Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2012, 01:04   #406
BHPian

I test drove the City AT, and gave the paddle shifters a lot of my attention. However, the engine is nowhere as responsive as in the MT. Frankly, I was disappointed with the City AT, especially in comparison with the MT.

You could get the CE. Do remember it has black interiors. Lots of Indians love beige but the black does look yummy! CE + lots of aftermarket personalization would be a better option.

PS- do remember to double check that none of your planned after market purchases create a warranty issue. Honda has been known to be quite touchy about this.
Old 11th March 2012, 01:09   #407
BHPian

Hello all

This has been a super eye opener for me. I think I'm now leaning more toward the CE. When I come to think of it I also did not really like the feel of the AT. My decision to go infor the CE is getting stronger. I have 2 more queries:
Is driver seat height adjustment absent in the CE?
Which color is better the new Carnelian red pearl or the new brown metallic. The dark brown metallic almost looks like black and quite nice. But a lot of people advised against it saying that scratches would be easily visible, it would fade over time and its difficult to maintain. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sunny

Last edited by sunster : 11th March 2012 at 01:18.
Old 11th March 2012, 07:54   #408
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dillemma- 2012 city V-AT or Corporate edition manual

Do you love Automatics? Do you drive in bumper to bumper traffic regularly and have felt pain in your left leg because of overuse of clutch? Alternatively are you expecting your job profile or life in general to change such that you would surely need an Automatic.

If neither of the above is true why plonk extra 2/3 L on a car that you probably will not need. Go with Corporate Edition or something in between. A Factory fitted features is better any-day (except the ICE/Music System).
Old 11th March 2012, 08:37   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster
Hello all

This has been a super eye opener for me. I think I'm now leaning more toward the CE. When I come to think of it I also did not really like the feel of the AT. My decision to go infor the CE is getting stronger. I have 2 more queries:
Which color is better the new Carnelian red pearl or the new brown metallic. The dark brown metallic almost looks like black and quite nice. But a lot of people advised against it saying that scratches would be easily visible, it would fade over time and its difficult to maintain. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sunny
IIRC, no, the CE will not have seat height adjustment. However, the City's cabin has excellent visibility so shouldn't be a problem. I'm 5'10" and have left it at the lowest setting for 2 reasons - the drivers side arm rest then feels at the right height, I like to set the steering a little lower as well.

Id suggest don't overthink your color choice. Look at the actual car in both colors and then follow your heart on this. Looks like you've like dark brown metallic, go for it!

Cheers on your choice of car.
Old 11th March 2012, 20:13   #410
Senior - BHPian

Why this Dilemma Sunster?

In fact there is no dilemma at all. It is you who have to decide whether you really want an automatic transmission or not? I believe that auto trannies don't do justice to the wonderful engine under the hood so same goes for Honda City.

BUT If it has to an automatic then I guess Honda City is best petrol AT in the segment. No Vento-Verna-Fiesta for me.

And red color suits the best for Honda City - evergreen shade for this particular car IMO.
Old 12th March 2012, 01:33   #411
Team-BHP Support

Get the VAT if you want to splurge. Also, FE in AT will be significantly lesser (~3-4 kmpl) than the MT.

Get the CE if you want to customize the car with your choice of upholstery and ICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster View Post
Yes, the CE doesn't have driver seat adjustment.
Old 12th March 2012, 17:55   #412
BHPian

Hi all

I want to express my gratitude to all who helped me reach my decision. I have just booked the 2012 Honda City E-MT in carnelian red pearl colour. After a lot of thought I felt the E MT made more sense and I was more inclined towards the beige interiors and red was the colour of choice for the whole family. I almost decided on the S-MT but the choice of alloys was not to my taste. In any case I shall be upgrading to aftermarket alloys in time for which I shall also need help here. I shall update as and when the car arrives.

Thanks

Sunny.
sunster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:46   #413
BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Honda is doing mistake by not producing CE as other variants. They should know that most people will consider only CE variant of City and if company is not able to deliver the car on time then customer may move to some other brand. This situation is definitely not good for Honda as they sell a 1500 cc sedan which runs only on the most expensive fuel in India i.e. petrol.
+1 to this. Absolutely true.
Old 22nd March 2012, 19:12   #414
BHPian

Today I got my Civic's first service done. While at dealership, I met the sales person and inquired about City CE. He said 4 CEs were delivered in last month, but still continued to say they do not get many CEs from Honda. However, Honda seem to roll out many Brio. And Jazz waiting period he said is now 3 months!
Old 10th August 2012, 11:40   #415
BHPian

Honda has again launched City S A/T. I believe it is good move from Honda. Consumers with budget constraints will now be able to own one.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-honda-city-prices.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2012, 15:45   #416
BHPian

This might seem like a dumb question but can someone enlighten me here please. What are the features available / not available in the CE, E , S and V models? I can't seem to find the full list anywhere (even on the Honda website)!!.
Also would like to know how the City behaves over really bad roads / long drives. Does it have a cushy ride?

Last edited by pamiboy : 23rd August 2012 at 15:46.
Old 23rd August 2012, 17:46   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
This might seem like a dumb question but can someone enlighten me here please. What are the features available / not available in the CE, E , S and V models? I can't seem to find the full list anywhere (even on the Honda website)!!.
On the Honda website, you will find the link for E-Brochure and also for Grades. The Grades page will tell the basic difference between the models while the brochure will give you the more elaborate one.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 01:16   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Also would like to know how the City behaves over really bad roads / long drives. Does it have a cushy ride?
You may want to visit this link.
:::Honda City- Features:::
Rock 'n' rollz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 04:26   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Now that your first query is answered, let me answer the second part. When I upgraded to City I was driving an i20, so for me it was a huge difference in terms ride & handling.

But Before making a decision to go for City I test drove verna, Rapid & Vento. I was primarily looking for a petrol as my daily commute is restricted to 15km. In terms of ride its the best amongst the 3 & with respect to handling it cant match Germans which are unbeatable but City's handling is excellent.

City was launched during end of 2008 & it is old when compared to its rivals & all new Honda City may phase out in next 2 & half year but every time I test drove it, my heart said; "this is what i want to own", and there isn't even a single moment when I regretted my decision.

Mod Note : As per the recent mass PM, please do NOT use acronyms when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name. Any further usage of acronyms will invite severe Moderator action on your account. Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th August 2012 at 10:08. Reason: See note in post.
SrikantDora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 16:40   #420
BHPian

Spoke to Dakshin Honda in Bangalore today. Was informed that the Corporate Edition and E-MT variants of the Honda City are no longer in production. They tried to give some story about preparation for the 2014 variant! I guess Honda has decided to vacate the lower price points for the Amaze
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks