Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2013, 13:22   #436
BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Hi Team,

I see Honda City Corporate and E MT still listed on the Honda website. I don't think I recall seeing it 2 months back. Are they taking orders for these models now?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Old 20th June 2013, 13:50   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
Hi Team,

I see Honda City Corporate and E MT still listed on the Honda website. I don't think I recall seeing it 2 months back. Are they taking orders for these models now?

Thanks & Regards
AFAIK corporate variant was discontinued after Honda Amaze launch to wider the gap between Amaze and City. Not sure about EMT - that should be available.

Contact a Honda showroom near your place and confirm the same.
Old 20th June 2013, 16:11   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Team,

Thanks & Regards
I got a call from a Mumbai dealership (sorry don't remember the name) when I inquired about Honda dealers in Mumbai. As per him all models listed on the website were available at their dealership.

I had asked him to revert with the ex-factory price for all models but since then he never called back.
Old 20th June 2013, 17:12   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Team,

Thanks & Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
AFAIK corporate variant was discontinued after Honda Amaze launch to wider the gap between Amaze and City. Not sure about EMT - that should be available.

I was at the Honda dealership 2 weeks ago to check out AMAZE. I also picked up Honda City price lists and when i inquired about the CE Model i was told that they dont have a ready stock of CE model but IF i was keen on only that i had to pay a booking amount of 20k and it would take approx 35-45 days for them to get the car from Factory. CE Ahmedabad OTR is ₹8.23L.

Regards,
Old 20th June 2013, 17:25   #440
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I got a call from a Mumbai dealership (sorry don't remember the name) when I inquired about Honda dealers in Mumbai. As per him all models listed on the website were available at their dealership.

I had asked him to revert with the ex-factory price for all models but since then he never called back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I was at the Honda dealership 2 weeks ago to check out AMAZE. I also picked up Honda City price lists and when i inquired about the CE Model i was told that they dont have a ready stock of CE model but IF i was keen on only that i had to pay a booking amount of 20k and it would take approx 35-45 days for them to get the car from Factory. CE Ahmedabad OTR is ₹8.23L.

Regards,
Sounds good

Let me check with the dealers here. I don't mind the waiting period. CE is just what I need at that price point.

Thanks so much people!
Old 20th June 2013, 17:29   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds good

Let me check with the dealers here. I don't mind the waiting period. CE is just what I need at that price point.

Thanks so much people!
CE is the one to go for even for me. MIGHT go for one towards the end of 2013. All Black interiors and a bare bone car with all the safety features. Wish all manufacturers had a variant like this and allow us users to install ICE and other stuff as per our requirements / liking.

Regards,
Old 20th June 2013, 18:08   #442
Senior - BHPian

That must be the old stock of CE variant lying around with Honda dealers.
Old 20th June 2013, 18:20   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That must be the old stock of CE variant lying around with Honda dealers.
no i dont think so. the dealer said they dont have any ce ex stock and needs to be ordered.
Old 20th June 2013, 18:27   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
no i dont think so. the dealer said they dont have any ce ex stock and needs to be ordered.
If it is still under production then that is a good thing.

But this was mentioned in official Amaze review and also in Autocar India magazine.

Quote:
In preparation of the Amaze's launch, the City's base corporate edition has been discontinued. This is to restrict price overlap between the two sedans and position the City as the more expensive, premium option.
Old 20th June 2013, 20:12   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Can anyone share their experience of using Cruise Control on Indian roads. I mean with the lack of elevated expressways I'm skeptic whether something like this is worth paying extra for.
I use cruise control on my civic when I'm on the expressway and in no hurry.
Mostly I just stick to the middle or left lane which tends to be empty.

Braking or clutch press deactivates the cruise control. As soon as you are done manoeuvring and have crossed 45kph just press the reset button and it will go back to the previous cruising speed.

All this being said, it's rare for me to use cruise control, but its great having the feature when I need it.
Old 20th June 2013, 21:11   #446
BHPian

Quote:

If it is still under production then that is a good thing.

But this was mentioned in official Amaze review and also in Autocar India magazine.
It still is listed on the Honda India website and the prices are available too. I haven't seen any official communication on the CE / E discontinuation but then I may have missed it. The dealers always have been reluctant to sell the CE.
Old 12th September 2013, 17:51   #447
BHPian

Guys my brother has booked a CITY SAT this week and wants to know if theres an upgrade in the cards again? Something like 2013 end? I told him the next upgrade would be in 2014/15 along with the IDTEC. If you have any news on any interim upgrade please share.
Old 12th September 2013, 18:19   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Guys my brother has booked a CITY SAT this week and wants to know if theres an upgrade in the cards again? Something like 2013 end? I told him the next upgrade would be in 2014/15 along with the IDTEC. If you have any news on any interim upgrade please share.
When I had queried on their website regarding any change, I got a call saying there will be a diesel engine soon but no change in model.
Old 13th September 2013, 20:52   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
In another thread Bhpian dexter78 said the new City is ready and has been seen at the Greater Noida factory. The company is readying it for a diwali launch and it will have a diesel variant, he said.

Two other things - the current City cannot take the diesel engine and hence the reason why Honda may rush the new car, which is due in 2014 otherwise, according to Hormazd. And if you want an AT things may not change too much with the new car because, like most carmakers, Honda may only offer it in petrol with perhaps the same transmission as the current car. Consider that the Brio also didn't get a CVT like the Thailand car but a version of the City's torque converter AT to save costs.
Old 14th September 2013, 15:45   #450
BHPian

Thanks StarScream.
To confirm the news by dexter78 i called two honda dealers - sundaramhonda in chennai and Dakshin Honda in bangalore. Both confirmed that the diesel Honda is coming in december/jan. But both said there wont be any diesel automatic. But what troubles me is that whether there will be any facelift along with the city IDTEC roll out. I wish some bhpian gets a spy shot of the upcoming city.

Dev
Closed Thread

Most Viewed