Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 00:24   #1831
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Is there a 20K difference on the on road price of XUV 500 from booking to delivery this week , any bangalore W6 owners who can put a light on your on road price in dec and booking on road price difference .
Old 15th December 2011, 04:32   #1832
Senior - BHPian

Re: Killer deal on Merc E 200

Maybe hushed up in Bombay but the deal was advertised in both of the major daily's Delhi weekend editions a fortnight back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
AFAIK this one has going on since about 10-15 days. Its very hush-hush so not many people know about it.
Old 15th December 2011, 09:02   #1833
BHPian

Probably they should consider adding 3 year free Insurance as well
Old 15th December 2011, 09:56   #1834
BHPian

They had contacted me with a deal on the E200 at the start of the month. The OTR of the Car was 46lakhs and they had offered the the car to me at an OTR of 40lakhs and additionally the Petrol Card worth 2lakhs. I'm surprised with this OTR of 34lakhs. Are you sure it is the OTR and not the ex showroom price?
Old 15th December 2011, 11:37   #1835
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

On road Prices for variants of New Fiesta D in Kannur, Kerala
  1. Style - 10,36,000
  2. Trend - 10,90,000
  3. Titanium - 11,34,000
  4. Titanium+ - 11,61,000
Further Rs.28k discount on the above prices. Since pure driving pleasure is whats on my mind, I have a strong inclination to go the base style which anyway has the essential ABS and Airbags.

What say folks?
Old 15th December 2011, 13:15   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
What was the original OTR. How much is the cash discount?
Original on-road is 44.5 lacs - Mumbai, Individual.

So discount comes to almost 10.5 lacs without counting the petrol card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
They had contacted me with a deal on the E200 at the start of the month. The OTR of the Car was 46lakhs and they had offered the the car to me at an OTR of 40lakhs and additionally the Petrol Card worth 2lakhs. I'm surprised with this OTR of 34lakhs. Are you sure it is the OTR and not the ex showroom price?
Yes - very sure its on-road including registration and insurance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Maybe hushed up in Bombay but the deal was advertised in both of the major daily's Delhi weekend editions a fortnight back.
Pls check the figures again. Its way below what was advertised in Mumbai as well as Delhi. The only thing common is the petrol card.

@ACM - I'm not too sure about the cars having the new COMAND system. Might be the older cars without that hence the deal.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th December 2011 at 23:19.
Old 15th December 2011, 16:19   #1837
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread merged.
Old 15th December 2011, 19:13   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Figures! What figures??
My only point was that there was nothing hush hush about the deal as it was advertised openly in Dilli-NCR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Pls check the figures again. Its way below what was advertised in Mumbai as well as Delhi. The only thing common is the petrol card.
Old 16th December 2011, 08:46   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
At Chennai

Ex-Showroom - Rs. 1,035,293
Regn & Tax - Rs. 166,254
Insurance - Rs. 37,001
Essential Pack - Rs. 6,800 (includes 3M)
On-Road - Rs. 1,245,348

You are a lucky guy getting the Titanium at almost 1 Lakh cheaper.
Just heard on that the New Fiesta Diesel Discount up to Rs.35k in if you are a Doctor or Corporate !
Old 16th December 2011, 09:43   #1840
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickster View Post
Just heard on that the New Fiesta Diesel Discount up to Rs.35k in if you are a Doctor or Corporate !
Well, i am neither

While driving home yesterday via Chennai's bad roads, i had my Fusion's bottom slightly scraped on the road. This has put me into a big confusion as with 197 mm of GC, if the roads get to touch the car's bottom, what will happen with 168 mm of GC? God, this is getting no where.
Old 16th December 2011, 11:49   #1841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, i am neither

While driving home yesterday via Chennai's bad roads, i had my Fusion's bottom slightly scraped on the road. This has put me into a big confusion as with 197 mm of GC, if the roads get to touch the car's bottom, what will happen with 168 mm of GC? God, this is getting no where.
It is not only GC but the wheel base, especially for speed breakers. The longer the wheel base the smaller the angle between the wheels and the car bottom, and more chances of a curved speed breaker hitting the bottom. That is why Alto with its 160+mm GC scrapes a lot less than 190+mm GC long wheel base vehicle.
Old 16th December 2011, 13:04   #1842
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
It is not only GC but the wheel base, especially for speed breakers. The longer the wheel base the smaller the angle between the wheels and the car bottom, and more chances of a curved speed breaker hitting the bottom. That is why Alto with its 160+mm GC scrapes a lot less than 190+mm GC long wheel base vehicle.
Your point is right, but this is true in the case of speed breakers. But in case of uneven road surface, damaged by truck movement (the ones with deep trenches made by tyres and the elevated surface in the middle); these cause a lot of problem for low GC vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickster View Post
My dealer just called and offered a Rs. 35 K discount for everybody . This means Dr.s and corporate get more

Last edited by MAS : 16th December 2011 at 13:17.
Old 16th December 2011, 13:10   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
My dealer just called and offered a Rs. 35 K discount for everybody . This means Dr.s and corporate get more
Good going! Rs.35k for docs and corporates and for the general public also? I am booking the Fiesta D style
Old 16th December 2011, 13:23   #1844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your point is right, but this is true in the case of speed breakers. But in case of uneven road surface, damaged by truck movement (the ones with deep trenches made by tyres and the elevated surface in the middle) cause a lot of problem with low GC vehicles.
What holds for speed breakers, holds for deep trenches also. For potholes bigger diameter wheels fare much better than smaller wheels (which can drop in fully in some cases!)

Where higher GC matters is in case of boulders. Here the wheels are outside the boulder, so it is the GC that determines how large boulders you can traverse. For deep ruts, especially where created by larger vehicles, a narrower track is the best solution. I have traveled in an Omni, which zipped between deep ruts created by trucks. On the same road, the wider tracked SUV had to travel with wheels on one side in, and the wheels on the other side out of the deep (> 15") ruts.
Old 18th December 2011, 18:48   #1845
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Visited Chennai Ford yesterday. I will be going in for the Titanium Plus. I finally got a discount for 38 K with the mats, mud flaps and 3M wax polish as free. The OTR in Chennai is 12.42 Lakhs (originally 12.80 Lakhs).

Most Viewed