Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2012, 17:12   #1921
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

drmohitg:
Corp discount is a nice way of looking after relationships with big corporates
Im sure one of the hospitals you are affiliated to, would be eligible for such a discount. In any case, a little push from your side and that sales chap will definitely give you your discount.
There is no hard and fast rule about what documents you need to furnish etc - corporate discounts are more dealership driven and hence is only one way of their accounting for the various discounts and dilutions that they give to gain more consumers. Effectively, the dealer is parting with some of his margin so dont worry.

Shashank:
It is possible that the newer vehicles overall weight has been reduced somewhat, so as to meet with better FE and compliance norms.
However, my Yeti feels just as solid as my various friends Laura's and Octy's etc that I have seen and experiences over the last 6-7 years.

I had the same impression with the old gen Scorpio vs the newer gen one which I bought. I checked with someone at M&M and understood that they had not made any changes in the metal or composition. As a piece of contrary info, someone else (also from M&M) told me that they had indeed lightened the new gen Scorpio to meet FE norms etc.

I dont have the actual Kerb Weight/ Gross Vehicle Weights of the old gen Scorpio to compare with the newer gen one - but probably, that is the only way to tell whether there have indeed been some changes.

It is difficult with the Fabia and Rapid since there is no precedent per se.

Unless there is something to do with the first lot of these vehicles which were CBU's and the subsequent lots which are all CKD's. (Even so, in my opinion, it oughtn't to make a difference in build quality, fit, finish, feel and weight.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey just a basic query: How does a corporate discount work? What all documents do you need to furnish to be eligible? I am a Doctor so not eligible for the corp discount. But the VW SA told me he can still give me the discount on my degree certificate. Can they do that? Also will he require any other document later like a pay slip or something? I am asking because I am still not working so there is no pay slip or anything. I can certainly give him my degree certificate. I don't want to lose out on the 15k corp discount on the Vento right now.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 22nd January 2012 at 17:19.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 18:05   #1922
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
drmohitg:
It is possible that the newer vehicles overall weight has been reduced somewhat, so as to meet with better FE and compliance norms.
However, my Yeti feels just as solid as my various friends Laura's and Octy's etc that I have seen and experiences over the last 6-7 years.

I hope my previous post on build quality didn't offend you, if it did i'm sorry. I should've mentioned this before, my comment on build quality was w.r.t cars like Fabia and Rapid. The Laura/Superb and the Yeti felt much sturdier and better built.

Rapid/Fabia may be built using a lighter sheet metal to save on costs. Also, like you said it may be done to meet stricter emission and fuel efficiency requirements.
Old 22nd January 2012, 18:16   #1923
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Not at all. Why should it? If there is a fact, then it has to be faced!
I think, as I said, it must be something to do with this FE and Emission norms etc. I dont know for sure though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

I hope my previous post on build quality didn't offend you, if it did i'm sorry. I should've mentioned this before, my comment on build quality was w.r.t cars like Fabia and Rapid.
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:54   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
Even that is not possible in my case since most of the people in my family are into business. But the VW SA did say that he can pass on the discount on just producing my Degree which is cool with me. All I am worried is what if at the last moment he decided to backtrack and ask for some other documents. And hence my query as to what all documents are required for the corp discount.

I'm in touch with Fiat guys and they do offer maximum discount for doctors whether one is employed or not.Degree should do just fine here but in case it doesn't then you can tell them that you are self-employed doctor.You can make prescription pad with your name and address on it by paying just 100-200rs and get 15k discount.
rsjaurr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:19   #1925
Senior - BHPian

2011 Linea Emotion PK for 7.25 OTR @ Kerala. Good deal?
Old 23rd January 2012, 18:43   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Yes. Petrol/Diesel?? More details please
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:38   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Is it for petrol or diesel Emotion PK? cant be diesel at that price
Strangely, yesterday I quoted a post about much reduced 2011 Linea's prices on t-bhp to a Fiat sales manager but he feigned ignorance about it and said he will confirm and get back which he didn't do.
Old 23rd January 2012, 20:46   #1928
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw an ad in paper today [Malayala Manorama] about Volvo S60 & S80 prices. Not sure how much is the discount, but the prices were in the range of 34L ex showroom, Kochi. If anyone plans to buy a car in that segment, please have a look if interested.
Old 24th January 2012, 09:46   #1929
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday talked to VW dealer in Delhi

Vento Diesel Highline, 2011. They do not have 2012 cars.
40K Straight Discount
19K if essential accessories not taken
15K Corporate discount

Nett after all discounts 10.72L on road in Delhi, includes extended warranty and road side assistance.
Old 24th January 2012, 10:27   #1930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Yesterday talked to VW dealer in Delhi

Vento Diesel Highline, 2011. They do not have 2012 cars.
40K Straight Discount
19K if essential accessories not taken
15K Corporate discount

Nett after all discounts 10.72L on road in Delhi, includes extended warranty and road side assistance.
Hey can you tell me whats that 19k discount?
I asked the VW dealer and the SA declined that there is any free accessories. Infact Bala was being offered 15k worth free accessories in Chennai in addition to the 40k cash and 15k corp discount.
Old 24th January 2012, 11:52   #1931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Killer deal even if it is petrol.
Old 24th January 2012, 12:19   #1932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Killer deal even if it is petrol.
Sounds a cool deal to me. 7.25 OTR for Emotion Pk is i guess a very very good deal. It must be for Petrol for sure. Still its a great deal.

BTW, whats the deal for diesel then? If its around 8.1-8.2 then its a cracker of a deal
Old 24th January 2012, 15:30   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
corp discount.
VW has increased the corporate discount for all their cars from 2012. They segregate companies in the following categories
  • Platinum
  • Gold
  • Employees of VW Group
  • Government
For companies in the platinum group, the discount on VW Highline is 27556.

These discounts would apply even if the car is a 2011 stock.
Old 24th January 2012, 15:36   #1934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
VW has increased the corporate discount for all their cars from 2012. They segregate companies in the following categories
  • Platinum
  • Gold
  • Employees of VW Group
  • Government
For companies in the platinum group, the discount on VW Highline is 27556.

These discounts would apply even if the car is a 2011 stock.
Thanks for that Info. How do I know which company falls under what category?
Also In my case I am not associated with any company. The SA said he will still pass on the 15k corp discount.
Old 25th January 2012, 23:34   #1935
BHPian

Any idea about OTR pricing of Polo 1.6?
As in after the discount scheme available?
I am looking forward to the hatchback. If you people can confirm the discount available on 2011/2012 models

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks