Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:01   #346
BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

OFF TOPIC
guys , ALL OF YOU ABOVE , who have been kind enough to give me your inputs and advice on the anhc , THANK YOU .
since i am new to writing in these " blogs " is that what you call them !!
could you try and tell me how i can answer to various people in the same message .
i mean how do i quote what you have written before and then reply to it .
thanks in advance for helping a 40 year old non computer savvy guy -

wishing you well
sahil

Last edited by sahilm : 2nd February 2012 at 19:03.
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:15   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilm
I too was surprised at this and did ask the dealers , they ALL said, sir " iskey bina gadi nahi mileygi "
hope that answers your question my friend .
Handling Charges are supposed to be struck off from dealer charges since January 2012, as per court orders. Get them to waive off the same.
I had the same concern and after clarification here is the gist:
As per the transport department directive after the high court ruling; dealers can't charge handling charges. However, they can if they have an authorization letter from the manufacturer.
Am yet to get a copy of the letter from the dealer. Will update once I get the same.
Ask for the authorization letter!
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:16   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilm View Post
OFF TOPIC
guys , ALL OF YOU ABOVE , who have been kind enough to give me your inputs and advice on the anhc , THANK YOU .
since i am new to writing in these " blogs " is that what you call them !!
could you try and tell me how i can answer to various people in the same message .
i mean how do i quote what you have written before and then reply to it .
thanks in advance for helping a 40 year old non computer savvy guy -

wishing you well
sahil

Please go through these two links thoroughly.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Team-BHP - Announcements in Forum : Announcements
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:19   #349
BHPian

Congratulations Sahil on what is undoubtedly,the best petrol in this segment!!Honda's are troublefree and should last you for a good number of years.Sorry if I missed it but could you elaborate on your decision making process,what were the other contenders??
Old 3rd February 2012, 01:33   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Congratulations Sahil on what is undoubtedly,the best petrol in this segment!!Honda's are troublefree and should last you for a good number of years.Sorry if I missed it but could you elaborate on your decision making process,what were the other contenders??
Dear Volt , thank you so much for the links , i will surely go through them and try and get post savvy , please everyone do pardon me if i mess up a bit in the beginning.

Kini , thank you for your comment .

hope the following will answer your question .

To start with i dont like to change my cars often and usually seem to keep a car for about 8-10 years .
I currently own an esteem and have had it since 2002 ,well it seems to be getting old and i hate to part with it .

I started thinking about changing my car about 2 months ago and had a budget of about 10lks , and wanted ONLY an automatic , i drive about 500 - 600 km a month and wanted something nice for the same .

My main concern was comfort , good a/c and a decent fuel economy of about 11km/pl .
i knew in advance about the new Honda city face lift coming out via a friend , also since i had recently visited Thailand i was even more sure about the launch of the car .
i did call the Honda 1 to1 and also a few dealers in new Delhi to find out when it was going to launch , but i was told that they did not have any idea at all and there was no new model coming anytime soon .

well the new model was launched on the 14th and i loved what they had done to the car , so i knew that this was going to be my new car .

i was of the mind to wait till the new year so i could get a 2012 model , which i did .

i find it relevant to mention here that i had never driven a Honda city before but i knew Honda to make the best and most refined engines .
Being a biker and owning a Kawasaki Ninja , i had many a times had the opportunity to ride fellow bikers Honda's and really did find the engines to be extremely refined .

Before going ahead and booking my city i went ahead and borrowed my mom-in laws anhc for 2 days and drove it for about 100+ km .
I did find quite a bit of cabin noise from the tires and did feel that the suspension was pretty hard . i did not like these 2 facts .
i thought the car was nice but .. hmmm was not too sure that i loved it .

well since i was in no hurry i said let me try a few others available and see what i like , i had in mind the new ford and the new vv vento .

i honestly ruled out the ford and did not even bother to test drive it cause it is a American brand i thought that the spares are going to be expensive .
i don't know if i made a mistake , but now that i have already bought the honda it really dosen't matter .

i did go ahead and test drive the vento , i found it more comfy than the anhc and liked the car , i did not find the car peppy and thought it was ok , nothing great . i would like to mention here that after the test drive i mentioned to the sales rep that it was a great car and ran pretty well for a diesel , his reply to me was - sir this is the petrol not diesel , so i guess you now know why i did not like the vento , the engine is sluggish and it makes quite a racket .

well then a friend suggested the Hyundai verna fluidic ( Anhv ) 1.6 auto , i thought well , my mom has an automatic I10 which i bought about 6 months ago for her and my wife has been driving a hundai i10 for the past couple of years and they both seem happy , why the hell not , let me try it and see .
so i went and test drove the anhv , and immediately fell in love with it .
I found the ride quality brilliant , I had no problems with the handling , there was no cabin noise and it seemed like a dream come true .
cutting a long story short , i test drove the anhv 2 more times and loved it more and more every time , i felt i was getting a merc for 11 lks .
i was totally convinced to buy the anhv and started doing some research on the net regarding the same , i read zappo's review which was great and also joined a forum to get feedback from some previous verna owners .

There was a very sweet guy on the forum who i became friendly with and eventually he and i added each other on skype.
on private chat he told me that he owns the petrol and is getting an average of about 6 kmpl, i thought that he must be driving very fast and abusing the car , i came to know that he was fed up of this new car due to the average problem and had tested the average by emptying out his tank and filling it with 5 litres and checking, he even mentioned that he and his dad both drove the car at below 60 for a month to just check average, the poor guy had written letters to hyundai motors and so had his dad , but nothing has been done regarding the same till today and he is still getting a very low average .
he also informed me that the a/c of the verna is not as good as other hyundai cars ( even tough the blower was fantastic ) , he seemed pretty un-happy with his purchase of the verna .
the a/c had been one of my main concerns to buy a car , after hearing this from him i checked around the net and eventually found out that the anhv is using a 122cc compressor ( the hyundai i10 has a 110 cc and the old accent had a 160 cc compressor ), this really pissed me off .
over the last few days i came to know this ( now friend ) a bit better and he really oopened up with me and his words to me were " sahil mate , if you want a petrol , close your eyes and buy the anhc " i thank him for his honestly and for guiding me in the right direction .
the third thing that put me off was the fact that the anhv offer only a 2 year warranty on the automatic ( no extended warranty available on autos )
and lastly the fact that it had a 4 speed automatic instead of the hondas 5 speeed .

I also heard from many that it was like a boat at hight speeds and the handling was not good . but this really did not matter to me becasue i usually drive in delhi where speeding is really not something you can do .

well now i did not know what to do and what to buy , i had liked the honda city , but i had not loved it due to the cabin noise and the suspension if you remember me mentioning the same above .
then i got a call from one of my closest friends in delhi telling me that he had got delivery of the anhc about a week ago , i told him i wanted to try his car out , i drove it and it was fantastic , it was an automatic and a silver colour ( just what i have booked ) i said to myself , what the hell this is a beauty , the suspension is great the cabin has less noise , what is going on , i was confused as i had quite a non happy experiance with my mom in laws anhc .
After this long drive with my friend i came home and called my father in law and spoke to him regarding the same , he told me " arrey tumhari mummy ki gaadi ka naash peet diya hai driver ne , supposedly the suspension needs to be checked and there is always more than tire pressure in the car
well that was that and finally i breathed a sigh of relief and went ahead and booked the anhc

now i am tired of typing and its late at night .
i can see that you had a small question , but the answer is prettttttty long .
shall keep in touch
god bless and drive safe
rgds
Sahil .
sahilm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:27   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilm View Post

Kini , thank you for your comment .

hope the following will answer your question .
Ah,well undoubtedly,you chose the best petrol sedan.Do keep us updated with an ownership report!!
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:55   #352
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The delivery date of my City Corporate has been bumped to the 24th of this month! (from 6th Feb earlier)
Oh no, that sucks! Put some pressure on him!

[/quote]My dealer says that City manufacturing is still at limited capacity, and the Corporate is the least in-demand variant of the City so it's in line after the Vs, Ss, even the Es! He's scheduled to receive a delivery of Citys on the 22nd, and a Corporate Edition is in the delivery list (possibly mine).[/quote]That's true. Even my dealer says that they're only getting about 2-3 CEs for the entire month for Mumbai (this particular dealer which has multiple outlets).

Quote:
Talked to the manager and he's offering a 2011 Golden Beige V MT at 55K Discount (40K Cash Discount + 15K Corporate Discount) off the ex-showroom price, in exchange of my Corporate. He says it's the only 2011 City left with him. He also claims it has only 20 kms on the odo (done during their PDI) and is in mint condition (unloaded about 4 months ago). Me, having trust issues on stockyard-lying cars, am not ready to believe him or want to check the car out.
Don't go for it. Too much time in the stockyard and also not enough discount. It's an old car and no one wants it now, so if you even want to consider it, please ask for a massive discount.

Quote:
What's next I wonder? First they bumped my Jazz's delivery to mid-April (because of which I cancelled it), now this.
Same reason I'm going for CE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Maybe one could try to find an existing owner to swap grilles and bumpers with.
Actually, on Alabaster Silver, the Chrome grill looks good, but if you have an old one, I am ready to exchange! :P
PhX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:56   #353
BANNED

Just for the benefit of some Honda fans!

City C.E is available in Whitefield Honda! Someone wants, go book one!

OTR in Namma Bangy is 8.60L
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:45   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Oh no, that sucks! Put some pressure on him!
No use. He is helpless. He's scheduled to receive a delivery on the 22nd, which has my listed Alabaster Silver CE in it.

Quote:
That's true. Even my dealer says that they're only getting about 2-3 CEs for the entire month for Mumbai (this particular dealer which has multiple outlets).
My dealer is the sole one for the entire C.G. state, and he's scheduled to get 1 CE every month. (for now)

Quote:
Don't go for it. Too much time in the stockyard and also not enough discount. It's an old car and no one wants it now, so if you even want to consider it, please ask for a massive discount.
Not even going there. I have decided to wait it out.

A small surprising but a bit OT news - I was rummaging around the Skoda site yesterday night and suddenly this morning I got a call from Skoda asking if I was interested in the Rapid. Told them I have the City booked and they congratulated me and politely wished me well.

Pretty prompt calling, I must say! Looks like Skoda is improving their customer service.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 23:22   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A small surprising but a bit OT news - I was rummaging around the Skoda site yesterday night and suddenly this morning I got a call from Skoda asking if I was interested in the Rapid. Told them I have the City booked and they congratulated me and politely wished me well.

Pretty prompt calling, I must say! Looks like Skoda is improving their customer service.
Dear Raven , EXACT SAME THING happened with me and i too was shocked at the prompt phone call i got from them .
but in my case that was the 1st and last call i got .
I did receive a e-mail from them , but no more calls regarding a test drive which i would have liked .

rgds
Sahil
Old 5th February 2012, 00:03   #356
BHPian

Took the test drive of the of the city today.Well i had never driven the famous ivtec before so was exited about the TD.Now the TD car was just 1.5k km old so dont know if this is the contributing factor to the experience i felt with the City.The car did not fell sluggish but was not fast as what most people have said. I was driving it like a sports car, shifting up at 3000k to 3500k rpm.The engine moans if you push it past 4.5k rpm!! thought the city was rev happy!!
The New fiesta which i test drove(4k km on the odo) after that felt comparable to the city but would not moan,just growl at the same rpm

The city dint turn out to be exciting to drive as i had expected it to be,maybe my expectations were too high but after i drove the New ford fiesta, which is considered by many to be average in performance, Thought to my self either the car what i got needs to be run in properly or its a lemon or i got some turbo charged fiesta prototype!!
Old 5th February 2012, 00:36   #357
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Thought to my self either the car what i got needs to be run in properly or its a lemon or i got some turbo charged fiesta prototype!!
That's really odd, because when I took the TD, the engine was very rev-happy. Barely heard it until 4k rpm, and after that, it sounded like it WANTED to be revved more. :P
Old 5th February 2012, 00:49   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Took the test drive of the of the city today.Well i had never driven the famous ivtec before so was exited about the TD.Now the TD car was just 1.5k km old so dont know if this is the contributing factor to the experience i felt with the City.The car did not fell sluggish but was not fast as what most people have said. I was driving it like a sports car, shifting up at 3000k to 3500k rpm.The engine moans if you push it past 4.5k rpm!! thought the city was rev happy!!
The New fiesta which i test drove(4k km on the odo) after that felt comparable to the city but would not moan,just growl at the same

The city dint turn out to be exciting to drive as i had expected it to be,maybe my expectations were too high but after i drove the New ford fiesta, which is considered by many to be average in performance, Thought to my self either the car what i got needs to be run in properly or its a lemon or i got some turbo charged fiesta prototype!!
I request you to TD again may be from some other dealer or ask different car from the same dealer. I agree fiesta is good handler but i-VTEC shows it's character only after 4-5K RPM. It's a gem and yes it roars and flies each time you redline the engine.

Last edited by bluevolt : 5th February 2012 at 00:58.
Old 5th February 2012, 01:13   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I request you to TD again may be from some other dealer or ask different car from the same dealer. I agree fiesta is good handler but i-VTEC shows it's character only after 4-5K RPM. It's a gem and yes it roars and flies each time you redline the engine.
We have only one dealer in Goa, he has two citys for test drives, maybe i will take the other one.But on this city the car did not want to go past 4500 rpm, was moaning,but the performance is still better than the verna TD car and marginaly better than the fiesta one.
Old 5th February 2012, 02:29   #360
PhX
BHPian

Guys,

Have taken delivery of my 2012 Honda City Corporate Edition today evening. You can read about it here -- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...12-silver.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks