Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2013, 20:10   #421
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

^^ Honda seem to be rather bullish on Amaze; pulling the plug on Jazz and now 2 variants of the City.

Surprisingly, both Jazz and City EMT/CE are still listed on Honda's website.
Old 15th March 2013, 15:59   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Spoke to Dakshin Honda in Bangalore today. Was informed that the Corporate Edition and E-MT variants of the Honda City are no longer in production. They tried to give some story about preparation for the 2014 variant! I guess Honda has decided to vacate the lower price points for the Amaze
Strangely, Whitefield Honda seem to be still offering the E-MT variant (spoke to them today). They claim the CE variant is out of production so they cant accept bookings for that.

I guess its worth dropping an email to Honda to verify whether the CE is indeed out of production.
Old 15th March 2013, 16:28   #423
BHPian

I think CE is not being produced currently.I had booked a CE on the 11th of january and delivery promised around end of jan,then i was contacted by the dealer(Spectrum honda,guwahati) that the particular variant is not being produced currently.I did speak to their call centre and also shot off a few emails to honda.They didn't specify whether the production has really stopped or whatever.so decided to wait a few weeks more.
Repeated enquiries produced same result.."sir,CE production is not there ,honda is focussing on amaze"
finally i changed the order to EMT which was delivered as promised within a month.My car is january manufactured car and the dealer recieved another EMT and several VMT as part of the shipment.So EMT production is definitely on,but i think honda has pulled the plug on the base CE.
Old 15th March 2013, 22:43   #424
BHPian

Planning to go test drive the City AT tomorrow. My only issue at this point in time are

1. Even the top end version does not have climate control
2. The top end automatic Sun roof model is 1.6 lakh more than the V AT version

Will keep you guys posted on my findings.
Old 16th March 2013, 15:14   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash
Planning to go test drive the City AT tomorrow. My only issue at this point in time are

1. Even the top end version does not have climate control
2. The top end automatic Sun roof model is 1.6 lakh more than the V AT version

Will keep you guys posted on my findings.
Good luck. My 2 cents: climate control is not a must have as long as the AC works fine. I think Honda ACs work fine.
The sunroof AT City is awesome. It wasn't around when I was buying else may have preferred it to my Vento. Is 1.6L the premium only for sunroof or sunroof+AT? Latter case should be worth it.
Old 16th March 2013, 20:52   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
The sunroof AT City is awesome. It wasn't around when I was buying else may have preferred it to my Vento. Is 1.6L the premium only for sunroof or sunroof+AT? Latter case should be worth it.
1.6 lakhs is for Sunroof + Leather seats. The premium is over the V AT variant.

Drove the City. I am a fan. Will buy it, not even planning to test drive the Vento, the paddle shifters are awesome. No wonder the city with only the petrol engine out sells many of the other sedans even with diesel options.

One more thing that is interesting is that apparently there is no AVN (Audio Video Navigation) option for AT variant. This is what the Magnum Honda sales person said who came with the Test drive vehicle. But interestingly the Brochure that he gave shows that it does (See picture). So I called him up and asked. Guess what, he says it is a typo. I am not convinced. So I have asked him to get me an email from Honda saying so.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-image1725942914.jpg  

Last edited by shabash : 16th March 2013 at 21:03.
shabash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 02:34   #427
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
No wonder the city with only the petrol engine out sells many of the other sedans even with diesel options.

So I called him up and asked. Guess what, he says it is a typo. I am not convinced. So I have asked him to get me an email from Honda saying so.
Shabhash +1,

I am a fan of the Honda City too. The best and powerful engine in its class that too which sells too.

As you said the AVN is present and it is not a typo. I don't think Honda would make a mistake by getting its brochures wrong for its bread and butter vehicle. Try checking with another dealer for the AVN and shoot a mail to Honda for confirmation if you fail to get it from your SE!

Anurag.
Old 18th March 2013, 12:22   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post

One more thing that is interesting is that apparently there is no AVN (Audio Video Navigation) option for AT variant. This is what the Magnum Honda sales person said who came with the Test drive vehicle. But interestingly the Brochure that he gave shows that it does (See picture). So I called him up and asked. Guess what, he says it is a typo. I am not convinced. So I have asked him to get me an email from Honda saying so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Shabhash +1,

As you said the AVN is present and it is not a typo.

Anurag.
The Honda City 1.5 V AT Sunroof does not have an AVN system. Note the additional features mentioned by Honda for City 1.5 V AT Sunroof is in addition to the features of the 'City 1.5 V AT' model and not the 'City 1.5 V AT (AVN)' model. Each of the three models mentioned is a distinct model.

However, the Honda City AT variant (without the sunroof) does have an Audio Visual Navigation (AVN) system. The model is called City 1.5 V AT (AVN) with ex-showroom price as Rs. 1,071,776 in Bangalore.

The brochure uploaded by you in your post also states the same thing as above. It says features for the 1.5 V Sunroof (in addition to 1.5 V). Note how it says 'in addition to 1.5 V' and does not say 'in addition to 1.5 V AVN.'

To sum up your choices in the AT variant:

City 1.5 V AT : Rs. 992,276

City 1.5 V AT (AVN) : Rs. 1,071,776
In addition to all the features for City 1.5 V AT, you pay a premium of Rs. 79,500 for AVN, Bluetooth, Touchscreen, DVD/CD Player, Leather Upholstery and Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel.

City 1.5 V AT Sunroof : Rs. 1,077,649
In addition to all the features for City 1.5 V AT [not City 1.5 V AT (AVN)], you pay a premium of Rs. 85,373 for Sunroof, Leather Upholstery, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Leather Gear Shift Knob.

Last edited by IndianGuardian : 18th March 2013 at 12:26.
IndianGuardian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 14:21   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGuardian View Post
The Honda City 1.5 V AT Sunroof does not have an AVN system. Note the additional features mentioned by Honda for City 1.5 V AT Sunroof is in addition to the features of the 'City 1.5 V AT' model and not the 'City 1.5 V AT (AVN)' model. Each of the three models mentioned is a distinct model.

However, the Honda City AT variant (without the sunroof) does have an Audio Visual Navigation (AVN) system. The model is called City 1.5 V AT (AVN) with ex-showroom price as Rs. 1,071,776 in Bangalore.

The brochure uploaded by you in your post also states the same thing as above. It says features for the 1.5 V Sunroof (in addition to 1.5 V). Note how it says 'in addition to 1.5 V' and does not say 'in addition to 1.5 V AVN.'

To sum up your choices in the AT variant:

City 1.5 V AT : Rs. 992,276

City 1.5 V AT (AVN) : Rs. 1,071,776
In addition to all the features for City 1.5 V AT, you pay a premium of Rs. 79,500 for AVN, Bluetooth, Touchscreen, DVD/CD Player, Leather Upholstery and Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel.

City 1.5 V AT Sunroof : Rs. 1,077,649
In addition to all the features for City 1.5 V AT [not City 1.5 V AT (AVN)], you pay a premium of Rs. 85,373 for Sunroof, Leather Upholstery, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Leather Gear Shift Knob.
You are fully correct. But as per dealers in Bangalore - the second option in your list above i.e. "City 1.5 V AT (AVN) : Rs. 1,071,776" is not available. I contacted both Magnum Honda and Dakshin Honda (As these are the guys closer to my place). Anyway I called the Honda customer care number and they said that the version is available . I have also tweeted and posted to the Honda FaceBook page. Waiting to get an update from Honda, hopefully.

Last edited by shabash : 18th March 2013 at 14:22. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 18th March 2013, 15:00   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Good luck. My 2 cents: climate control is not a must have as long as the AC works fine. I think Honda ACs work fine.

I agree Climate control is not necessary. I bought the Accord which was my first car with ACC and I always end up turning the auto function off. Then I replaced my Innova G with Innova V which has ACC as well and guess what same result, there is hardly any use of ACC in Mumbai. Either the Fan is too loud for comfort or too low for cooling in both the cars. I like it cold and fan at 2 or 3.

Oh yes my friend did manage to damage the cooling coil in winter in his corolla because he kept the AC switch on with ACC set at 22 degrees when the outside temperature was 18 degrees. The hot water due to heating as well the cold gas ended up damaging the cooling coil.
Old 19th June 2013, 15:48   #431
Senior - BHPian

We are planning to buy Honda City however I'm a little skeptic of going for the V variant as against the S because at 58k extra all that one gets is -
1. Cruise Control
2. New alloys
3. Silver insides and Chrome handles
4. Tweeters

Does it make sense to go for the V variant at 58k extra? Here's I'm referring to Mumbai ex-showroom.
Old 19th June 2013, 16:56   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
We are planning to buy Honda City however I'm a little skeptic of going for the V variant as against the S because at 58k extra all that one gets is -
1. Cruise Control
2. New alloys
4. Tweeters

Does it make sense to go for the V variant at 58k extra? Here's I'm referring to Mumbai ex-showroom.
Pick up the S MT and add your accessories of your liking. Thats what i did. You would be better off customizing it to your taste
vikramv1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 18:02   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv1 View Post
Pick up the S MT and add your accessories of your liking. Thats what i did. You would be better off customizing it to your taste
Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
1. Cruise Control
2. New alloys
4. Tweeters

SMT makes perfect sense unless you don't want the cruise control. If you need cruise control then you have to get V variant as it can't be retrofitted.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 13:12   #434
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone share their experience of using Cruise Control on Indian roads. I mean with the lack of elevated expressways I'm skeptic whether something like this is worth paying extra for.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:19   #435
Senior - BHPian

Personally I will not opt for cruise control considering it don't have much utility in India.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks