Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2010, 12:58   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Thank you all for responding. Now can someone clarify if the rear discs indeed do exist?
Rear Discs were present only in 1.4Crdi and 1.4 Automatic(not sure).
1.2 always had drums.
Now even 1.4Crdi has rear drum brakes
Old 21st June 2010, 11:12   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Rear Discs were present only in 1.4Crdi and 1.4 Automatic(not sure).
1.2 always had drums.
Now even 1.4Crdi has rear drum brakes
I have booked 1.4 CRDi Sportz and the dealer confirmed that it comes with disc on all wheels.
With your comments, i am worried
Old 21st June 2010, 11:26   #213
BHPian

Hi Sumit, Yes there are no discounts offered on i20. You can ask for under body coating and car cover as part of freebies. In Asta, even the spare wheel is alloy. Also I got insurance done through policy bazaar for around 11k on Bajaj allianz. They gave me a discount of 5k. Do check that site for some good quotes.

Last edited by Gene : 21st June 2010 at 11:27.
Old 25th June 2010, 09:40   #214
JLN
BHPian

Jazz At Exshowroom Price In Bangalore

I just got a call from a contact at Magnum Honda in Bangalore. They have an outstanding offer on the Jazz - they are giving away the Jazz at the ex-showroom price - thats almost a 1.5 lakh discount - now that is what the Jazz should have been priced at from the beginning.
Old 25th June 2010, 12:52   #215
JLN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
I just got a call from a contact at Magnum Honda in Bangalore. They have an outstanding offer on the Jazz - they are giving away the Jazz at the ex-showroom price - thats almost a 1.5 lakh discount - now that is what the Jazz should have been priced at from the beginning.
Guys. My apologies - this info was incorrect. the discount offered is around 50,000 plus some freebies. Was so excited about the offer when this guy called me in the morning that I posted it without double checking.
Mods: Delete my previous post if possible.
Old 28th June 2010, 19:30   #216
BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio Booking - Dealership Clarifications

Mods, I am not sure where this post belongs. As this question is surrounding around the dealerships, I have decided to post it here. Please move the appropriate forums that you deem fit.

I have decided to purchase the Mahindra Scoprio LX BSIV model. I have been checking at India Garage at Chennai. I have got a quotation with the applicable discounts and I am quite ok with it, though not satisfied completely.

I have a few querries that I seek the support of this forum. I am not sure where this question:

1. I wanted to book the vehicle before the end of June 2010 so that I can take advantage of the price rise that is projected for July 2010. However when contacted at India Garage, I am told that the pricing is applicable only on the month of delivery. This way I am not having any locking on the pricing during purchase. Is this true?

2. Mahindra rarely provides offers for its customers. Currently my offers include 50% discount on insurance and exchange bonus of 10k other than this, I don't have any other discounts. Are you guys aware of any such other discounts

The wait period for Scorpios in Chennai is around 6-8 weeks time. I am ok to wait during this period. However to finalize my financing options, I feel it would be better for me to arrive at the final price for delivery.

Any help from TBHP forum is highly appreciable
Old 28th June 2010, 19:46   #217
Senior - BHPian

We bought one last month.
Squeezing out discounts is pretty difficult,but after looking around and dealing with all the dealers in the region,we managed to squeeze out,12K cash discount+Accessories worth 8K.

Also,some dealers quote the price at the time of delivery of vehicle,a friend had booked i20 last year,and just a day before delivery prices went up,although the price rise was negligible,he refused to take delivery,and dealer didnot pass on the hike to him.

6-8 week waiting period is too much,here upnorth,its readily available off the shelf.
Old 28th June 2010, 20:18   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
However when contacted at India Garage, I am told that the pricing is applicable only on the month of delivery. This way I am not having any locking on the pricing during purchase. Is this true?
This is true; Scorpio or Scooty, the price is applicable on the day when you take delivery of the vehicle. One trick the dealer could do is (I'm not saying India Garage is doing it) voluntarily delay the delivery of the vehicle so that he stocks the cars at low price & sell it at the new price which again any TBHPian can find it out using VIN number.

Quote:
2. Mahindra rarely provides offers for its customers.
Quite possible because Scorp & Xylo are cash cows for Mahindra & its less likely to get discounts on their (fast) moving products.
Old 28th June 2010, 21:27   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. I wanted to book the vehicle before the end of June 2010 so that I can take advantage of the price rise that is projected for July 2010. However when contacted at India Garage, I am told that the pricing is applicable only on the month of delivery. This way I am not having any locking on the pricing during purchase. Is this true?
diwakar that's how it works with most dealers. Only when your invoice is made you are entitled for discounts/offers. Generally when the invoice is made the dealer is bound to give you existing offers during the time of delivery.

When I booked my scorp' last year, there was no tax cut from the govt. However about a week prior to the delivery there was tax cut from the govt and I was provided this discount during the day of the delivery when the invoice was made.

Quote:
2. Mahindra rarely provides offers for its customers. Currently my offers include 50% discount on insurance and exchange bonus of 10k other than this, I don't have any other discounts. Are you guys aware of any such other discounts
Well 50% discount on insurance is quite good enuf with an exchange bonus of 10k. Who is the insurance provider , try and bargain with them for a better amount.
Old 29th June 2010, 08:36   #220
BHPian

@akshay4587, @aargee, @rjstyles69 thank you very much for your timely comments. Unfortunately the sales people in both the mahindra dealerships in Chennai do not have sufficient knowledge that is required to make a proper sale. The only option left out is to find out in forums like this.

Thanks to all for your support. I am most likely to take a decision in a day or two
Old 29th June 2010, 12:35   #221
BHPian

An update guys, I went to the Hyundai Showroom with my wife. Fortunately (or unfortunately for my bank account), the showroom had an i20 1.4 Automatic. I had spoken about it with my wife before and so we asked the Sales Executive to show us the vehicle to see what an automatic actually looks like from inside. This was the first time I had also seen an automatic from this close. Looking at the convenience that an automatic will offer her, my wife got confused. Now she was not sure if she wanted the bragging rights of having a sunroof or having the convenience of the automatic transmission. Finally after a lot of debating at the showroom and despite the opposition from the Sales Executive, we booked the i20 1.4 AT in Crystal White. Deliver will be made sometime in the 1st week of August.

The AT only has one model, i. e. the 1.4 AT Asta with 2 Air Bags & ABS. No option to get 6 Air Bags or the Sunroof. Else I would have opted for that.

One observation though. The 1.4AT does come with discs on the rear wheels unlike the 1.2 Asta with Sunroof.

No discounts though. However, I managed to get them to agree to give me the underbody anti-rust treatment and the standard mud flaps & interior carpets with the vehicle.

Last edited by SumitB : 29th June 2010 at 12:37.
Old 29th June 2010, 13:04   #222
BHPian

Can you pls provide the price break-up ? LX is without the side cladding right ? Is there a warranty on the car ?
Old 29th June 2010, 17:13   #223
BHPian

Hi

Anyone knows of any offers / freebies for Safari Dicor EX or GX 4X2 in Bangalore from any dealer, or what all should i ask for?

thanks
keyan
Old 29th June 2010, 17:48   #224
BHPian

Guys, can anyone tell me how much does Spark LS & PS cost in Chennai (after all discounts etc.,)
Old 30th June 2010, 01:25   #225

Can anyone post best deal offered on spark ps model in mumbai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks