Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2011, 11:53   #1756
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasana_19 View Post
Thanks for your help dude. Booked a sandrift grey BEAT diesel yesterday. Also, waiting for the december offer to be announced by GM. However, now again am in a dilemma, whether to go for LS or PS model (no money for LT model :( )the major differences between LS and PS are tinted glass and front power windows. what do you suggest buddy?
If the cost increase is justified for the front power windows (5-6K) and tinted glass (say, 10K), then go for PS, else get the LS and install the goodies from a third party. Note that what ever you pay extra for ex-showroom, increases both the insurance and road tax, so calculate the difference in the OTR price.
Old 3rd December 2011, 11:57   #1757
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If the cost increase is justified for the front power windows (5-6K) and tinted glass (say, 10K), then go for PS, else get the LS and install the goodies from a third party. Note that what ever you pay extra for ex-showroom, increases both the insurance and road tax, so calculate the difference in the OTR price.

I didn't post it properly, apologies dude.. PS (Basic) version doesn't have tinted glass, front power windows, split seats and head rest. Rest everything is same with LS version (mid variant). Difference in cost is cool 43,000 between PS and LS. BTW, what do you mean by tinted glass, is that only the sun film or anything extra, if it's only film i can put it outside. Pls help. Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:28   #1758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't post it properly, apologies dude.. PS (Basic) version doesn't have tinted glass, front power windows, split seats and head rest. Rest everything is same with LS version (mid variant). Difference in cost is cool 43,000 between PS and LS. BTW, what do you mean by tinted glass, is that only the sun film or anything extra, if it's only film i can put it outside. Pls help. Thanks.
Is the cost difference OTR. If so then it is not a bad buy.

Tinted glass is literally that. The glass is coloured (tinted), no add on film. The colouring is very light, so it is legal. At the same time it rejects UV effectively, a boon in coastal regions. I remember that my Fiat 1100 had a tinted windshield, which was OK in Delhi, but once I drove to Bombay, it offered excellent protection against sun. Even my Esteem VX came with tinted windshield.
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:33   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Is the cost difference OTR. If so then it is not a bad buy.

Tinted glass is literally that. The glass is coloured (tinted), no add on film. The colouring is very light, so it is legal. At the same time it rejects UV effectively, a boon in coastal regions. I remember that my Fiat 1100 had a tinted windshield, which was OK in Delhi, but once I drove to Bombay, it offered excellent protection against sun. Even my Esteem VX came with tinted windshield.

Yeah it's OTR only, but the dealer has agreed to provide 3M sun film (which one is better tinted glass or a better sun film or both are same) am extremely sorry am very poor in this technicals & LS ORVM as a free accessory with PS version too. The only thing which i would miss badly is front power windows, Is that deal ok still?

P.S: Thanks a ton to team-bhp, to you and all fellow bhpians, am getting quick response for all my queries here.
Old 3rd December 2011, 13:26   #1760
BHPian

Does anyone know about any ongoing discounts for the Etios Diesel?

We're looking to book the V variant in silver colour. Should I wait till mid December for any year end discounts? We usually keep our cars for 6-7years hence resale is not an issue.
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:40   #1761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah it's OTR only, but the dealer has agreed to provide 3M sun film (which one is better tinted glass or a better sun film or both are same) am extremely sorry am very poor in this technicals & LS ORVM as a free accessory with PS version too. The only thing which i would miss badly is front power windows, Is that deal ok still?

P.S: Thanks a ton to team-bhp, to you and all fellow bhpians, am getting quick response for all my queries here.
. Tinted glass is better than film (and much more expensive)
. Power windows is an easily fitted accessory (at least for most cars), LS ORVM is at the most a 2K job (normally 1K).
. Head rests may be a problem

So if you are getting nearly 40K discount, and the accessories are FREE, go ahead. If the dealer is charging you for the accessories, then not that great a deal.
Old 4th December 2011, 01:46   #1762
BHPian

I checked with trident today on BEAT diesel. SA said the current price will stay till December 15 only !. The new price is going to be 30 to 35K higher as per the sa from january . If GM does that then BEAT wont be getting the current demand itself !! hg
Old 4th December 2011, 01:53   #1763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
I checked with trident today on BEAT diesel. SA said the current price will stay till December 15 only !. The new price is going to be 30 to 35K higher as per the SA from January . If GM does that then BEAT wont be getting the current demand itself! hg
I guess GM is going to update the Beat soon?? maybe the SA is talking about that. but 30k is a bit too much for some cosmetic change IMHO
Old 4th December 2011, 11:07   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I guess GM is going to update the Beat soon?? maybe the SA is talking about that. but 30k is a bit too much for some cosmetic change IMHO
There will be no cosmetic changes. The current price is introductory price only as per SA. Also Beat will have few changes (not worthy) but will come very late only to India. Still even in that they didnt do anything for low seat height and boot space.

If GM increases price very much, that will be end of GM in india ..only thier beat sells now, though not in very high demand

hg
Old 4th December 2011, 13:35   #1765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
I checked with trident today on BEAT diesel. SA said the current price will stay till December 15 only !. The new price is going to be 30 to 35K higher as per the sa from january . If GM does that then BEAT wont be getting the current demand itself !! hg
Why is it everytime we consult a SA , he talks about a price increase in upcoming months ?!

This is nothing but a marketing tactics.
Since december is a month of low sales (people don't prefer buying one in year end for various reasons), he is trying push you for the purchase.

There will not be any significant development about beat in the coming months unless chevy brings on the facelifted version. Unless govt imposes taxes on diesel cars, prices won't vary.

I personally feel LS variant is not exactly the best variant of Beat.
Either you go for the LT variant which is fully loaded or stick to the PS variant.

Money saved with PS variant can fetch you
- Remote locking system
- After market audio
- Other essentials like Seat cover,glass lamination etc.

Only front power windows is what you may miss. I don't think it will be a significant loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Look at the discounts and also the marketing strategy
I am sure a new chapter will added to my book of IQ.
Can someone explain me how both petrol and diesel equivalents can deliver same fuel economy ?
Both city and the verna 1.6crdi(I guess it is) deliver 14 kmpl on an average ?!

What about the maintenance cost ?
80Ks for diesel against 40Ks for petrol ! Why ?

Resale value was the most hilarious part.
They think honda city will fetch 4 lakhs in 2017

This ad will still confuse the costumers though

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th December 2011 at 19:40.
Old 5th December 2011, 19:11   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
In case of Brio, first thing you can expect is delay, big one. Although the SE might say anything, we know Honda is badly hit and wounded as of now. Whereas, Polo you should get off the shelf.

My question to you, why Comfortline variant? Either you buy Trendline and save some bucks or put some more and get Highline. Comfortline is like cheating IMO. No real value add to the TL variant and still pay 30-40k extra. I would suggest stretch and go for HL, which should be around 7 L in Bangalore.

I have uploaded Brio price list few pages back. Add at least 40-50k to the OTR price in Pune and you can get Bangalore price.
Thanks Ajay, you are right. For now, its 1.2 Petrol TL suit my budget the best. Here is the deal from VW Downtown, let me know if it sounds good:
I can either choose Breeze offer or Bouquet offer:
Breeze offer: Navigation Satellite system + Leather seat covers + Distance Parking control + Breeze Pillows + Stickers & Branding + 8000 Worth accessories
Bouquet offer: Free Insurance (17039), Accessories worth (15000), AMC for 3 years (18000), Exchange bonus (15000), 6.99% VW Financing for 3 years
*One can choose up to 40,000 worth of stuff only in Bouquet offer. I am planning to opt free insurance + 6.99% financing (EMI per lack is 2071 for 5 years) and Accessories worth 15000 in which case I might have to end up paying differential if it exceeds 40000.
Now the deal:
Base price – 463093
Road tax – 66825
Registration charges – 6000
Essential kit – 2850
Total payable = 5,38,768
Corporate discount – 8000 (10,000 on CL and HL) = 5,30,768 (TL)
Booked within 2 days – 10000 (Only on HL)
Now, the sales guy calls me:
Sir we have no 1.2L (TL) Petrol in stock and that I must choose wither CL or HL. I am particular about White color and it seems the stock will arrive only in Jan 2012. Note the offer is valid only for this year.
Need to hear from Polo owners what deal they got for 1.2 TL Petrol?
Old 5th December 2011, 19:25   #1767
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
I can either choose Breeze offer or Bouquet offer:
Breeze offer: Navigation Satellite system + Leather seat covers + Distance Parking control + Breeze Pillows + Stickers & Branding + 8000 Worth accessories
Bouquet offer: Free Insurance (17039), Accessories worth (15000), AMC for 3 years (18000), Exchange bonus (15000), 6.99% VW Financing for 3 years
*One can choose up to 40,000 worth of stuff only in Bouquet offer. I am planning to opt free insurance + 6.99% financing (EMI per lack is 2071 for 5 years) and Accessories worth 15000 in which case I might have to end up paying differential if it exceeds 40000.
Why don't you consider Free Insurance and AMC for 3 years (total ~35k) and the rest 5k as accessories.

AMC would make better sense.
Old 6th December 2011, 13:52   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Why don't you consider Free Insurance and AMC for 3 years (total ~35k) and the rest 5k as accessories.

AMC would make better sense.
The SE guys says, it may not be necessory to go for AMC as the car comes with 2 yrs unlimited Kms warranty. Also the cost of service is quite low as it will be only 1 service per year.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:42   #1769
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Tata Motors deals to corporates:

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-tat-cars-emailer.jpg

Tata Motors Dealer Corporate Sales Team Dec'11.pdf
Old 6th December 2011, 15:53   #1770
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea T-Jet+:

One person in my office sealed a deal on T-Jet+ at 8.8 lacs OTR with 10k goodies.

Most Viewed