Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 23:13   #1621
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

The catch(es) with the 9.9 plan are 2 as per the conversation i had with the dealer i am in touch with

1. only applicable on a loan for 3 years , nothing more.
2. mandatory minimum financing amount of 80-85% of the value of the car

the logic is pretty clear , by making u have a larger loan they get more interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyworld View Post
I got a call from Skoda Dealer. He was offering 50k cash discount + 9.99% rate of interest on Fabia 1.6 or Fabia 1.2 top end. This was just on the phone. I am sure more cash discount can be wiggled out.

Can someone explain me what is the catch with this 9.99% rate of interest?
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 00:00   #1622
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
The catch(es) with the 9.9 plan are 2 as per the conversation i had with the dealer i am in touch with

1. only applicable on a loan for 3 years , nothing more.
2. mandatory minimum financing amount of 80-85% of the value of the car

the logic is pretty clear , by making u have a larger loan they get more interest.

There could be one more - that the interest in not based on reducing principal.
I have heard of such offers being made.
Old 5th November 2011, 16:46   #1623
BHPian

I am offered last price on fiat punto active 1.3 MJD after many negotiations @5.20L OTR.
Is it a good deal ??Car is manufactured in september 2011.
I also own a linea should i go for second fiat car?
Old 5th November 2011, 22:36   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
I am offered last price on fiat punto active 1.3 MJD after many negotiations @5.20L OTR.
I cannot comment on the price part but I find it incredible that after owing a FIAT already you are asking for advice on a 2nd one!!
I would imagine that you'd rather advise others on it -
wickedchauhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 10:00   #1625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are happy with Linea, then a second Fiat should not be a problem. As Fiat has dismal sales, try for a round 5L. Low sales coupled with end-of-year slump should help you.

By the way how much are they offering the 90HP diesel version for? In the long run that may be a better buy.
Old 6th November 2011, 12:31   #1626
Senior - BHPian

the sales agent did not specify that to me but i wont be surprised if that is also a clause , will remember to check when i go for the TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedchauhan View Post
There could be one more - that the interest in not based on reducing principal.
I have heard of such offers being made.
Old 6th November 2011, 13:09   #1627
Senior - BHPian

the Times of India today and Hindustan times yesterday carried the following

1. Savings of 100,000 on the Fabia (HT)
2. Skoda Yeti at 13.99 lacs (TOI)

Both carried the 9.99 percent interest rate plan as well
Old 6th November 2011, 13:16   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
the Times of India today and Hindustan times yesterday carried the following

1. Savings of 100,000 on the Fabia (HT)
2. Skoda Yeti at 13.99 lacs (TOI)

Both carried the 9.99 percent interest rate plan as well
Do you have a link for this by any chance?
Thanks in advance
Old 6th November 2011, 22:21   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Folks, whats the current offer available for Alto K10 in Chennai? Is Maruti giving any offers for Zen Estilo too?
Old 6th November 2011, 22:24   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A Fiat Grande Punto Diesel for the said price is a fantastic deal. This has to be the best value for money diesel car. The engine is reliable, the car in general is hassle free to own & TATA do manage to support Fiat cars quite well. I say Go for it.
Old 7th November 2011, 10:26   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Here you go

:: Loading ::

Quote:
Do you have a link for this by any chance?
Thanks in advance
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 11:14   #1632
BHPian

Has Honda silently reduced the ex-showroom prices of Honda city again?

I received a call from a dealer who just informed me that the Honda has reduced the ex-showroom prices of the base model by 45K.

I do not see any announcement on the Honda website and the price On road quoted to me now is worse than last month. Last month, the base model was quoted to me at 8.40 OTR and now the dealer is quoting me 8.51OTR.

When pressed for further details, he said Honda hasn't reduced the price but the dealer has which I frankly find hard to believe.

Does anyone has information on this. If true I think this price would be the price of the facelift Honda city.

Does it make sense to go for Honda city right now or wait a little more to get a better deal? Please advise
Old 7th November 2011, 13:01   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Re: Has Honda silently reduced the ex-showroom prices of Honda city again?

Quote:
I received a call from a dealer who just informed me that the Honda has reduced the ex-showroom prices of the base model by 45K
Are you talking about the same dealer (from whom you got a call) in the para below? Or a different one?

Quote:
...... Last month, the base model was quoted to me at 8.40 OTR and now the dealer is quoting me 8.51OTR
Your posts seem to contradict. If the prices are reduced, it would amount to to a less OTR price now. Or am I missing something here?

Quote:
When pressed for further details, he said Honda hasn't reduced the price but the dealer has which I frankly find hard to believe.
IMO, The dealer could be true. May be he has a huge pile up of the base variants in his inventory that he wants to get rid off. Check out the VIN of the vehicles to prove the same.

Quote:
.......If true I think this price would be the price of the face lift Honda city.
Dream on!! It defies logic. If at all there is a price cut now, it could only be attributed to the stock clearing activity by the dealer

Quote:
Does it make sense to go for Honda city right now or wait a little more to get a better deal? Please advise
If all that you need is a better deal (read price) then this is the right time to buy. Do not expect the face lift version to be priced below the out going version. Now the ball is in your court!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 7th November 2011 at 13:02.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 13:51   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Are you talking about the same dealer (from whom you got a call) in the para below? Or a different one?

Your posts seem to contradict. If the prices are reduced, it would amount to to a less OTR price now. Or am I missing something here?

IMO, The dealer could be true. May be he has a huge pile up of the base variants in his inventory that he wants to get rid off. Check out the VIN of the vehicles to prove the same.

Dream on!! It defies logic. If at all there is a price cut now, it could only be attributed to the stock clearing activity by the dealer

If all that you need is a better deal (read price) then this is the right time to buy. Do not expect the face lift version to be priced below the out going version. Now the ball is in your court!
Yes, I am talking about the same dealer.
What I was trying to say was that the dealer was quoting me 8.4 OTR ( after some rounds of negotiations) and is now quoting me 8.51 OTR with no scope of negotiation.
He tells me he has only 2 available in base variant and I verified this with two different SA's of the same dealership.
Old 7th November 2011, 15:03   #1635
BHPian

City is going for enhancement next year and dealers are pushing the cars available with them.
Be careful though - you might get a TD vehicle.
But otherwise, several dealers will push stocks at year end with additional discounts.

Most Viewed