liked by everyone.
Regards,
Old 13th December 2011, 17:51   #54
BHPian

Given that the petrol variant's prices are supposed to go up by 2% in Jan, thats around 14-15k for XL/XV variants. Since the diesel variant is getting launched in this month, I dont think its prices will go up. So that means your diesel variant will be around @ 95k premium over the petrol variant.

I think it would make sense to go with a XL variant as it has most of the features. Things that you will miss - push start engine button, Alloy and R15 tyres, fog lamps, electric folding outside mirror, B-piller blackout. Aftermarket alloys, good R15 tyres and fog lamps would cost around 30-40K. So a cool saving of 50-60k on road price.
Old 13th December 2011, 18:50   #55
Team-BHP Support

Price would have been okay if they had gotten the 110bhp state of tune diesel engine.
with the 85 bhp, peoples perception will be of the lower C segment.

That said, the engine should have good lugging power, and be a delight to drive in city. Inside space is their USP, and that should get them quite a few sales.

Now if only they got a bit more gung ho on new dealerships.

Their current dealerships paint a sorry picture, esp since after 4-5 phone calls they were unable to get a micra diesel for TD for us in LDH.

Kind of leaves a bad taste in the mouth,
Old 13th December 2011, 20:21   #56
BHPian

10 lakhs OTR in Mumbai is definitely overpriced for the Sunny. Heck right now the Aria Pure is available for 11 lakhs and change OTR.

Cheers
Old 13th December 2011, 20:52   #57
BHPian

Manza Aura ABS 7,13,819
Nissan Sunny 7,98,000
Maruti Suzuki SX4 8,09,079
Linea Emotion 1.3MJD 8,33,476
Vento Trendline 8,36,146
Skoda Rapid Ambition 8,38,456
Verna CRDi 1.6 8,89,000

A lot of better options with much powerful engines are available in a max range of 90k. I won't even consider the sunny even if on a budget,instead the lower kitted Verna 1.4 would make more sense to me.

At this price with Poor Sales & Service Network would only attract a few buyers.

Prices Ex-Showroom Delhi

Last edited by k2max6 : 13th December 2011 at 20:56.
Old 13th December 2011, 21:12   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Manza Aura ABS 7,13,819
Nissan Sunny 7,98,000
Maruti Suzuki SX4 8,09,079
Linea Emotion 1.3MJD 8,33,476
Vento Trendline 8,36,146
Skoda Rapid Ambition 8,38,456
Verna CRDi 1.6 8,89,000

A lot of better options with much powerful engines are available in a max range of 90k. I won't even consider the sunny even if on a budget,instead the lower kitted Verna 1.4 would make more sense to me.Prices Ex-Showroom Delhi
Somehow the comparo doesn't strike a chord to me. How did you select these variants? To me some of the prices are of the base variants & some are NOT base variants [Verna, Linea etc]? Or is it based on the features available ?

Edit:: I know SX4 VDi does NOT come with ABS, Airbags, Auto A/C etc, and the price you mentioned look like that of a VDi. Sunny diesel base variant scores better on features than a SX4 VDi at a lower price point.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th December 2011 at 21:16. Reason: Adding Edit portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 21:31   #59
BHPian

It seems lot of us were driven by the variation in Petrol and Diesel Micras and extrapolated that to Nissan variants. One BIG difference is that Diesel Micra loses the most important safety features viz. ABS, EBD and passenger air bag.

Considering this, the price difference is not at all huge, maybe by 20-30k max. With the quality and reliability Nissan is known for, I do think Nissan Diesel will sell around 2000 units a month.
Old 13th December 2011, 21:42   #60
BHPian

What is the ground clearence of the Sunny? And will it be able to take bad roads as easily as the Manza, Dezire and SX4 can take. Moreover the price of the diesel variant is not as mouth watering as the petrol variant is. So for many the base petrol variant makes more sense than the base diesel. Even the petrol base variant comes with all the safety features execept the passenger airbag. So for the chauffer driven person the passenger airbag hardly matters and is of no use. So the experts please do the math and clarify.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks