Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 09:57   #1891
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Again, I agree it has to do with the state road tax, but as I said 12L for Vento in any state is a BIG NO.
I agree. 12L is a lot of cash. Another Member on the Vento Test Drive thread has posted that the price hike is around 4% which IMHO is very steep.

This makes the Linea and the Optra even more VFM. Infact can this rub off on Fiat sales in the coming months?

Quote:
No clue on this Mohit, no clue how it works NCR either.
Well basically if you plan to stay in Bangalore for a long time then you will be stopped by the cops every now and then. And you will end up paying the Tax or getting your car impounded.

On the other hand in Delhi its different. Since its just a small city there are lacs of cars which come inside Delhi from Gurgaon ( HR), Noida ( UP) and other neighboring states on a daily basis. So there is no way for the cops to find out which car has defaulted on the Tax and you can happily get your car registered in Chandigarh and other nearby cities where the Road tax is considerably less. Last time I cheked the road tax in Delhi - 10.5% , HR - 6%, CHandigarh- 3% , Uttarakhand - 2.5%.

PS: Have you disabled some setting in your account? I didn't get any PM intimidating me about you quoting my post.

Last edited by drmohitg : 4th January 2012 at 09:58.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 10:09   #1892
BANNED

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
I agree. 12L is a lot of cash. Another Member on the Vento Test Drive thread has posted that the price hike is around 4% which IMHO is very steep.

This makes the Linea and the Optra even more VFM. Infact can this rub off on Fiat sales in the coming months?
Mohit, we are basically trying to point out the same thing to Skaja, please plonk 12L in a wiser manner.

Pardon me, but as I was reading through TBHP, came across this link from ACI, which highly ranks the Optra -

New Fiat Linea, Grande Punto review, test drive - Review - Autocar India

Quote:
Well basically if you plan to stay in Bangalore for a long time then you will be stopped by the cops every now and then. And you will end up paying the Tax or getting your car impounded.

On the other hand in Delhi its different. Since its just a small city there are lacs of cars which come inside Delhi from Gurgaon ( HR), Noida ( UP) and other neighboring states on a daily basis. So there is no way for the cops to find out which car has defaulted on the Tax and you can happily get your car registered in Chandigarh and other nearby cities where the Road tax is considerably less. Last time I cheked the road tax in Delhi - 10.5% , HR - 6%, CHandigarh- 3% , Uttarakhand - 2.5%.

PS: Have you disabled some setting in your account? I didn't get any PM intimidating me about you quoting my post.
Thanks for the inputs on the %'s there.

I did change some settings about 2 weeks back, I have changed them again, can you please confirm if you are receiving the PM's.

Mohit, on the lighter vein, the PM's are not meant for intimidation but intimation, why would folks @ TBHP intimidate you, ha ha, good one to kick off the day !!

Cheers Mate.

Last edited by Torquedo : 4th January 2012 at 10:14.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:53   #1893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Thanks for the inputs on the %'s there.
You are welcome.

The Optra is a good car. Only problem is in todays age most people are looking for a wholesome package which includes exteriors and gadgets too. The Optra loses out on the above. Also a total absence from the TV advertisement scene is hurting the car. Most members including me forget that even Optra exists in the C segment cars. I can't imagine the common man outside to be aware of the same.
Anyways lets not get too off-topic here.

Quote:
I did change some settings about 2 weeks back, I have changed them again, can you please confirm if you are receiving the PM's.
No PM for this post too.

Quote:
Mohit, on the lighter vein, the PM's are not meant for intimidation but intimation, why would folks @ TBHP intimidate you, ha ha, good one to kick off the day !!

Cheers Mate.
I am sorry for the mistake.
The result of too much caffeine in your veins!
Old 4th January 2012, 16:20   #1894
BHPian

Not sure if this is posted before:

A colleague of mine says, her sister can get anyone upto 30K employee discounts on GM cars. PM me if interested.
Old 4th January 2012, 18:41   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post

A colleague of mine says, her sister can get anyone upto 30K employee discounts on GM cars. PM me if interested.
arrgh! you should have told me a month earlier, I could have got the ABS+Airbag version for my Beat which is supposed to delivered on Friday.
Old 4th January 2012, 18:56   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
arrgh! you should have told me a month earlier, I could have got the ABS+Airbag version for my Beat which is supposed to delivered on Friday.
how I wish; I got to know only this evening!
Old 4th January 2012, 18:58   #1897
BHPian

Quote:

How does it workout if the buyer is not entitled for that employee discounts. Is it some sort of referral thingy.
Old 4th January 2012, 19:03   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, No problems, I was just talking in retrospect, unless something can be done now about it right now?

But as muni asked, how does it work?
Old 4th January 2012, 19:07   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
How does it workout if the buyer is not entitled for that employee discounts. Is it some sort of referral thingy.
I believe so.
The colleague said the employee discounts used to be for blood relations only, but relaxed for now.
Old 10th January 2012, 11:08   #1900
Senior - BHPian

One white fiat linea 1.4 Emotion Pack from the 2011 batch is available for 8 lacs on the road at KHT Motors, Whitefield. This is not a test drive car for sale. It is brand new. I doubt if any car at this price comes as loaded as the Linea.
Old 10th January 2012, 11:45   #1901
BHPian

I would like to know if maruti is planning a price hike this week? My SA says maruti will hike the prices of all cars by 2 percent this wednesday and this hike is applicable even for 2011 cars. Any help would be useful to finalize the deal.
Old 12th January 2012, 04:44   #1902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
One white fiat linea 1.4 Emotion Pack from the 2011 batch is available for 8 lacs on the road at KHT Motors, Whitefield. This is not a test drive car for sale. It is brand new. I doubt if any car at this price comes as loaded as the Linea.
Is it Petrol, assuming as you have not mentioned Multijet. I am seriously considering T-Jet+ here in Goa. Getting only White one though. Its around Oct 2011 manufactured. One white T-Jet (not +) is also available which is Oct 2010 (yes 2010) manufactured. On T-Jet+ Dec discount of 1 lac + ins + free Road side assistance is offered. On road is coming to 8.8.
On T-Jet 2010 75k+ins+Road side assist. + 60k extra discount is offered. Any comments.
Here in Goa there is only one dealership and they are least bothered in selling the cars. Its a general trend here in Goa. They don't push much. Its very normal to expect 'No' rather than 'we'll try", I got No even for asking for buying accessories from them. So 'NO' choice in colour is what holding me back.
One more thing I want to ask is about Exchange Bonus of Rs.40000/- is it offered by dealer or Fiat.
Off Topic : The single reason for considering T-Jet is your thread. Poor Man's Ultimate Driving Machine. Did you get it serviced and did the power restored, waiting for update.
Old 13th January 2012, 08:56   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
The single reason for considering T-Jet is your thread. Poor Man's Ultimate Driving Machine. Did you get it serviced and did the power restored, waiting for update.
The 1.4 is available only in petrol. It is the same engine found on the T Jet with a lot less power. The multi jet sold in India is a 1.3l engine.

How do you know the car was manufactured in October 2011? Do you have the vehicle identification number or VIN? To my knowledge, the last of the T Jets were made in June. My dealer, Prerana motors was nice enough to share their data base information all all T Jet allocations from Fiat to them. That is how I know this. When I was buying my car, Prerana were about to receive another 6 - 7 T Jet cars. Only one unit was made in June. The rest of them from mostly May 2011 and then some earlier.

I would not buy the October 2010 version unless there is a massive discount.

I am not sure who offers the exchange bonus.

8.8 lac on the road is a fantastic deal. It is nearly a lac cheaper in Goa. I paid 9.75 lac.

The car is a long way off from service. The car has not even clocked 1600km. The car still suffers from very mild engine vibration. I was not very successful in having Prerana address it when I visited the service station last weekend so left it as is. Why make things worse. I am going to try better fuel this time to see if it helps. We have Shell in Bangalore so I am going to give them a shot. As for loss in power, I now feel it is just physcological.

Thank you for reading my thread and I am glad it was of help. I will be updating the thread this weekend. Hopefully with some pictures. Do keep an eye out.
Old 13th January 2012, 10:01   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The 1.4 is available only in petrol. It is the same engine found on the T Jet with a lot less power. The multi jet sold in India is a 1.3l engine.
My Bad, should've realised earlier.
Bangalore prices were always high due to high road-tax.
I could've bought 2010 model with massive discount if it were a T-Jet+ but its T-Jet and 16" alloy wheels are too good to ignore. As regards massive discount they are offering 60K off, so is it can be considered as massive (7.75 on road after discount).
Yes, you are right as the dealer called back and confirmed the manufacturing month as April 2011 and not Oct 2011 (told by dealer earlier).
Now the most contentious part, color and Exchange Bonus.
Color is something you have to see daily and if you are spending 8-9 lac and not getting color of your choice hurts a little. And white is least preferred (by me) in Linea, I like Honda city, civic and few other cars in white but not linea as firstly it is not pure white like Honda, its little ivorish kind of and secondly it makes car look very small or puny (if it is the right term) when looked from front right or left angle, it kinda looks Bald IMO. Anyway I have made myself ready for white colour also (but not T-Jet but T-Jet+ only).
Now the important part of Exchange Bonus, they are not very keen on that as it has to be shared by dealer, Fiat and Tata Assure (dealer who will actually buy my existing car). They are suggesting to go for outside sale which will be equal or better than their offer + exchange bonus as per them. At the same time when I enquired in Mumbai, they were offering exchange bonus (if car is exchanged actually) or 30000 cash disçount (extra) if car is not exchanged, resulting in Mumbai-Goa price becoming same for me and also Beige colour is available. I have absolutely no problems in buying from Mumbai due to some reasons.
Old 13th January 2012, 11:38   #1905
Senior - BHPian

As long as the car is not registered you guys can do as many switches to the models as you please. Ask the dealer to hold delivery and advise him regarding the change to the desired variant. Get the discount and take delivery of the higher version.

I too went through a similar situation while buying a GM product back in 2006, though it was for a vendor discount. GM dealers are well versed with the process and are quite co-operative in this regard.

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, No problems, I was just talking in retrospect, unless something can be done now about it right now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks