Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2011, 22:46   #1501
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hi!
I went to check the Fiesta classic diesel today at planet Ford Pune.

I thought that Ford may have reduced the prices of classic diesel with the launch of the new Fiesta. I was quoted an OTR price of 9.63 L for Fiesta classic Sxi.

I asked him for offers and discounts if any ? The sales guy said that there are no offers currently and its 9.63 L which I will have to pay. No discounts what so ever!!.

Is any one aware of deals going on for the Fiesta classic diesel ?
I don't feel this pricing VFM in any way for a 6yr old model as now we have quite a lot of options.

Cheers,
Naj.
I was looking at the Fiesta Classic Petrol Sxi a month back and got just 20K in discounts.. When I asked for further discounts the sales guy was very stubborn.. pretty much take it or leave it.. even though for a few thousands more u could get a City SMT - with comparable if not more features. I guess the Sxi is a trim Ford does not intend to push. Also Ford could be deploying a "harvesting" pricing strategy.. raise / maintain the prices without any promotions and other expenses.. usually done in the fag end of a product life cycle.
Old 29th September 2011, 23:42   #1502
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I was informed today that Skoda is hiking prices from 1st Oct. and tomorrow is only the day were we can book at current prices. SE also came up with a discount of 15K for Laura Diesel and 25K for Laura Petrol. This is without negotiating.
Laura lovers are you listening?
Old 30th September 2011, 02:03   #1503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala.V
I was informed today that Skoda is hiking prices from 1st Oct. and tomorrow is only the day were we can book at current prices. SE also came up with a discount of 15K for Laura Diesel and 25K for Laura Petrol. This is without negotiating.
Laura lovers are you listening?
Even I got similar spiel from TAFE. But he told me 1L discount on Laura Tsi without negotiation.
Old 1st October 2011, 14:32   #1504
BHPian

I checked the Ford Fiesta Classic SXi Diesel out in Mumbai today. Loved the Test Drive and alll. I got a quoted the following
Showroom Price 858995
Essential Pack 2200
Depot Charges 3000
Insurance 30770
Registration 67630
3rd yr warranty 7990
Discount - 5000
Total 964585

Is this a good deal? The dealer even refused corp discounts and any other accesories. Sounds a little pricey for a VFM sedan

Please let me know your views on this pricing. Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 14:38   #1505
BHPian

Same story here...I got a discount of only INR 5000. Weird :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hi!
I went to check the Fiesta classic diesel today at planet Ford Pune.

I thought that Ford may have reduced the prices of classic diesel with the launch of the new Fiesta. I was quoted an OTR price of 9.63 L for Fiesta classic Sxi.

I asked him for offers and discounts if any ? The sales guy said that there are no offers currently and its 9.63 L which I will have to pay. No discounts what so ever!!.

Is any one aware of deals going on for the Fiesta classic diesel ?
I don't feel this pricing VFM in any way for a 6yr old model as now we have quite a lot of options.

Cheers,
Naj.
Old 1st October 2011, 18:39   #1506
BHPian

Just back from Times Auto Expo in Pune. I enquired about Polo 1.6, Jazz X, City and Fiesta Classic. The offers were:

Jazz X (Crystal Honda)
- INR 7,05,605 ORP
- Includes RSA + 2 yrs extended warranty + Zero Dep Insurance
- Zero discount
- 6 months waiting

City E MT (Crystal Honda)
- INR 8,59,600 ORP
- Includes RSA + 2 yrs extended warranty + Zero Dep Insurance
- 50k cash discount on above price i.e. INR 8,09,600
- Mentioned that the discounts have been reduced lately
- Was not sure of availability; but said that it should be within couple of weeks if not immediately
- Mentioned that cash discount on S MT would be higher

Polo 1.6 (Vidyut Motors)
- INR 7,16,375 ORP
- Choice between earlier scheme combo (6.99% interest rate on finance, free insurance, etc.) OR Breeze edition scheme
- Available immediately
- Add INR 5909 for Zero Dep Insurance

Fiesta Classic (Planet Ford)
- CLXi Petrol: INR 7,02,148 ORP
- CLXi Diesel: INR 8,01,232 ORP
- Corporate discount can be availed
- No other discounts

Vidyut Motors: The sales guy did not have much knowledge about the car and he admitted it! There were at least three sales guys - none of them was interested in showing the cars to customers. The one that attended (finally) said that most people are not serious buyers and ask for test drive just to have fun. Jetta on display was locked; when customers asked him, he said "The key is with other guys who are not here right now".

I had a TD of Jazz yesterday through Deccan Honda. He said the waiting period for Jazz is minimum 4 months and can go up to 6 months. The sales guy had mentioned that City E MT has 50k cash discount and free insurance while the sales guy at Crystal Honda did not mention the "free insurance" part.
Old 2nd October 2011, 19:40   #1507

Honda City purchase - Need your wise counsel pl.

Hi Guys,

Am in the process of finalizing my dream purchase – Honda City SMT. Happened to visit a Honda Dealer in my neighbourhood viz; Apex Honda and encountered a few issues for which I need your wise counsel. (BTW this is my first purchase although my family used to own a car earlier.) The issues are as under:
1. Car registration: I am a permanent resident of Mumbai, however we own another residence in Navi Mumbai which stands in my mother’s name. Is it possible for me to purchase the vehicle in Navi Mumbai in my name and avoid the octroi? (Note: The vehicle must be registered in my name since my office provides fuel allowance). As proof of residence, we have property tax papers, electricity bills but all in my mom’s name. Please note that the intent is to avoid and NOT to evade the octroi, since my family already owns a house there, hence I want it to be a complete above-the- board legal transaction.
2. Insurance: As per the sales rep, Honda is offering Honda Assure which would cost me some Rs.25,000 with a choice of 5 different insurance agencies i.e Bajaj Allianz, Royal Sundaram, Universal Sampo, National Insurance and another agency. From the ownership accounts on Teambhp, I think Bajaj Allianz would be the right choice. But they are going to charge me Rs.6000 more for a zero depreciation policy. Should I opt for the Honda Assure or select another insurer independently like ICICI Lombard? Also in case i do select the Honda Assure plan, is it comprehensive enough (ie inclusive of third party insurance,etc)
3. Is the road side assistance package recommended or should I drop it?
4. I learnt from a friend that it is possible to register the car on your own and could save a neat sum which could be used for doing up the interiors. Is it advisable to do so or is it too much of an hassle (i.e greasing palms, paperwork, yada yada, yada)?
5. Lastly, the dealer is offering me Rs 75000/- cash discount and the following accessories free:
Body cover, floor mats, Teflon coating and sunfilm (Garware). Is it’s a good deal or should I hold out for more?

Thanks and Regards
Old 3rd October 2011, 08:20   #1508
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City purchase - Need your wise counsel pl.

@Cheshirecat,

I have tried to answer your queries point wise

1) I think it is possible to get the car registered in your name even in Navi Mumbai with your mothers proof of residence as a valid document. Not very sure, pls get it clarified with the Navi Mumbai dealer.
2) It is always better to search and buy Insurance on your own for a new car. If you shop around you will get a good deal for online buys from most of the Insurance co. Go for those Ins co which have cashless tie ups with Honda workshop.
3) It is better to have a RSA taken but instead of the Teflon coating ask for the RSA.
4) You could register the car on your won but is more of a hassle than a help. Better to get it done through the dealer.
5) See point 3. rest of the accessories are OK.

Hope the above info helps.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:37   #1509
BHPian

Does anybody know what will be the on road price of i10 Sportz MT at Bangalore taking into consideration the current discounts being offered ?
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:47   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv1 View Post
I checked the Ford Fiesta Classic SXi Diesel out in Mumbai today. Loved the Test Drive and alll. I got a quoted the following
Showroom Price 858995
Essential Pack 2200
Depot Charges 3000
Insurance 30770
Registration 67630
3rd yr warranty 7990
Discount - 5000
Total 964585

Is this a good deal? The dealer even refused corp discounts and any other accesories. Sounds a little pricey for a VFM sedan

9.6l for Fiesta Classic. Thats defintely pricey IMO. If you are after Diesel sedans then my suggestion is to check out Linea and Optra as well. XUV is not far away from the quoted price so thats also an option.

Last edited by C300 : 3rd October 2011 at 11:50. Reason: Formatting
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:47   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv1 View Post
Showroom Price 858995
Essential Pack 2200
Depot Charges 3000
Insurance 30770
Registration 67630
3rd yr warranty 7990
Discount - 5000
Total 964585

Unless, you for sure want a diesel only, the Honda CITY S at sub 9 OTR Bombay is more value for money.
If diesel is only what you want, Vendo highline @ 10.56 OTR Bombay is much more value.

The Fiesta Classic with that bullock cart engine (with respect to the segment and available price) is a sure NO.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:54   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
If diesel is only what you want, Vendo highline @ 10.56 OTR Bombay is much more value.
Are you sure Vento OTR is 10.56L? I was under impression its close to 12L with new set of features.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:58   #1513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Are you sure Vento OTR is 10.56L? I was under impression its close to 12L with new set of features.
Source : New Cars in India | Car Prices in India | Car India | Indian Cars

Maybe, this is for the older Highline, but the new Highline cannot be 1.5 laks on top of this. Max it would be is 40-50k (hope I am right). Why does VW not have prices on its site OR maybe I am not able to find it.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-vwvento.jpg  

Last edited by dipen : 3rd October 2011 at 12:03.
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:04   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
This is old quote. The price of Vento HL Diesel has increased twice in past 4 months. New features include steering controls, RCD 310 HU, Reverse parking sensors. And the interior surveillance system has been removed. Recently our forum member Ninjatalli got the new Vento from Pune. You can check his ownership thread for more details.
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:04   #1515
Senior - BHPian

I am sure this is the old ex-showroom. Blr ex-showroom is now 9.9L with the new features so Mumbai should be in same ballpark.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks