Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 11:21   #2041
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
@ saurabh.. What about the vento and jetta? Any discounts offered on the two? Is the interest rate of 6.25% applicable on these cars as well?
I got a call from VW and was told 20-50K discount (dealer and model specific) and a further Rs 24889 Corporate Discount, if eligible. This is of course on Petrol Models as I'd enquired only about Petrol models. Any financing treats also dealer specific.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 11:41   #2042
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhuG View Post
Thanks lapsi. Though I agree with you, I believe there are still chances for me to get some freebies if not discounts...pl. correct me if I am wrong
Of course there are chances.

But do some window shopping with other dealers and bargain hard there. Do not tell them your name. Give some friends name. Their system may generate your booking details if you give them your name.

Once you come to know what is on offer, go back to your dealer and ask them for a better deal. If they are not offering a good deal, ask them about cancellation charges (usually there are none). This should get them interested in giving you discounts.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
lapsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 12:38   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsi View Post
Of course there are chances.

But do some window shopping with other dealers and bargain hard there. Do not tell them your name. Give some friends name. Their system may generate your booking details if you give them your name.

Once you come to know what is on offer, go back to your dealer and ask them for a better deal. If they are not offering a good deal, ask them about cancellation charges (usually there are none). This should get them interested in giving you discounts.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Thanks lapsi. Lemme give this a try...Hope something comes through. Can I have any more experience based suggestions?
Old 1st March 2012, 12:47   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks lapsi. Lemme give this a try...Hope something comes through. Can I have any more experience based suggestions?
Be cool and relaxed. Tell them to take their time as you are not in a hurry. Display patience. Go with the flow.
Old 2nd March 2012, 00:46   #2045
BHPian

Friends

While looking for deals for VW polo in other cities,I was disheartened as there were no diesel 2011 polo's are available but instead VW have increased prices for the 2012 polo's by Rs.15000/-.Earlier comfort-line polo was for Rs.633000/- and now the latest ex-showroom price is Rs.648000/-.This is for your info.
Rgds
Braveheart

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Toyota Innova VX 2009
Chevy Spark PS 2009
M.Zen 1997
Honda Unicorn 2006
Old 2nd March 2012, 01:08   #2046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The discounts are given to ensure that you do not walk away from the car or that dealer.
Only if the model is NOT selling well and they have unsold stock piling up!

Quote:
I would be taking delivery of my New Swift Dzire VXi next week. What are the discounts/free accessories I can ask for. Advice from you all would be of great help.
Dzire is a model with waiting periods. I am yet to see any kind of discounts being given for Dzire, please don't cancel your booking if they are NOT ready to give any discounts. The chances of any dealer offering you discount on a Dzire is close to NIL ! They might give you mats & mudflaps, may be a steering grip or a perfume; nothing more than that!
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:45   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Only if the model is NOT selling well and they have unsold stock piling up!
Sure thing. You may be absolutely correct but even then "the right time to ask for discounts is before you book your car" and not after you have booked it.

Please do see my original post which conveys the reference.

Quote:
Guys,

Since you are talking of taking delivery, I am assuming that you have already booked the car.

The discounts are given to ensure that you do not walk away from the car or that dealer. The right time to ask for discounts is before you book your car. Once you have booked, you do not have any bargaining power left, so it is entirely up to them.
Old 4th March 2012, 16:14   #2048
BHPian

For people who look for Cedia...

Mitsubishi Cedia Petrol Top End Model For Rs. 7.99 Lakhs Only
Old 6th March 2012, 01:41   #2049
Senior - BHPian

btw i saw this big AD of FORD on last page TOI Bangalore Edition today. It says Free Insurance! I just booked figo last month. I guess i will call dealership tomorrow, cancel the booking and rebook the car if they are giving free insurance 16K is lot of money

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repos.../Img/Pg022.png
Old 7th March 2012, 00:23   #2050
BHPian

Posting again as didn't get any reply on my earlier post.

I got quotations for on road price Cruze LT Model Haryana registration around 13.05 L

In terms of accessories i only get Vkool Sunfilm. Can someone confirm of any other better deals available ?

Raj
Old 7th March 2012, 01:03   #2051
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_aryan4411 View Post
In terms of accessories i only get Vkool Sunfilm. Can someone confirm of any other better deals available ?
To be frank, I have NOT come across any deals for Cruze yet. The car sells pretty well and is the segment leader many a months, there is hardly a chance you will get any cool deals.

By the way, your V-Kool deal should be quite a handful. Tried enquiring with some one how much does that cost in aftermarket? Anything in the range of 20-30K ?

Also is your car a 2011 model? Just wondering why would Chevy give this deal.
Old 7th March 2012, 01:26   #2052
BHPian

Guys, getting a 25k discount and extended 2+2m warranty with accessories worth 10k for the Eon Spots Model 2011 Dec Edition. Good deal? Any problems with going for a 2011 car? Anyways its only 3-4 months old....
Old 7th March 2012, 02:04   #2053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Guys, getting a 25k discount and extended 2+2m warranty with accessories worth 10k for the Eon Spots Model 2011 Dec Edition. Good deal? Any problems with going for a 2011 car? Anyways its only 3-4 months old....
Looks like a good deal, are you sure this car was NOT used as a TD car? Don't go by the ODO, they could very well disconnect it. Have a thorough check and go for it if found good.
Old 7th March 2012, 02:09   #2054
BHPian

Can someone tell me now days what is the actual delivery time for verna diesel and any discount available. I am planning to take delivery before 31st March.

Thanks in advance
Old 7th March 2012, 02:18   #2055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurja View Post
Can someone tell me now days what is the actual delivery time for verna diesel and any discount available. I am planning to take delivery before 31st March.
Forget discounts, you will get NONE! Be happy if the SAs choose to give some respect when you go to book the car. If you have NOT booked the car yet, you should be extremely lucky to get the car before 31 Mar. The waiting period should be anywhere between 4-8 months depending on your location. I read some places even have a 1 year delay!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks