Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 11:59   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

@parth, so did you finally buy that Fiesta? What was the final price that you negotiated them with and which dealer. Do post pictures and first feelings with the car.
Old 27th February 2010, 12:11   #137
BHPian

80 odd views and no replies..... !!!
Old 27th February 2010, 18:51   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprateep View Post
80 odd views and no replies..... !!!
Congrats on the SX4. It is really a fantastic car with loads of features. Sheer VFM. I own the old SX4. City driving in Blore with 50% AC use gives me around 11KMPL (Tank to tank over the last 2 measurements). The VVT is a better engine and should be giving you around 12 I guess
Old 27th February 2010, 22:52   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Congrats on the SX4. It is really a fantastic car with loads of features. Sheer VFM. I own the old SX4. City driving in Blore with 50% AC use gives me around 11KMPL (Tank to tank over the last 2 measurements). The VVT is a better engine and should be giving you around 12 I guess
thanks man - did a first round PDI of the car. Went outside the octroi zone and checked the car at the warehouse. Very dirty but no visible marks, scratches, dents etc.

Everyone was surprised with the 14 pager PDI list from tbhp that i carried today.

BTW just asking whether I should go for teflon coating and underbody protection from 3M. The dealer rates were 4500 and 4000 and was too high I guess.

Can anyone from Pune suggest where I should get

1. sunflims (brand and rates)
2. teflon & underbody protection (rates)
3. lumbar support
Old 27th February 2010, 23:17   #140
BHPian

Hi Suprateep,

Congrats on choosing the sx4! Its a great car!!

The mileage for normal city use would be about 9.5-10 with shifts at about 3k rpm. This with ac on throughout.

Dont bother with the teflon coating and underbody protection. Its a waste of money. just polish the car once a month. The bottom has been sprayed with some rubberised thingie. Get the monthly under chassis wash done once a month depending n the road conditions..

There is a thread where someone from Pune just bought the new sx in jan or so. Please run a search and go throught the thread for details on pricing, freebies etc. Its basically a first impression and ownership thread.

It also has the vin -decoding details in it.

Cheers!!
Old 28th February 2010, 10:23   #141
BHPian

thanks james.

I was probably not going the teflon way - the underbody protection thingy was something maybe I was looking at. Anyway the VIN confirms it is a Feb 2010 manufactured model - stroke of luck.

I am planning to do away with 12k worth of freebies (seat covers + steering cover + reverse sensor etc) and take a discount on the body kit. It retails for 29k - dealer confirmed that I could get it for 24-25k, so the body kit for 12-13k extra is I think good value.

Sunflim, tyres (if change needed - only from the handling part, noise is okay) - suggestions needed yet.
Old 28th February 2010, 16:01   #142
BHPian

CONGRATS on the purchase ..

With the rates of sedans going up in the budget and bagging a Feb 2010 model, you are all the more lucky ..

But is it the date of registration that is more relevant or the date of manufacture (when it comes to re-sale) ??

One query though ...

Wont the bodykit negate the advantage of high GC , which is one of the USPs of SX4 ??
Old 28th February 2010, 18:54   #143
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to do away with 12k worth of freebies (seat covers + steering cover + reverse sensor etc) and take a discount on the body kit. It retails for 29k - dealer confirmed that I could get it for 24-25k, so the body kit for 12-13k extra is I think good value.
Hey i forgot to mention, the body kit is only 21.5k fitted!!! their quote seems quite high to me!
Take art leather seat covers as the stock seat material gets dirty very fast. They cost 5.5-6k.
Steering cover is 550 or 850 bucks for the OE leather one.
Dont fit the mga reverse sensor. its rubbish. Get one from out for about 3.5k. I was going to fit the sensors but ive been managing quite well without them in the city since the past 3 odd months.
Check Xenos .

Last edited by james : 28th February 2010 at 18:57.
Old 28th February 2010, 23:00   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post
CONGRATS on the purchase ..

With the rates of sedans going up in the budget and bagging a Feb 2010 model, you are all the more lucky ..

But is it the date of registration that is more relevant or the date of manufacture (when it comes to re-sale) ??

One query though ...

Wont the bodykit negate the advantage of high GC , which is one of the USPs of SX4 ??
I had initially planned silver but landed with a white which had landed with the dealer some 4 days back - checked all details and shipping details from Gurgaon. So ideally the invoicing will be done at a back date. Till date I don't think Maruti has officially increased rates - this move might see a plethora of sales in March.

I just feel the sx4 looks complete with the body kit somehow - and I am still not planned to take the baby for some rough terrain riding yet. But yes the test drive car really went through some rough terrain going out of the octroi zone in Pune with the stockyard lying some 500ms from the main road. And it was all gravel with 30 degree inclines at some places. The AT glided through nicely so for normal city conditions I think the body kit would not be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Hey i forgot to mention, the body kit is only 21.5k fitted!!! their quote seems quite high to me!
Take art leather seat covers as the stock seat material gets dirty very fast. They cost 5.5-6k.
Steering cover is 550 or 850 bucks for the OE leather one.
Dont fit the mga reverse sensor. its rubbish. Get one from out for about 3.5k. I was going to fit the sensors but ive been managing quite well without them in the city since the past 3 odd months.
Check Xenos .
Yes I told the dealers about the price - in case I finalize they are gonna work on the rates. I will take your word and let go of the Maruti parking sensors and seatcovers even if I dont like them. Will take the body kit at a reduced price.

Sunflim yet to decide - preferably want something greyish or black - for the looks. 3M and Lumar seem popular choices on the forum.
Old 1st March 2010, 06:28   #145
Team-BHP Support

Sprateep, Just a curious question. You said its your first dream car? Does it mean is it your first CAR or the first DREAM car?

I can see your signature that you drove that you drove an 800!

Well any way congrats for the purchase. I think I did not see the colour mentioned (or did I miss it?). If it IS is your first car, then great, that your first itself is a BIG sedan. I know lots of first time folks (who have freshly learnt driving), in spite of having the power buy a big one, start with small cars or hatches! Congrats once again and drive safe.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:02   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sprateep, Just a curious question. You said its your first dream car? Does it mean is it your first CAR or the first DREAM car?

I can see your signature that you drove that you drove an 800!

Well any way congrats for the purchase. I think I did not see the colour mentioned (or did I miss it?). If it IS is your first car, then great, that your first itself is a BIG sedan. I know lots of first time folks (who have freshly learnt driving), in spite of having the power buy a big one, start with small cars or hatches! Congrats once again and drive safe.
Thanks mate. Well its officially my first car - always wanted a sedan from the start. I did own a few second hand cars in between shifting jobs and cities and delayed this purchase on grounds of job movement and onsite postings - but finally after putting down my papers for a much needed break from job life - I decided to purchase this sedan.

BTW its a white SX4.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:32   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Can anyone from Pune suggest where I should get

1. sunflims (brand and rates)
2. teflon & underbody protection (rates)
3. lumbar support
Check this thread for accessories shops in pune http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...int-shops.html

You may want to get in touch with recent SX4 owners like 'mrwalker' or 'devendradesh' from pune.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html
Old 1st March 2010, 15:53   #148
BHPian

Hi Suprateep,
Just saw your thread. I bought a SX4 ZXi in Jan in Pune, so PM me if you have any questions.
Old 1st March 2010, 18:10   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Check this thread for accessories shops in pune http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...int-shops.html

You may want to get in touch with recent SX4 owners like 'mrwalker' or 'devendradesh' from pune.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html
thanks mate - will do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Hi Suprateep,
Just saw your thread. I bought a SX4 ZXi in Jan in Pune, so PM me if you have any questions.
sure buddy. Already sent you a pm.
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:04   #150
BHPian

Hi,

Is any one got latest price & offers on GP/linea mjd in bengaluru, prerana motors still don't have the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks