Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2012, 17:02   #2221
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
What does 'Extras' mean? Registration charges?
And by facilitation expenses, do you mean 'handling charges'?
Maybe you can bargain on these two charges.

Skoda shield includes 24x7 Roadside Assistance and Extended Warranty.
Extras = Hyp. Charges Rs 100 + TR Fees Rs 100 + Service Fee Rs 50
Logistics and Facilitation Charges = Rs 9990
I have requested for the Skoda Shield cost for Rapid. Will post the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Corporate Discount is 15k INR, for most Co's. Also, check the insurance quote, it is on the higher side.
In Hyderabad it looks to be Rs 3000-5000 based on the company.
Old 15th June 2012, 18:32   #2222
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
I have requested for the Skoda Shield cost for Rapid. Will post the same.
I got a quote of approx. 11,000 for Skoda Shield for TDI and petrol its 1000 lesser. Reg. Insurance SBI General quoted be 18000. Nett OTR in my City for Rapid TDI Ambition is 10.00 ( Includes SBI Insurance + Skoda Shield).
Old 19th June 2012, 09:52   #2223
BHPian

Todays news paper shows a BMW 520d advertisement for 29999 emi and 100% finance, is that possible? Any one knows the catch?
This is with auto start stop and fuel efficiency etc
Old 19th June 2012, 10:51   #2224
BHPian

Called and checked with BMW and they mentioned its a printing mistake! So its either or not both.
Old 19th June 2012, 20:27   #2225
Senior - BHPian

I am given the following price quote of the new dzire vxi by Sanga Automobiles, jaipur.
ex showroom - 5,57,278
RTO amount - 33035
Insurance amount - 16472
Logistic charge - 4500
E.W - 3480
TOTAL - 6,14,765

Is the insurance amount ok? I personally feel that the dealer is quoting a high price. And what are these logistic charges and E.W.
I have got this quote via email.
Old 19th June 2012, 21:29   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
I am given the following price quote of the new dzire vxi by Sanga Automobiles, jaipur.
ex showroom - 5,57,278
RTO amount - 33035
Insurance amount - 16472
Logistic charge - 4500
E.W - 3480
TOTAL - 6,14,765

Is the insurance amount ok? I personally feel that the dealer is quoting a high price. And what are these logistic charges and E.W.
I have got this quote via email.
The insurance amount quoted by the dealers are usually a bit high compared to taking it directly from the insurance company. Try to get a quote directly from the insurance company and you might be able to shave off 1K, that said, the 16K looks reasonable since I had paid 14.5K for my Figo when the ex-showroom price was 5.2L.
Logistics charge is a fixed amount that the dealers levy for the transportation of the vehicle to their yard, and E.W. seems to be Extended Warranty charges for the 3rd year.

Cheers
Old 19th June 2012, 23:51   #2227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
The insurance amount quoted by the dealers are usually a bit high compared to taking it directly from the insurance company. Try to get a quote directly from the insurance company and you might be able to shave off 1K,
just called a insurance agent of reliance insurance. He has quoted insurance amount of 14720. Should I go for the insurance given by the dealer or by the agent? Are their any disadvantages of not taking the insurance from the dealer?

Last edited by noopster : 20th June 2012 at 09:17. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 20th June 2012, 08:55   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
just called a insurance agent of reliance insurance. He has quoted insurance amount of 14720. Should I go for the insurance given by the dealer or by the agent? Are their any disadvantages of not taking the insurance from the dealer?
There is no problem in going for the insurance outside the dealer. It's always advisable to take an insurance which has a tie-up with the dealer network of your car, so that you can avail cashless claims in the event of any accidents. Otherwise you will have to pay the repair charges from your pocket initially and then claim it from the insurer. That's more headache as you can see, I've experienced it once.
Old 20th June 2012, 09:20   #2229
Senior - BHPian

[quote=dZired;2814425]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
The insurance amount quoted by the dealers are usually a bit high compared to taking it directly from the insurance company. Try to get a quote directly from the insurance company and you might be able to shave off 1K,

In Delhi the insurance from Maruti provides cashless repair at any dealer across India, for other companies you may not get the same facility.

That said, please haggle a bit on the insurance amount. They get about 30% commission so you can always ask for a 20% discount. What with the car sales down, you may be able to wrangle the discount in Insurance. Best of luck.
Old 20th June 2012, 12:45   #2230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Yes, you are right. The facelifted version of Ritz will be launched soon.
Check the pics on this link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2766411

Cheers!
Irish
Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
Yeah that's right Face-lifted Ritz is just around the corner my colleague's friend who works in Maruti showroom here have asked him to wait till new ritz is launched, according to him the Z version in new ritz will have a ACC & other Z level goodies.

Btw as far as discounts are concerned i stll remember ritz had a similar level of discounts in the month of September2011 here in mumbai. Because its sibbling Swift ritz never sets sales charts on fire & mostly been sold with similar levels of discounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
Surprised to see an ad today in deccan herald in Bangalore from Maruti.

Regularly they used to have discounts on petrol cars, however today they have put ad on Ritz (Diesel) as 25k discount.

Is Ritz model upgrade in-line soon by any chance?

Anup

I personally think its a good time to buy the Ritz.
Why?

Petrol
====
The new Ritz will have VVT enhacement as far as the engine is concerned, much like hte New Swift. I am not expecting any other change other than cosmetic changes to the exterior.
The VVT has a slightly better FE than the regular K series (about 0.5-1kmpl difference). But from my experience the VVT is a step down as far as engine performance, specially low end torque is concerned. So if that 0.5 kmpl is more important than the Fun to drive quotient of regular K series, i suggest you wait for new model.

Diesel
====
No change in diesel engine is expected in comparison to the current engine. And i don't think Maruti will be offering 25k discount anymore on the new Ritz - which only has some tweaked front (and same rear).

My advice:
======
For 50k discount on petrol and 25k on DDiS, Ritz is a tremendous value for money, even with new model around the corner.
Go for it!
Old 20th June 2012, 13:07   #2231
BHPian

Saw a Ad in Newspaper for SX4 D offering a discount upto Rs. 55k. The ad also mentioned that it is readily available.
Old 20th June 2012, 13:09   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite
For 50k discount on petrol and 25k on DDiS, Ritz is a tremendous value for money, even with new model around the corner.
Go for it!
On diesel Ritz, the breakup of 25k discount is : 10k cash discount and 15k on exchange bonus as said by dealer in Bangalore. Delivery within a week.
Old 20th June 2012, 14:38   #2233
BHPian

I have been shopping around for an SUV in the 10-15 lakh bracket. Choices considered - Safari (LX/GX 4x2), Scorpio (SLE or VLX 4x2 without airbags) and XUV 500 W6 (listed randomly, order of preference to be decided).

Started with Tata (as I own an Indica and have had some personal interaction with Tata dealerships). The offer across 2 of the dealers is roughly the same -[list=1] free insurance (~40K depending on the model), [list=2] exchange bonus (40K),[list=3] some corporate discount (~5K) and,
  1. maybe another 5K for the final push, pitting one dealer against the other etc...
Total discount ~80-90K. Do these prices look good, or should I wait for a while based on the way demand for cars is going southward? Needless to say that everybody on the sales team thinks this is a "never before, never again" offer. They are quite sure that the Storme launch has been deferred to Oct (I thought it was going to be Jun-Jul), and that the old Safari will continue strong in spite of the launch - the usual. Also, I haven't shopped for Safari insurance outside - so some ballpark for insurance figures of a new Safari would be very useful too.

What is more interesting is that I am in the know of 2 Safaris - Dec 2010 VX 4x2 and Dec 2011 EX - which are lying at the stockyard. I have been offered discounts of 3 Lakhs and 2 lakhs respetively for these (inclusive of the discount mentioned on new cars).

I have always believed that it should be quite natural to have one or two such leftovers in the stockyards, but this is first time I have access to them. Need advice on whether it is a smart idea to even look at these, and whether the prices seem justified.

I have never sold a car - even 7/8 year old ones with more than 100K+ on the odo - that I have owned, except while repatriating, and only once purchased a car second hand, that too within family. So resale value is not a huge concern. On the other hand, long term reliability is. My preferences for Safari variants are GX or LX, in that order as of now - depending on zeal for ABS and level of comfort with the money spent. The one accident that I have had till date could have been averted if my Indica had ABS. But if i can have the higher variant at the same price, I wouldn't mind the upgrade.
Old 20th June 2012, 18:18   #2234
BHPian

Any discounts on the Laura VRS??? I'm done with my Corp Lease on the TSI so need to get another one asap :-)
Old 21st June 2012, 09:36   #2235
Senior - BHPian

Etios Liva, GD top end costs 5.92 OTR at Trivandrum. You get 20k/1 year service package free if you buy now. No other offers.

Micra, top end costs 7.33 OTR (IIRC) and you get no freebies as of now! Great package ( sad that there's no ABS)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks