Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2006, 08:12   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
well currently their sales in India are a third of what Maruti is selling and close to half of what tata is selling.
Huh? Compare segment by segment, hyundai santro has been the leader in its class on many occaisions. It has beaten indica and alto also in some months. For detailed sales figures over last three years please do a google search
Quote:
Its not about comlaining how bad the car is. Its complaining how bad the car really is. let me explain to you.
every car has cons, but it has pros too
Hyundai accent is inefficient. engine is low on refinement, low on performance even with 103bhp, low on FE, high on maintainence.
huh? funny
Quote:
but hyundai knew this and played the VFM trump card and better service. This has worked in its favour.
VFM is a bad thing.... hmm Maruti and tata are also bad cause their cars are VFM. Only mercs and skodas should be allowed?
Quote:
WagonR is a better product than santro. But hyundai got it in market before maruti did. They were able to capture a share of the market easily. By the time WagonR hit the market they were ready with a new look santro.
Says who? Most auto mags give santro a higher rating. Of course they have been by bribed by hyundai, right?
Quote:
But these small tactics dont help a company become market leaders.
Lets see hyundai's tactics
1. Excellent customer service
2. Cheap spares, even for high end cars
3. Constant upgrades to high volume models
4. Newest technology offered.

Recipie for disaster?
Old 17th March 2006, 08:14   #47
Team-BHP Support

dont worry, there are people on this forum who are even more biased than you, as if they own Maruti
Old 17th March 2006, 10:12   #48
Senior - BHPian

Guys I think I am misunderstood. Maybe I have not used the correct words. Hyundai is a consistently improving brand but it still has a long way to go. that's my only comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...par-honda.html

I rest my case! .. Wait for another couple of years.... and you wont be able to tell the difference! .. and wikkepedia wont be able to help!! BTW - I happen to know the shortcomings and limitations of these encyclopedias a little too well... have worked with/on them at close range!
My friend my case is not based on some encyclopedia. My case is resting on the hyundai websites statement itself.

And yes, I dont have a problem if hyundai beats maruti by 2010. We all are just making forecasts here. are we not?

Quote:
And while you are at it I for one would be most interested in reading your write-up of how the Wagon-R is a better car than Santro!

"educated-unbiased-unopinionated" ..........
you need to read my post again. I am comparing the old gen Santro with wagonR. Wagonr was certainly better compared to the old Santro. I have mentioned that within a few months time of launching wagonR santro was standing up with upgrades to take on wagonR. Please read properly.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 17th March 2006 at 10:15.
Old 17th March 2006, 10:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
dont worry, there are people on this forum who are even more biased than you, as if they own Maruti
Ok, heres my motto. Never be biased. I have been reknowned as the lancer boy , so I tend to stick to it. otherwise I believe every car manufacturer makes a good car. It depends on what the onwer's needs are.

Quote:
Huh? Compare segment by segment, hyundai santro has been the leader in its class on many occaisions. It has beaten indica and alto also in some months. For detailed sales figures over last three years please do a google search

huh? funny

VFM is a bad thing.... hmm Maruti and tata are also bad cause their cars are VFM. Only mercs and skodas should be allowed?

Says who? Most auto mags give santro a higher rating. Of course they have been by bribed by hyundai, right?

Lets see hyundai's tactics
1. Excellent customer service
2. Cheap spares, even for high end cars
3. Constant upgrades to high volume models
4. Newest technology offered.

Recipie for disaster?
1) yes it has beaten competition several times but not majority of times.
2)Did I say VFM is bad thing? No I just stated what helped Hyundai sell. Please dont misunderstand me.VFM is certainly a good thing.
3) Once again. Nothin about bribes. please read my post again. I am comparing WagonR with older santro. wagonR was certainly better than 1st gen santro. But when Wagonr was out Hyundai had a newer Santro to compete which was better. Please read my post again and you will understand.
4) the 4 tactics from hyundai are really good and that's what they need to do to sell well. I never said their tactics are recipe for disaster. what I mean is in the long term competition is bound to catch up.

its similar to the competition between amd and intel.

amd sells at a lower price and is currently gaining market share. but this gain will only grow until intels new architecture is out which has been previewed to beat amd's best cpu the fx-57.

hope things are clear. I dont intend to start an argument here. I was just putting my thoughts up in a brief post.
Old 17th March 2006, 11:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, heres my motto. Never be biased. I have been reknowned as the lancer boy , so I tend to stick to it. otherwise I believe every car manufacturer makes a good car. It depends on what the onwer's needs are.
being a lancer-boy or a baleno-fan or vtec-fanatic or fiesta-fida is not a bad thing - all of us over here love our cars
but making baseless statements about cars which one has neither owned nor ever considered while making a buying decision is not done .. and on top of that not having the humility to accept true feedback from people who have actually owned these cars for ages is unacceptable
Old 17th March 2006, 11:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
being a lancer-boy or a baleno-fan or vtec-fanatic or fiesta-fida is not a bad thing - all of us over here love our cars
but making baseless statements about cars which one has neither owned nor ever considered while making a buying decision is not done .. and on top of that not having the humility to accept true feedback from people who have actually owned these cars for ages is unacceptable

Ok please read post 37 and then read post 40. I think my statement has been taken in a wrong way.

I dont say hyundai accent is not a good car. I have tried to put more details in a brief post and maybe that's causing trouble.

And for the trouble I have already written the top two lines in post #48
Old 17th March 2006, 11:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

DEVARSHI

READING & COMPREHENSION...

Please look at how no one here has not taken kindly to your POV - it reeks of BIAS - however you try to water it down now.

Secondly post after post I kept talking only of the QUANTUM of improvement shown by Hyundai - and how they used to say the same things and have the same biases about the japanese cars 30 years back. Point got lost! (..need to do some of that re-reading and understanding??)

Third I dont think you can ever put Maruthi, Tata and Hyundai in the same bucket as far a quality is concerned. I do not think you will find a singe person - dare say in the world! - who will agree that Hyundai is worse than them!

Have you ever had a shunt with a wagon R and a santro - you will be surpirsed at the damage the Wagon R suffered!... the santo only had an indentation in teh bumper - Every maruthi owner here must have replaced his bumper more number of times than even his bulb!! - I have! I will have to admit I dont know if they have addressed this issue with their new offerings!

Tata & Quality... yes they are making attemepts - very serious ones - but they have a long way to go to reach the refinement levels of the other two!.

Please dont attribute unnecessary reasons to the relative success of anythingin India based on the sales figures - You will find that Lifebouy is still the largest selling soap !!

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th March 2006 at 13:01.
Old 17th March 2006, 20:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DEVARSHI

READING & COMPREHENSION...

Please look at how no one here has not taken kindly to your POV - it reeks of BIAS - however you try to water it down now.

Secondly post after post I kept talking only of the QUANTUM of improvement shown by Hyundai - and how they used to say the same things and have the same biases about the japanese cars 30 years back. Point got lost! (..need to do some of that re-reading and understanding??)

Third I dont think you can ever put Maruthi, Tata and Hyundai in the same bucket as far a quality is concerned. I do not think you will find a singe person - dare say in the world! - who will agree that Hyundai is worse than them!

Have you ever had a shunt with a wagon R and a santro - you will be surpirsed at the damage the Wagon R suffered!... the santo only had an indentation in teh bumper - Every maruthi owner here must have replaced his bumper more number of times than even his bulb!! - I have! I will have to admit I dont know if they have addressed this issue with their new offerings!

Tata & Quality... yes they are making attemepts - very serious ones - but they have a long way to go to reach the refinement levels of the other two!.

Please dont attribute unnecessary reasons to the relative success of anythingin India based on the sales figures - You will find that Lifebouy is still the largest selling soap !!
ok take a chill pill. I am just referring you to look at my post again.

I didnt make make it an issue when u said hyundai is the third largest manufacturer in the world.

Let peace rule.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 17th March 2006 at 20:49.
Old 17th March 2006, 21:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

So Be It !! Peace!!
Old 19th March 2006, 09:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
And while you are at it I for one would be most interested in reading your write-up of how the Wagon-R is a better car than Santro!
Well, i dont give a damn what the auto mags say (i have stopped reading one of the auto mags now.. i used to read 2 before). My only source of automobile information is Team-BHP.
That is why, i believe the power of 100 BHPian opinions on this subject:
WagonR v/s Santro Poll

Now please end this debate for god's sake. I am really fed up. Personally i think both are good, its just that i love Japanese engines for the amount of torture they can handle

And lets get back to Hyundai overtaking Maruti.. let us leave the Tall boys debate for now.

Last edited by DCEite : 19th March 2006 at 09:30.
Old 19th March 2006, 09:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
Well, i dont give a damn what the auto mags say (i have stopped reading one of the auto mags now.. i used to read 2 before). My only source of automobile information is Team-BHP.
That is why, i believe the power of 100 BHPian opinions on this subject:
WagonR v/s Santro Poll

Now please end this debate for god's sake. I am really fed up. Personally i think both are good, its just that i love Japanese engines for the amount of torture they can handle

And lets get back to Hyundai overtaking Maruti.. let us leave the Tall boys debate for now.
good finding there. I forgot this one long time.

I suppose with the liberalisation and globalization the scenario will be completely different. With the high growth rate all companies will achieve. The sales may change upside down completely and so will be the leadership positions. But maruti has the capacity to stay the best VFM brand which is tough to be beaten by any damn manufacturer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks