Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2012, 17:37   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Rumour : Maruti To Launch Wagon R Diesel in 2012

I hope they don something about that stupid gear shifts. After using the Swift, I feel so irritated every time I have to sift gears in Wagon R. It's such a unit which acts on its mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
i do not agree with you on K10 lacking low end torque to severly hamper the driveability. i had the problem when the engine was new and it used to have problems with being low in power, had to change to 1gear every time on speed breaker but 10k now the engine has improved a lot and it comfortable climbs speed breakers even in 2nd gear with AC.
You got used to the low end torque & not that the torque improved. My dad has a K-Series Wagon R & it still struggles with the low end torque after 12,000 kms. I always have a tough time to get it moving on a ramp inspite of slotting 1st gear and have to revv hard to get the vehicle moving. It stalls too often on such occasions.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th April 2012 at 17:38.
Old 5th April 2012, 20:07   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I hope they don something about that stupid gear shifts. After using the Swift, I feel so irritated every time I have to sift gears in Wagon R. It's such a unit which acts on its mind!

You got used to the low end torque & not that the torque improved. My dad has a K-Series Wagon R & it still struggles with the low end torque after 12,000 kms. I always have a tough time to get it moving on a ramp inspite of slotting 1st gear and have to revv hard to get the vehicle moving. It stalls too often on such occasions.
You are right. I too felt the same when I drove my relatives K series wagon r. Stalling issues and lack of torque.
Old 5th April 2012, 21:04   #33
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support: Thread locked till more concrete info is available.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks