Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2010, 12:05   #196
BHPian

There is an offer going on for i10 where they are offering free insurance, 3rd year warranty and an exchange bonus of 15K.

i10 offer

Last edited by rishab.k : 12th June 2010 at 12:06.
Old 12th June 2010, 12:14   #197
BHPian

thankx rishab, i would also like to know what freebies we can bargain for.. few of them i know are:-

carpets
mud flaps
Teflon coating
under body coating
Stereo if possible with rear speakers
sun films
seat covers
insurance from outside etc
Old 12th June 2010, 15:15   #198
BHPian

Nearly 50,000 Rs. flat off the Showroom price on the Skoda Fabia.
Freebies - mudflap, mats, teflon. Additionally full tank of fuel, sun film if you ask for it.
Corporate discount, if you are eligible.
Old 14th June 2010, 10:24   #199
BHPian

Guys, the quote for an i10 Sportz is what I got.

On-road price - 5.04 L

Insurance free, 3 years extended warranty & corporate discount. The OTR comes upto: 4,85,000.

What do I do to negotiate? I feel this is on the higher side! these guys are not giving any freebies
Old 17th June 2010, 22:59   #200
BHPian

what is the price of sx4 zxi in gurgaon. i need to buy one for my parents and i've got a quote of 6.9 lakhs in exhange for our old maruti.
Old 18th June 2010, 00:05   #201
BHPian

can anyone guide me what to expect in discounts if i decide to buy old model of wagon r vxi instead of new model?

Sales guy informally quoted 20k discount when i took TD of new model? haven't bargained yet

I remember someone telling me it's 40k plus?

how is the deal if i get 40-50k discount on old model as it will be around 70k less then new Vxi? is it worth going for it if i plan to keep it for 5-8 yrs? driven exclusively in city by my wife? as I have a NHC for myself.
Old 18th June 2010, 10:05   #202
BHPian

What are the ex-Bangalore prices and discounts on the topend models of -
1. Manza Saffire (aura +)
2.Fiesta (1.6 S/Sxi)
3.Aveo (1.4 LT opt.)
4. DZire (ZXI)
Old 18th June 2010, 11:13   #203
BHPian

Booking i20 1.2 Asta (O) with Sunroof on Monday. Have a few queries.

Hello BHPians!

I have had a few ups and downs and now finally have made up my mind and readied the finances for a new i20 1.2 Asta (O) with Sunroof for my wife. Even though we have a dealer in Shillong, I have decided to give them a slip and have decided to get the vehicle from one of the three dealers in Guwahati which is about 100 kms from here. The reasons I have decided to give the local dealer a slip are:

1. Have had nothing but bad experiences with them. Have a few Hyundai vehicles in the family with a Santro in the immediate family which was purchased from them. Their Service Center is run by goons and the owner of the dealership is always there to direct the goons on maximum extraction from the customers.

2. They don't have any test drive vehicles of their own and if a prospective customer asks for a test drive, then either a new vehicle slated for delivery is made the test mule or they wait for some vehicle to come in for service and send these for test drives.

I am going to pay atleast 5000/- extra (difference of 1% in VAT between Meghalaya & Assam) if I make the purchase from Guwahati but I am okay with it as long as I am convinced in my mind that my vehicle will not be abused on arrival at the dealership.

Now my questions:

1. I will be taking delivery of the vehicle sometime in August. The dealers at Guwahati have informed me that it generally takes 20 days for the vehicle to arrive. However, even if I make the booking immediately, they can either (a) get the vehicle immediately and I can take delivery whenever I want to and they will store the vehicle at their yard, or (b) inform them about 30 days before the expected date of delivery and they will get it in their next lot. Now, my question is, which is a better option?

2. The ex-showroom price at Guwahati for the vehicle is 623944/-. The dealer quoted insurance is for 17706/- whereas my local insurance agent (New India Assurance) has quoted 15620/- without taking into consideration the anti-theft devices on the vehicles which will be taken into consideration when I am making the payment for the insurance. Also, I will get some additional discount on this, so effectively, I will save about 2500/- to 3000/- if I get it insured on my own. I am also opting for the 5 year extended warranty at a price of 8170/-. Both dealers I have contacted have declined to give any cash discount on the vehicle saying that Hyundai is against such a policy. This they say is to prevent poaching of customers by dealers. Is this correct? On a lot of haggling and negotiation, both dealers have offered the following:
(a) Mud Flaps (or) Carpets
(b) Teflon Coating

Now, the related question:

1. Is the above deal good?

2. Regarding insurance, my agent has informed me that there is no issue whatsoever in getting the vehicle from Guwahati and insuring it with them. All I need to do is to give him the final invoice amount of the vehicle and the Engine Number & Chassis Number and the insurance will be done. He will then immediately fax me the papers for me to safely drive the vehicle back to Shillong. Will this be okay? Do I need to take care of any other details while insuring or is there any additional/specific insurance I need to ask for? Also, will it make a difference if I need to make an insurance claim and have not opted for the dealer offered insurance?

3. Regarding the argument about Hyundai specifically asking for dealers not to offer any cash discount. Is it true? Does any dealer in other cities offers cash discount on the i20 1.2? How is the deal regarding the freebies? I have tried my best but am not able to get anything extra from either dealer.

4. What is the difference in the prices for Teflon Coating and Underbody Anti-Rust treatment? Which is better? Shillong does experience heavy monsoons from May to October. So won't anti-rust treatment be better?

Other than these, I have a few other questions:

1. How are the Apollo Accellere tyres which come as OEM with the 1.2 Asta? If I decide to upgrade to some other tyres of the same specifications, will there be any benefits? Will I run the risk of the warranty being void? Which tyres are recommended and approximately how much difference would I have to pay? The dealers don't do tyre upgrades and so I will have to get it done from outside.

2. The 1.2 Asta come with alloys but I am not sure if the spare wheel is also an alloy wheel. Can someone confirm this?

3. I am planning to get reverse sensors installed by the dealer. I have been quoted 3700/- for these and I have the option to go for either Autocop or Hyundai Genuine. Are these beneficial? I read on the forums that once you get the idea of the vehicle, the reverse sensors become an irritant. Does this really happen? Also, I am not a fan of any aftermarket part sticking around in the cabin of my vehicle. So will the reverse sensor be integrated in the rear view mirror or will it come with some monitor which sits on the dash? Will the rear view mirror rattle or vibrate?

4. Both dealers don't have the leather/art leather seat covers and I need to get these from elsewhere. I am scheduled to travel to Delhi next month and can get these from Delhi through my bro-in-law who is in the wholesale automobile trade at Kashmiri Gate. Can these be installed on our own?

Sorry for such a longish post but since I am in the habit of making mistakes, I don't want to take a chance and thus am clarifying every doubt before taking the plunge.

To mods: If this thread does not belong here, I request it to be moved and apologise for the same.

Last edited by SumitB : 18th June 2010 at 11:16.
Old 18th June 2010, 11:45   #204
Senior - BHPian

The cash discounts virtually don't exist, partly being due to shot up demand of the car since cheaper variants have being launched.
Average wait period in NCR-Delhi is between 30-45 days for any model, variant or colour.

The 5th spare tyre is also an alloy.Confirmed.

I cannot comment on numerics like finance or deals, but yes, if you ant to see the pics of the new sunroof-equipped I20 1.2 kappa, they are here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1871100
Old 18th June 2010, 13:03   #205
BHPian

Sid, thanks for responding. One more query. In your post, you have mentioned that
Quote:
I 20 asta dual airbags, ABS and rear disc brakes= 6,94,991 (7,62,395)
However, there are other posts on the forum which claim that the rear discs have now been replaced by drums. Which of these reports is correct? Does the 1.2 Asta (O) come with rear disc?

Edit:
This photograph taken by you clearly shows that the rears are drums and not discs!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-dsc02842.jpg

Last edited by SumitB : 18th June 2010 at 13:06.
Old 18th June 2010, 14:59   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Hello BHPians!

I have had a few ups and downs and now finally have made up my mind and readied the finances for a new i20 1.2 Asta (O) with Sunroof for my wife.

Now my questions:

1. I will be taking delivery of the vehicle sometime in August.
Now, my question is, which is a better option?

2. The ex-showroom price at Guwahati for the vehicle is 623944/-.
Both dealers I have contacted have declined to give any cash discount on the vehicle saying that Hyundai is against such a policy.
Is this correct?
On a lot of haggling and negotiation, both dealers have offered the following:
(b) Teflon Coating

2. Regarding insurance, my agent has informed me that there is no issue whatsoever in getting the vehicle from Guwahati and insuring it with them.
Also, will it make a difference if I need to make an insurance claim and have not opted for the dealer offered insurance?

3. Regarding the argument about Hyundai specifically asking for dealers not to offer any cash discount. Is it true?

4. What is the difference in the prices for Teflon Coating and Underbody Anti-Rust treatment? Which is better? Shillong does experience heavy monsoons from May to October. So won't anti-rust treatment be better?

1. How are the Apollo Accellere tyres which come as OEM with the 1.2 Asta?

2. The 1.2 Asta come with alloys but I am not sure if the spare wheel is also an alloy wheel. Can someone confirm this?

3. I am planning to get reverse sensors installed by the dealer.

4. Both dealers don't have the leather/art leather seat covers and I need to get these from elsewhere.
Can these be installed on our own?

Sorry for such a longish post but since I am in the habit of making mistakes, I don't want to take a chance and thus am clarifying every doubt before taking the plunge.
1. In my view it will be best to order the car as near to the delivery date as possible. Keeping a car in the yard for long time is not an ideal situation

2. Regarding the rear sensor, find out which type is being offered. One type gives audio warning and does not require any thing to be mounted on the rear view mirror. The second type does require a mirror mounting.

3. Installing seat covers especially the fitted variety is not for the amateur. You will not get a good fit. But if there are installers in your area, you can ask them to fit the seat covers for you.

4. Please search the forum for Teflon coating. It is controversial and you will need to take our own decision after you read about it. Underbody coatings do help in protection as well as reducing road noise. Waxoyl is a good brand, you will need to contact Opulent for finding out if a local dealer is available in your area. Again, you can read about it on the forums for more details.

5. Hyundai is not offering any cash discount on i10/i20 in NCR region. You can get exchange bonus/loyalty bonus, corporate discount but no cash discount

6. Freebies depend on your skills. Mats, Mud Flaps, Car Cover etc are usually offered.

7. Your insurance guy is correct. Do shop around & get a few other quotes, you will be surprised as to how good a deal you can manage when you show your agent that there are better/ more competitive offers. Normally they will come very near if they do not match the lowest offer. If possible look into getting the NCB transferred

8. It will not make any difference regarding making a claim whether the insurance has been done through the dealer or on your own arrangement.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ZeroThoughts : 18th June 2010 at 15:02. Reason: Format correction
Old 18th June 2010, 16:45   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians!

Even though we have a dealer in Shillong, I have decided to give them a slip and have decided to get the vehicle from one of the three dealers in Guwahati which is about 100 kms from here.
While you may have decided to get the vehicle from Guwahati, will you also be sending it for service to Guwahati every time? Usually people work the other way around - get the vehicle from whichever dealer offers the best discount, and then get it serviced at a dependable service center. In case you are going to get it serviced locally, I don't see much point in taking these pains.

Regarding insurance, you are free to buy insurance from anybody as you please. And of course you will end up saving some good amount of money in the process.

In case you wish to change your tyres, it is best to get it done immediately upon purchase of the car. When the tyres are new, you will find much better buyback prices. Also no issues with warranty for tyre change.
Old 18th June 2010, 20:12   #208

I will also suggest ordering the car near to the delivery date.

There are no discounts on i20 at present. People please post if someone has got any type of discount whether it is dealer discount or corporate discount.
The only saving one can do is in insurance. One can save about 4-5 k on insurance in case of Hyundai i20.

Sumit, please keep on updating the thread, it would be very helpful for prospective buyers, as these sort of queries crop up in every buyer's mind. All the best for your car buying experience!!
Old 18th June 2010, 21:18   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians!

I have had a few ups and downs and now finally have made up my mind and readied the finances for a new i20 1.2 Asta (O) with Sunroof for my wife.
Now my questions:

1. I will be taking delivery of the vehicle sometime in August. The dealers at Guwahati have informed me that it generally takes 20 days for the vehicle to arrive. However, even if I make the booking immediately, they can either (a) get the vehicle immediately and I can take delivery whenever I want to and they will store the vehicle at their yard, or (b) inform them about 30 days before the expected date of delivery and they will get it in their next lot. Now, my question is, which is a better option?

Why let the car lie in their lot, usually unattended as here in New Delhi yards mean an area where brand new dusty and dirty cars are parked for delivery after cleaning.

2. The ex-showroom price at Guwahati for the vehicle is 623944/-. The dealer quoted insurance is for 17706/- whereas my local insurance agent (New India Assurance) has quoted 15620/- without taking into consideration the anti-theft devices on the vehicles which will be taken into consideration when I am making the payment for the insurance. Also, I will get some additional discount on this, so effectively, I will save about 2500/- to 3000/- if I get it insured on my own. I am also opting for the 5 year extended warranty at a price of 8170/-. Both dealers I have contacted have declined to give any cash discount on the vehicle saying that Hyundai is against such a policy. This they say is to prevent poaching of customers by dealers. Is this correct? On a lot of haggling and negotiation, both dealers have offered the following:
(b) Teflon Coating

Can't talk of the financials of the deal but check if New India has Cashless Claim facility at the Service Center(s) where you would like to take your car. Teflon coating has negative reviews on TBHP, I would suggest you skip this and regularly wax your car to maintain the paint but do go for Anti-Rust Coating as you live in a rainy area.

2. Regarding insurance, my agent has informed me that there is no issue whatsoever in getting the vehicle from Guwahati and insuring it with them. All I need to do is to give him the final invoice amount of the vehicle and the Engine Number & Chassis Number and the insurance will be done. He will then immediately fax me the papers for me to safely drive the vehicle back to Shillong. Will this be okay? Do I need to take care of any other details while insuring or is there any additional/specific insurance I need to ask for? Also, will it make a difference if I need to make an insurance claim and have not opted for the dealer offered insurance?
I can only help you with last part of this question. It should make no difference if you opted for insurance from your agent but please check if the insurer has Cash-Less facility so that in case of claims, payments are settled there and then, rather you making a claim after paying from your pocket in case of No Cash-less claim facility.

3. Regarding the argument about Hyundai specifically asking for dealers not to offer any cash discount. Is it true? Does any dealer in other cities offers cash discount on the i20 1.2? How is the deal regarding the freebies? I have tried my best but am not able to get anything extra from either dealer.

i20 is a hot-selling car so dealers don't have to make that extra effort to provide cash discounts and freebies to enhance sales.

Teflon Coating is meant for the car's painted body whereas Anti-Rust treatment is for the car's underbody to prevent it from rusting. Both have different application so we can't compare the two.

Anyhow, Teflon isn't recommended much as per the knowledge I've gained here but Anti-Rust is advisable for you owing to weather conditions.

1. How are the Apollo Accellere tyres which come as OEM with the 1.2 Asta? If I decide to upgrade to some other tyres of the same specifications, will there be any benefits? Will I run the risk of the warranty being void? Which tyres are recommended and approximately how much difference would I have to pay? The dealers don't do tyre upgrades and so I will have to get it done from outside.

Acelers are good but I've found them to be noisy sometimes. Since your wife is going to drive, I don't foresee any issues for her but in case of people who can't stand small issues I would advise the change. My friend has Michelin XM1+ in the stock size on his i20, the sole benefit of this upgrade has been little or no road noise at all.

I don't think you'll run the risk of voiding warranty if you stick to stock tyre specs, regarding the price difference it's better if you check with a reputed tyre shop. Before you make a decision, I would advise you put up a question in the i20 Tyres thread, search for the same in TBHP search.

100% confirmed, I love this thing as even luxuries like Superb have a black steel wheel as spare.

3. I am planning to get reverse sensors installed by the dealer. I have been quoted 3700/- for these and I have the option to go for either Autocop or Hyundai Genuine. Are these beneficial? I read on the forums that once you get the idea of the vehicle, the reverse sensors become an irritant. Does this really happen? Also, I am not a fan of any aftermarket part sticking around in the cabin of my vehicle. So will the reverse sensor be integrated in the rear view mirror or will it come with some monitor which sits on the dash? Will the rear view mirror rattle or vibrate?

Hyundai's Genuine Reverse Sensors are Crosslink Wheels and you can get the same in the aftermarket for less than INR 3k, with warranty of 3 years (please do confirm this, it may be 2 years but it's certainly not 1 year) against 1 year by Hyundai on the same product. I've aftermarket Crosslink Wheels on my i20, they're certainly helpful in congested streets of New Delhi and it hasn't been irritating for me till date. The reverse sensors come with a rear view mirror which is fixed on to the existing one and it doesn't rattle or vibrate.

4. Both dealers don't have the leather/art leather seat covers and I need to get these from elsewhere. I am scheduled to travel to Delhi next month and can get these from Delhi through my bro-in-law who is in the wholesale automobile trade at Kashmiri Gate. Can these be installed on our own?

Installed on your own, depends on how seasoned one is with respect to such installs but it's advisable you get hook of a Seat cover guy to do the same.

In the end, great choice Sumit. My 1.2 Asta is a fun drive and for further queries regarding the model you've chosen I would suggest you contact BHPian Sohail99, owner of a Sparkling Blue well maintained i20 (o) with Sunroof. For other general queries, I can surely help you.
Old 20th June 2010, 11:47   #210
BHPian

Thank you all for responding. Now can someone clarify if the rear discs indeed do exist?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks