Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 12:24   #316
BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilm View Post
My question of main concern is the A/C ! Would any of you please be kind enough to throw some light on how the cooling of the honda city is ! I really could not make out the cooling of the car as its winters here in delhi and any A/C in this weather will cool regardless .
Sahil .
I have the pre facelift city, bought 6 months ago. Not seen a summer. But even in winter, when the sun blazes, I feel the AC is inadequate. I had to put it to 3 for people in rear to feel comfortable. This was the experience in Dec on a trip to Coorg. In Bangalore city, blower setting of one or two is usually sufficient. This sounds pretty bad to us who found the AC in a black Alto very efficient, and never went beyond 2 on the blower even in peak summers of Hyderabad.

Reg. the Verna AT vs. City AT, was in similar position 6 months ago. But the almost 1.2 L premium on the Verna when it was new and untested did not make sense to me. So skipped it and went for city. As for the features in Verna, I did not care much about those compared to the proven engine of the city.
Bh.P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 13:29   #317
BHPian

Hello again and thank you for your inputs .
seems its 2 - opposed to 1+ for the ac as yet , lets see what others have to say .

wishing you well guys
warm regards Sahil .
Old 30th January 2012, 14:26   #318
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I have the pre facelift city, bought 6 months ago. Not seen a summer. But even in winter, when the sun blazes, I feel the AC is inadequate. I had to put it to 3 for people in rear to feel comfortable. This was the experience in Dec on a trip to Coorg. In Bangalore city, blower setting of one or two is usually sufficient. This sounds pretty bad to us who found the AC in a black Alto very efficient, and never went beyond 2 on the blower even in peak summers of Hyderabad.

Reg. the Verna AT vs. City AT, was in similar position 6 months ago. But the almost 1.2 L premium on the Verna when it was new and untested did not make sense to me. So skipped it and went for city. As for the features in Verna, I did not care much about those compared to the proven engine of the city.
To be honest, you might need to have the a/c checked. It's only during peak Delhi summers that I need blower 2/3 on my City.

Also, blower 1 suffices for 1/2 people otherwise.

Have the a/c vents checked for dust etc. The a/c performance of your City is quite unlike that of the average City.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 14:49   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilm View Post
Hello again and thank you for your inputs .
seems its 2 - opposed to 1+ for the ac as yet , lets see what others have to say .

wishing you well guys
warm regards Sahil .
I have driven my Honda City in 44 degree delhi/NCR heat and I never switched the blower to third position.

Honda City A/C is excellent. You can go ahead with the City without any worries.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 18:02   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The new City TVC -

This is the third version advertisement of the i-VTEC Honda City and is totally third class TVC. The first two ads were very good. I do whenever I watch this TVC on television.

The earlier two ads were fantastic.

Last edited by bluevolt : 30th January 2012 at 18:18.
bluevolt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 20:57   #321
BANNED

Bhpians! Need urgent info on two things:

1. On road price of City CE in Bengaluru.
2. Whats the waiting period?
Old 31st January 2012, 21:20   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthvikmagal View Post
Bhpians! Need urgent info on two things:

1. On road price of City CE in Bengaluru.
It's around 8.50 lacs for the CE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthvikmagal View Post
2. Whats the waiting period?
No idea about this. Members from Bangalore will guide much better or you can confirm from dealer but I think it should be in between 15 days to one month.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 22:11   #323
BHPian

The salesman at Magnum Honda in Bangalore told me it is 1 month for CE. Lesser for the other variants. But take this with a pinch of salt, the same gentelman has told me many different timeframes for Jazz in the last 6 months ,for reasons mostly beyond his control though, so I dont blame him. Just that I would not trust that promised date.
paragpatankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 19:43   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

The delivery date of my City Corporate has been bumped to the 24th of this month! (from 6th Feb earlier)

My dealer says that City manufacturing is still at limited capacity, and the Corporate is the least in-demand variant of the City so it's in line after the Vs, Ss, even the Es! He's scheduled to receive a delivery of Citys on the 22nd, and a Corporate Edition is in the delivery list (possibly mine).

The SP's saying that if I change my booking to an SMT, I might get delivery earlier. Nice way of promoting sales, I say.

Talked to the manager and he's offering a 2011 Golden Beige V MT at 55K Discount (40K Cash Discount + 15K Corporate Discount) off the ex-showroom price, in exchange of my Corporate. He says it's the only 2011 City left with him. He also claims it has only 20 kms on the odo (done during their PDI) and is in mint condition (unloaded about 4 months ago). Me, having trust issues on stockyard-lying cars, am not ready to believe him or want to check the car out.

What's next I wonder? First they bumped my Jazz's delivery to mid-April (because of which I cancelled it), now this.

But, all I can do for now, is wait. Yet again.
Old 1st February 2012, 19:49   #325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The delivery date of my City Corporate has been bumped to the 24th of this month! (from 6th Feb earlier)

My dealer says that City manufacturing is still at limited capacity, and the Corporate is the least in-demand variant of the City so it's in line after the Vs, Ss, even the Es!
In fact, it's the opposite. CE is getting huge amounts of bookings and is hugely popular over EMT and VMT.

But because Honda earns very little off a CE, it produces very few CEs a month. And consequently, a dealer is assigned very few each month.

Hence, the delivery schedule is hit. Do not fall for it and wait for the CE if CE is what you want.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 20:01   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Talked to the manager and he's offering a 2011 Golden Beige V MT at 55K Discount (40K Cash Discount + 15K Corporate Discount) off the ex-showroom price, in exchange of my Corporate. He says it's the only 2011 City left with him. He also claims it has only 20 kms on the odo (done during their PDI) and is in mint condition (unloaded about 4 months ago). Me, having trust issues on stockyard-lying cars, am not ready to believe him or want to check the car out.
Certainly an interesting predicament to be in. You need to see how much of a conpromise this will be.
Are you okay with the Golden Beige colour?
If you are, I'd say you have an upper hand with negotiating the price of the 2011 model. I personally prefer the grille and bumper of the 2011 model. The dealer has to get this one off his hands ASAP so you can really drive a hard bargain and make him come down on the price and/or throw in a lot of freebies - free extended warranty maybe? If you can manage to get extended warranty, it will allay your fears about a car that was lying in the stockyard for a few months to a certain extent.

On a different note, does anyone know if the bumper and/or grille of the 2011 model can be fitted on the 2012 model?
Sergei is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 20:06   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post

On a different note, does anyone know if the bumper and/or grille of the 2011 model can be fitted on the 2012 model?
It can be fitted but it costs a bomb. IIRC someone has posted the price of the grille in a ownership thread, cost is around 4-5K (Not exact price though).

2012 grille is also not that bad - slowly it will grow on the buyers.
Old 1st February 2012, 20:21   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
In fact, it's the opposite. CE is getting huge amounts of bookings and is hugely popular over EMT and VMT.

But because Honda earns very little off a CE, it produces very few CEs a month. And consequently, a dealer is assigned very few each month.

Hence, the delivery schedule is hit. Do not fall for it and wait for the CE if CE is what you want.
Suspected as much. Thanks, buddy!

My dealer is allotted 1 CE every month. No wonder he's desperate to divert me towards an S or even a V MT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Certainly an interesting predicament to be in. You need to see how much of a conpromise this will be.
Are you okay with the Golden Beige colour?
If you are, I'd say you have an upper hand with negotiating the price of the 2011 model. I personally prefer the grille and bumper of the 2011 model. The dealer has to get this one off his hands ASAP so you can really drive a hard bargain and make him come down on the price and/or throw in a lot of freebies - free extended warranty maybe? If you can manage to get extended warranty, it will allay your fears about a car that was lying in the stockyard for a few months to a certain extent.
I would have gone with it and haggled for more in this offer, if not for the fact that it's the last car of 2011 available with him - first mental block. Lying in their stockyard for 4 months - second mental block. Will take 2 days to go, check it out, and return (dealer is in another city 300 kms away, sole dealer of entire state) - third mental block.

Nah, it's better to stick it out till the 24th and see what happens. Like my friend Libran clarified, it's better to wait for the CE. This offer is tempting no doubt, but I d rather wait and get the new model.
Old 1st February 2012, 22:00   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
It can be fitted but it costs a bomb. IIRC someone has posted the price of the grille in a ownership thread, cost is around 4-5K (Not exact price though).

2012 grille is also not that bad - slowly it will grow on the buyers.
Maybe one could try to find an existing owner to swap grilles and bumpers with.

Quote:
Suspected as much. Thanks, buddy!

My dealer is allotted 1 CE every month. No wonder he's desperate to divert me towards an S or even a V MT!

I would have gone with it and haggled for more in this offer, if not for the fact that it's the last car of 2011 available with him - first mental block. Lying in their stockyard for 4 months - second mental block. Will take 2 days to go, check it out, and return (dealer is in another city 300 kms away, sole dealer of entire state) - third mental block.

Nah, it's better to stick it out till the 24th and see what happens. Like my friend Libran clarified, it's better to wait for the CE. This offer is tempting no doubt, but I d rather wait and get the new model.
This is what I don't get. I would've thought, CE being the most VFM variant will have more takers and hence more of these will be produced and sold to dealers, but this just doesn't seem to be the case. What might Honda's reasoning be behind this, I wonder?

About your third mental block mentioned above, does it not hold true irrespective of which model you go for? i.e. even if you end up buying the CE, you will still have to make the long trip a couple of times, no? Once for the PDI and then for actual delivery?
Old 1st February 2012, 22:46   #330
BHPian

hello again to everyone and hope you guys are well , also thank you for your answers regarding the a/c of the anhc .
well i finally took the plunge today and booked the anhc v-at , i have been told that i would get delivery around the 15th of this month ( feb ) .
I honestly must admit that it really really really was a tough choice choosing this car over the anhv automatic .
I hope i haven't made a mistake .
shall keep you all updated and would certainly like to be an active member of this thread .
I wish you all well
drive safe .
Sahil .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks