E MT – Rs. 770000
S MT – Rs. 820000
V MT – Rs. 870000
V AT – Rs. 942000
V (Sunroof) MT – Rs.950500
V (Sunroof) AT – Rs.1022000

HSCI launches the stunning New Honda City
with Advanced Features and Premium Styling

New Delhi, December 14, 2011: Honda Siel Cars India Ltd., leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, today launched the new Honda City with striking new looks and value added features.

The New Honda City juxtaposes Honda’s superior design and enhanced premium styling. On the exterior, the new chrome front grille, restyled front and rear bumper and all new taillights accentuate the looks of the car. The newly designed and attractive 10 spoke Alloy Wheels (in select grades) add to its sporty look.

The interiors of the New City incorporate an elegant and attractive design. The plush Beige interiors with high quality seat fabric and improved modern Centre Control Panel with stylish Chrome fittings gives the car an upmarket feel. The New City sports a soft lit Blue Meter Graphic which lends even more premiumness to the car.

The New Honda City now comes with enhanced ground clearance of 165 mm, 5mm more than its predecessor giving it an extra bit of comfort on bumpy roads. The length of the new City is 4440 mm (20 mm longer than its predecessor).

The complete range of the City has been expanded to give more options to the customers and will now be available in 5 variants – Corporate, E, S, V MT/AT and V (Sunroof) MT/AT.

The newly introduced V(Sunroof) grade of the New City now comes with a sunroof which has been introduced in this segment for the first time and adds to the premiumness of the car even more.

The introduction of new features like Cruise Control System and Turn indicators on ORVM in New City 1.5V and V(Sunroof) complement the look of the car and make it plush with a luxurious feel.

The City 1.5E will now be offered with Beige interiors and addition of Integrated Advanced Audio System while City 1.5S will have added value in form of Alloy Wheels.

The Corporate grade of the City comes with all new Black interiors and will appeal to customers who are looking for affordability in a premium sedan.

The company has also added new colors in the line-up of the new City apart from existing offering. It will now be offered in Carnelian Red Pearl and Sparkling Brown Metallic which have been first time introduced in the Honda line-up. The existing colour range includes - Taffeta White, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Bold Beige Metallic and Urban Titanium Metallic.

Speaking on the occasion Mr. Seki Inaba, Director Marketing, Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. said, “Honda City is one of the most successful car brands in the country and certainly the most desirable sedan in its category. Honda City has 11th time achieved No.1 Rank in JD Power Initial Quality Survey in the mid size segment which is a record in itself. It is our constant endeavor to study customers' emerging demand and introduce features that enhances the overall ownership experience. I am confident that the new range will appeal to our customers even more and will be the most admired offering in its category.”

The Honda City comes equipped with a 1.5L, 4 cylinder new generation i-VTEC engine that delivers a good balance of 118PS power along with excellent fuel economy of 16.8 km/l (Test results as per Rule 115 of CMVR). In line with the Honda’s policy of reducing impact on the environment the engine is E10 compliant and has Euro IV emission levels.

The Safety of passengers and pedestrians is a first priority for Honda. Honda City is fully loaded with various active and passive safety features as standard including ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) with Brake Assist (BA), Dual SRS airbags, pre-tensioner seat belts and G-CON (G-Force Control Technology) body with a high integrity survival zone. The front body structure of the Honda City ensures advanced pedestrian safety features.

The 3rd Generation Honda City has been the winner of numerous Auto Awards including the most prestigious ‘Indian Car of the Year 2009’ (ICOTY) Award. Its instant success is testified by the fact that it has sold nearly 1.36 lakh units since its launch in September 2008 and cumulatively 3.76 lakhs units since its first launch in India in 1998.

Bookings for the New City will start immediately at all Honda dealers nationwide however deliveries will begin from January 2012.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th December 2011 at 19:15. Reason: Putting in quote
bluevolt is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 12:23   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Autocar India scoop: 2012 Honda City Facelift pics

Not sure how accurate this website is

Honda City Facelift Launch Confirmed

Quote:
The price tag of the New Honda City starts from Rs. 7, 99,000 and ends up with Rs. 10, 53,520 in domestic market. The New Honda City is available in 6 models with the basic model, the Honda New City 1.5 E MT is priced at Rs. 7,99,000 whereas the top end model is priced at Rs. 10,53,520.
But if this is the new pricing, Honda seem to have gone the Jazz (original) route again!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 14th December 2011 at 12:26.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:23   #3
BHPian

Disappointing not to have ACC on this car. Does anyone know what exactly is the "Integrated Advanced Audio System" they speak of? Also, any updates on the prices?

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th December 2011 at 23:21. Reason: Please avoid quotinga long post specially when its on same page, thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 12:33   #4
BHPian

From the press release, it looks like no auto fold ORVM...thats bad, even Jazz has it :(
Old 14th December 2011, 12:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

New Website updated

:::Honda City - Exceptional is a performer:::

E-brochure
Attached Files
File Type: pdf eBrochure.pdf (2.71 MB, 5597 views)

Last edited by bluevolt : 14th December 2011 at 12:43.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:41   #6
Team-BHP Support

Bluevolt, I'm assuming that this is from the Honda press-release report? My views on the same:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

The New Honda City now comes with enhanced ground clearance of 165 mm, 5mm more than its predecessor giving it an extra bit of comfort on bumpy roads. The length of the new City is 4440 mm (20 mm longer than its predecessor).
5 mm is going to make all the difference? Lol. Honda needs to find the right balance between stiffness and softness for the City's (and other Honda cars') suspension settings. They've often got it too soft, and that would make the ride comfortable, but bouncy and patchy over rough surfaces and not very absorbing - and not to mention, the whole car hunkers down, a lot more than it should, when there are 4-5 adults in the car, and this renders the 165 (and specifically that extra 5 mm) useless.

Hope they've fixed it with this face-lift. I wouldn't keep my hopes up though.

Quote:
The introduction of new features like Cruise Control System and Turn indicators on ORVM in New City 1.5V and V(Sunroof) complement the look of the car and make it plush with a luxurious feel.
*clears throat* Yeeeessssss.. very luxurious. The feeling you get with cruise-control is all that wonderful plus luxurious feel. I look at it, and feel like I'm in a very expensive and luxurious car. I would lovee that. Just one thing? Where is the Auto-Climate-Control?

Quote:
The company has also added new colors in the line-up of the new City apart from existing offering. It will now be offered in Carnelian Red Pearl and Sparkling Brown Metallic which have been first time introduced in the Honda line-up. The existing colour range includes - Taffeta White, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Bold Beige Metallic and Urban Titanium Metallic.
*Oh no they didn't!* Where is that wonderful Deep-Sapphire-Blue colour option. They've done away with it, just like they've done with the Jazz! That's sad. It's a very nice colour.

Quote:
The Safety of passengers and pedestrians is a first priority for Honda. Honda City is fully loaded with various active and passive safety features as standard including ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) with Brake Assist (BA), Dual SRS airbags, pre-tensioner seat belts and G-CON (G-Force Control Technology) body with a high integrity survival zone. The front body structure of the Honda City ensures advanced pedestrian safety features.
Now Honda, you get a hat-tip from me, for this one. Good work with the City's safety-equipment. Although I'm assuming the base variant, and perhaps the one above that as well, wouldn't be equipped with the safety-features?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th December 2011 at 12:42.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 12:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Bluevolt, I'm assuming that this is from the Honda press-release report? My views on the same:
Yes it is from Honda press release.

I expect this to be dearer by 40-50K as prices are being revised under check price link for Honda city.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:47   #8
BHPian

Honda City facelift prices: City Corporate- Rs 6.99 lakh, E- Rs 7.70L, S- Rs 8.20L, V MT-8.70L, V AT- 9.42L
Old 14th December 2011, 12:52   #9
Team-BHP Support

The new City also has halogen lamps.

Love the rear tail-lamps and fog-lamps grill!

Sunroof - can pass on that somehow.

Quote:
5 mm is going to make all the difference? Lol. Honda needs to find the right balance between stiffness and softness for the City's (and other Honda cars') suspension settings. They've often got it too soft, and that would make the ride comfortable, but bouncy and patchy over rough surfaces and not very absorbing - and not to mention, the whole car hunkers down, a lot more than it should, when there are 4-5 adults in the car, and this renders the 165 (and specifically that extra 5 mm) useless.

Hope they've fixed it with this face-lift. I wouldn't keep my hopes up though.
I think even that 5mm will help. Even while normal driving, the bottom of the "old" City tends to touch something.

There were instances during my Valley of Flowers trip when a humble M800 had no problem clearing a fairly pot-holled road while my City scraped.

Quote:
Just one thing? Where is the Auto-Climate-Control?
You're not the only one asking!

Though I'm sadistically happy it's not there; my City doesn't have it and it would cause me immense pain to know a latter version has it!

Quote:
Now Honda, you get a hat-tip from me, for this one. Good work with the City's safety-equipment. Although I'm assuming the base variant, and perhaps the one above that as well, wouldn't be equipped with the safety-features?
As against someone's post, the Corporate edition indeed has *all* the safety features; so all variants of City are similarly equipped with safety features.

No additional features though.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 12:59   #10
BHPian

Price Difference

Honda City E MT 7.49 E-Rs 7.70L : 21K
Honda City S MT 8.20 S- Rs 8.20L : 0
Honda City V MT 8.65 V MT-8.70L : 5K
Honda City V AT 9.17 V AT-9.42L : 25K

A new variant has been launched Corporate at 6.99Lakhs
Old 14th December 2011, 12:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Here is how the facelift City looks -

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-wallpapers11280960.jpg

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-wallpapers21280960.jpg

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-wallpapers31280960.jpg

The tyre looks meatier but in specs sheet the size is same.

Last edited by bluevolt : 14th December 2011 at 13:01.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 13:00   #12
BHPian

ThiS is really a dampner from Honda. I believe that Honda thinks Indians to be a pretty gullible lot, given that there is no ACC even when miniature entrants have it...
Old 14th December 2011, 13:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
So today is the day Hope Honda does not dissappoint us and gives more features at a slightly reduced rate (like what they did with Jazz).

Guys, any idea on the time of the launch? And will the new cars be displayed in the showrooms from today itself?
I think calling price reduction in Jazz as a slight one is an understatement. If they repeat that one in City would be simply awesome.
In Diesel there is real cut-throat competition as almost all cars are reported as very good. But if you look at petrol all cars are reported as good but only after Honda City. Even for Rapid - Petrol it was reviewed as good but City is better.
So if they price it well, they'll be No.1 again very easily.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 13:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I think calling price reduction in Jazz as a slight one is an understatement. If they repeat that one in City would be simply awesome.
In Diesel there is real cut-throat competition as almost all cars are reported as very good. But if you look at petrol all cars are reported as good but only after Honda City. Even for Rapid - Petrol it was reviewed as good but City is better.
+1

You Exactly echoed my thoughts.

No C Segment "PETROL" sedan can match the Honda City.

I think the facelift is good for another two-three years till they bring a complete revamped model with a diesel engine OR who knows if we get an early surprise from Honda.

But yes I am again disappointed to see no ACC. They could have concentrated on ACC as it is more practical and useful feature than a Sun roof.

Anyhow let's see how market responds to this car in coming few months.

PS - Just called RR Honda, Pearl Honda, Classic Honda (NCR) and they confirmed that there is no discounts whatsoever on new models though few old models are available with hefty discounts. Deliveries will start only in January 2012.

Last edited by bluevolt : 14th December 2011 at 13:08.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 13:14   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I think even that 5mm will help. Even while normal driving, the bottom of the "old" City tends to touch something.

There were instances during my Valley of Flowers trip when a humble M800 had no problem clearing a fairly pot-holled road while my City scraped.
In that case, the people family of four upgrading from the old to the face-lift City, shouldn't not put on about 5 kgs extra, collectively, in order to ensure that their new City doesn't scrape the massive speed-breakers near Peenya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
You're not the only one asking!

Though I'm sadistically happy it's not there; my City doesn't have it and it would cause me immense pain to know a latter version has it!

Quote:
Here is how the facelift City looks -
I like how they say "Introducing the new City. Exception.." *grins*

The front looks a little different. It seems to have sprouted an extra vent right at the top of the grille. Nice!

Quote:
The tyre looks meatier but in specs sheet the size is same.
That's what photo-editing can do these days! *winks*
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks