Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 20:29   #76
BHPian

re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

The combination of orange center panel lights and blue meter console lights looks so out of place!
They should have replaced the center panel lights as well!

Just my 2 cents.
And like others, even I'm glad I have the 2008 model!
Old 14th December 2011, 20:34   #77
BHPian

After the ANHC, 2012 brings in the BNHC "Bling New Honda City"
The alphabet progression also shows the sparse improvements while highlighting its key new feature !
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 20:51   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Why? There are no parking sensors; there never were on any variant of the City.

The Reflectors are just glass.
Oh I meant Honda should have added parking sensors this time.
Old 14th December 2011, 21:15   #79
BHPian

Bluntly put - Except for the Cruise Control there isn't anything extraordinary in the new City. But then again, it IS supposed to be just a facelift / Refresh, not a new car!

In fact Honda must keep doing something new time and again to keep the sales numbers stable, simply due to no oil burner being available from Honda stables in India yet.

The sunroof, ORVMs w/ indicators, New Tail Lamps etc can all be added on as accessories to existing ANHCs and makes little difference.

Also IMHO 5mm extra GC coupled with 20mm extra length wouldn't really change things greatly.
abhi413 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 21:17   #80
BHPian

My observations.
1. The alloys are more similar to new Innova design. Very similar with curved edges.
2. Tyres could have been upgraded to 185 size atleast.
3. Would love to see Honda Corporate edition in all black. Some how i strongly feel black was more apt color for City.
Old 14th December 2011, 21:28   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
Bluntly put - Except for the Cruise Control there isn't anything extraordinary in the new City. But then again, it IS supposed to be just a facelift / Refresh, not a new car!

Also IMHO 5mm extra GC coupled with 20mm extra length wouldn't really change things greatly.
Utility of Cruise Control in today's Indian road conditions is questionable. It would probably get used only for about 5-10% of car usage for most users.

The extra 20mm is not added to wheelbase. I guess it comes from redesigned bumpers. So given a constant suspension stiffness and constant wheelbase wrt previous City, the 5 mm GC increase should help to some extent. IF they have made the suspension softer than previous City, this increase would be nullified.
Old 14th December 2011, 21:32   #82
BHPian

Hi all,
I personally feel that the Corporate variant is the best value for money both segment wise and Honda City wise also. Cos one can install one's choice of stereo, alloys, speakers etc.Moreover the black interiors will not get dirty soon and is easy to maintain. The looks of the car is stunning when compared to any other car in the same segment and even the base variant is equipped with all the safety features. Hats off to Honda for the pricing and the variants.
Old 14th December 2011, 21:43   #83
dot
Senior - BHPian

The instrument cluster dials are blue now, but the HU and central-console lights are still the old orange. Strange.
Old 14th December 2011, 21:46   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod332002 View Post
I was really restless after booking an S-MT earlier, wondering whether the new facelift would include a massive price-cut. Really happy to see that I got my car at a steal. Nothing compelling in the new car to force a rethink of my decision to stick with the outgoing model.
I second that. I bought mine 2 weeks ago with a great discount. Of course, I had checked out the Thailand website and knew what was coming. I still feel the old grill is more classier.
Old 14th December 2011, 22:11   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi all,
I personally feel that the Corporate variant is the best value for money both segment wise and Honda City wise also. Cos one can install one's choice of stereo, alloys, speakers etc.Moreover the black interiors will not get dirty soon and is easy to maintain. The looks of the car is stunning when compared to any other car in the same segment and even the base variant is equipped with all the safety features. Hats off to Honda for the pricing and the variants.
I tend to agree! And the plus point is, there are plenty of options available as the Honda City is SUCH a popular car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
The instrument cluster dials are blue now, but the HU and central-console lights are still the old orange. Strange.
+1. Strange alone is maybe not the right word. It is strange and silly and confusing and then some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Utility of Cruise Control in today's Indian road conditions is questionable. It would probably get used only for about 5-10% of car usage for most users.

The extra 20mm is not added to wheelbase. I guess it comes from redesigned bumpers. So given a constant suspension stiffness and constant wheelbase wrt previous City, the 5 mm GC increase should help to some extent. IF they have made the suspension softer than previous City, this increase would be nullified.
So true w.r.t. Cruise Control! Maybe those of us shuttling between Pune & Mumbai will find it useful (But then again, how many would prefer using a petrol motor regularly even on that road) It still adds a bit of snob value, though.

As for the improvement due to GC, well, I guess we'll have to wait till Jan end for a fellow T-BHPian's review!
abhi413 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 22:36   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Guys have you noticed that the alloy wheel looks alike the one found in SX4?
Sorry mate but I do not see any similarities. Both of them look different to me.

Anyways - I do not think they have added too many features on the new car. Just a minor facelift to keep the product fresh. I think the missing features will be added in the all new Honda City. Looks wise, I fail to see how is this car different from the previous one. The differences are too subtle I guess.
Old 14th December 2011, 22:46   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Guys have you noticed that the alloy wheel looks alike the one found in SX4?
i don't think so.They are more accord like.

The face lift doesn't seem welcoming to me.
The previous gen was better.
They could have added the ACC to it aleast.
The 6.99 price does seem attractive.

Some additions to the E Variant
Body Colored Outside Door handles & ORVM.
Stereo
Beige Interiors (Earlier they were greyish)
Aluminium Finish Centre Console

Last edited by k2max6 : 14th December 2011 at 22:53.
Old 14th December 2011, 23:01   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Exactly my thoughts ! Why couldnt they just there vendor to change the lighting color on the Stereo??
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 23:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

Well not much of a 'version' that everyone was expecting! It is only a minor face lift, with a few extra features thrown in and nothing else. But still this car will sell in good numbers.

We petrol heads spend a lot of time analyzing the details and whether it offers any value addition or features over the previous model. But my observation is that majority of the people don't think this much. Engines/Variants/safety features don't make much of a difference to them. They only understand Honda = Premium, so many will go ahead and plonk their money on this one! Especially the version with garish chrome inserts.

Btw, the corporate edition or E-Mt variant seems to make the most sense economically. Given a chance; I would still go ahead and buy it, but purely for the petrol engine and the slick gear box. Except I neither have the money for it nor am I in the market for a new car!

Is there going to be a T-Bhp review of this one? Especially considering that we don't have an official Honda-City review.
Old 14th December 2011, 23:30   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi all,
Now that's what I feel agreeable to. At that price point, the Corporate seems to be better than alternatives like base Verna 1.4 or SX4 VXi. The only important missing equipment IMO is the seat height adjustment. The black OVRMs and door handles actually save money from scratch touch ups. I am thinking of getting one in the New Year for local trips.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed