Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2012, 17:18   #2416
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Anyone know the current discounts on the Q7? The 4.2 TDi especially
Old 15th September 2012, 19:53   #2417
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Sunny has a case only if you require good rear seating space. Otherwise SX4 is a better proposition - engine, service and GC.

A MUL Service Head told me to take into consideration the cost of regular replacement of injectors. It seems that MUL injector changes cost less than half that of the competition, and the intervals are longer compared to the European models.

The best part about MUL, Tata and Mahindra is that you can get genuine spares out side the A.S.S., a big boon if you want the keep the vehicle for long term.
Old 15th September 2012, 20:29   #2418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
hi this the quote i have got

Model Name Skoda Elegance AT
Billing Mumbai
Loan Tenor 60 mnths
On Road Price 2084314
Ex-Showroom Price 1778406
Loan Amt. 1500000
Margin Money 278406
Insurance 81000
Regsitration 220909
EMI 32850
Finance Disc 30000
Dealer Disc 98000
Stamp Charges 8000
Total Down Payment 493165
100K dealer discount on an Elegance TDI AT! Is that a standard quote/upfront offer currently running for September or have you negotiated it out? Which dealership is this? Have you finally decided on a Laura DSG?

81K on insurance is cazy! I'm assuming that is for 'Skoda Shield'.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 15th September 2012 at 20:32.
Old 15th September 2012, 20:53   #2419
BHPian

1L off on the TDi variant isn't a big deal. Apparently Skoda has the 2011 manufactured models in stock, and are offering a HEFTY discount to clear their "older" stock.

I went to TD the 1.8 TSi and they made a very tempting offer, albeit a little over my budget nonetheless. We're looking at a discount of over 1.5L FYI.
Old 16th September 2012, 01:23   #2420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
100K dealer discount on an Elegance TDI AT! Is that a standard quote/upfront offer currently running for September or have you negotiated it out? Which dealership is this? Have you finally decided on a Laura DSG?

yes it includes the skoda shield. so effectively you get skoda shield free + rs 17 k as corporate discount+ another 30 k as incentive for the bank loan passed on by the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
1L off on the TDi variant isn't a big deal. Apparently Skoda has the 2011 manufactured models in stock, and are offering a HEFTY discount to clear their "older" stock.

I went to TD the 1.8 TSi and they made a very tempting offer, albeit a little over my budget nonetheless. We're looking at a discount of over 1.5L FYI.
yes you are getting more discounts on the petrol laura since some of the dealers still have 2011 stock with them and overall on all skoda models the discount on petrol is far more.

but i am looking at only an automatic diesel for which they cars manufactured in march to may 2012.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th September 2012 at 22:00. Reason: merging post
Old 17th September 2012, 08:24   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
hi this the quote i have got

Model Name Skoda Elegance AT
Billing Mumbai
Loan Tenor 60 mnths
On Road Price 2084314
Ex-Showroom Price 1778406
Loan Amt. 1500000
Margin Money 278406
Insurance 81000
Regsitration 220909
EMI 32850
Finance Disc 30000
Dealer Disc 98000
Stamp Charges 8000
Total Down Payment 493165
Discount looks good, just check is this on 2011 manufactured models

Quote:
The insurance includes the extended warranty and 24x7 road assisstance (skoda shield) apart from the insurance. But just for info - the non 0 dep insurance works out to a crazy 48-50k for an ambition model and with 0 dep it works out close to 63k. One can get at least 25-30k lower than that, but the dealer quoting such discounts won't allow you to get the insurance from outside as they squeeze there margins here as well to come to that discounts. I guess the best way is to negotiate and get more from the standard retail offer.
Old 17th September 2012, 11:44   #2422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
One can get at least 25-30k lower than that, but the dealer quoting such discounts won't allow you to get the insurance from outside as they squeeze there margins here as well to come to that discounts. I guess the best way is to negotiate and get more from the standard retail offer.
Yeah I'm aware of this practice. That there is a big nexus between the dealerships and insurance companies is a well known secret. These guys know that new car buyers aren't averse to paying that extra dollar for what is often touted/labeled as a 'one-stop-shop' by the dealership. It's not funny how these guys make handsome commissions by selling insurance themselves through their agents. In fact, some dealerships now have a mandatory policy to buy insurance through them ONLY!

Moreover manufacturers like Skoda, VW etc. are only playing on the 'fear factor' by bundling extended warranty + 24x7 road assistance with 1st year insurance. Their reputation on reliability and A.S.S is now literally the stuff of legends. So whilst it is a good initiative from a customer standpoint, manufacturers and their dealerships have also ensured they don't lose out on margins by automatically locking in the customer from the first stage itself.

The new age win-win I guess!!

Last edited by Omtoatom : 17th September 2012 at 11:47.
Old 17th September 2012, 13:17   #2423
Senior - BHPian

I would buy the extended warranty irrespective , it offers a different value to me i think as a consumer depending on the brand i am buying - yes in the case of Skoda there is a certain 'uncertainty' factory which makes it seem like a worthwhile proposition , in other case such as Maruti , it just makes logical sense irrespective.

I had to fight with my dealer at Skoda quite a lot on the insurance , eventually i took it from them but they came down to the same premium amount that i was getting independently anyway so did not matter.

Quote:

Moreover manufacturers like Skoda, VW etc. are only playing on the 'fear factor' by bundling extended warranty
Old 17th September 2012, 14:40   #2424
BHPian

Hi All,

One of my friend is planning to buy Honda city and currently he is getting following deal (in Bangalore) :

Model : Honda City VMT
On road price : Approximately 10.5 Lacs.This includes free Insurance and Extended Warranty (for 3rd and 4th year)
In addition to this, dealer is providing following accessories for free :
1.) Floor Mats
2.) Reverse Parking Camera
3.) Bluetooth
4.) Teflon Polish

Optionally: If more than one person books car with dealer,they will provide further discounts (dealer did not reveal details)

He has following questions :

1.) Is this a good deal or there is still a scope of negotiating further ?
2.) Would it be a good idea to wait till festival season starts in order to fetch better deal ?
=====================================
Old 17th September 2012, 14:44   #2425
BHPian

Just a heads up for anyone in the market:

1) Laura TSi 1.8 - Up to 2.5L off the ex-showroom price (2011 manufactured engines, cars assembled in 2012).
2) Skoda Yeti Active+ - Up to 2L off on the ex-showroom price.

Got the above offers from Senator Motors, one of the 3 dealers of Skoda in Mumbai.
Old 17th September 2012, 15:54   #2426
Senior - BHPian

there is an offer running

http://www.hondacarindia.com/ownahonda/city/honda.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreddy18 View Post
Hi All,

One of my friend is planning to buy Honda city and currently he is getting following deal (in Bangalore) :

Model : Honda City VMT
On road price : Approximately 10.5 Lacs.This includes free Insurance and Extended Warranty (for 3rd and 4th year)
In addition to this, dealer is providing following accessories for free :
1.) Floor Mats
2.) Reverse Parking Camera
3.) Bluetooth
4.) Teflon Polish

Optionally: If more than one person books car with dealer,they will provide further discounts (dealer did not reveal details)

He has following questions :

1.) Is this a good deal or there is still a scope of negotiating further ?
2.) Would it be a good idea to wait till festival season starts in order to fetch better deal ?
=====================================
Old 17th September 2012, 17:17   #2427
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I'm aware of this practice. That there is a big nexus between the dealerships and insurance companies is a well known secret. These guys know that new car buyers aren't averse to paying that extra dollar for what is often touted/labeled as a 'one-stop-shop' by the dealership. It's not funny how these guys make handsome commissions by selling insurance themselves through their agents. In fact, some dealerships now have a mandatory policy to buy insurance through them ONLY!

Moreover manufacturers like Skoda, VW etc. are only playing on the 'fear factor' by bundling extended warranty + 24x7 road assistance with 1st year insurance. Their reputation on reliability and A.S.S is now literally the stuff of legends. So whilst it is a good initiative from a customer standpoint, manufacturers and their dealerships have also ensured they don't lose out on margins by automatically locking in the customer from the first stage itself.

The new age win-win I guess!!
+1, Just that in such cases of huge discounts, they won't look at parts. I had a similar experience with Hyundai, when I was contemplating to book the elantra, they were also very rigid about it. Skoda's reply is a classic statement "Sir, if you opt for insurance from outside, you won't get the extended warranty and 24x7 assisstance separately". Now who would want to take that risk with Skoda :-)

Quote:
Just a heads up for anyone in the market:

1) Laura TSi 1.8 - Up to 2.5L off the ex-showroom price (2011 manufactured engines, cars assembled in 2012).
2) Skoda Yeti Active+ - Up to 2L off on the ex-showroom price.

Got the above offers from Senator Motors, one of the 3 dealers of Skoda in Mumbai.
Yes, very attractive deals floating around, Took the plunge and booked Laura TSI ambition, will be paying the booking amount this wednesday. You can try to negotiate for slightly more if possible. Also try and get the standard accessories package free and some discounts on other accessories like seat covers etc to make the whole deal sweeter.

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 17th September 2012 at 17:19. Reason: small correction
Old 17th September 2012, 17:24   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, very attractive deals floating around, Took the plunge and booked Laura TSI ambition, will be paying the booking amount this wednesday. You can try to negotiate for slightly more if possible. Also try and get the standard accessories package free and some discounts on other accessories like seat covers etc to make the whole deal sweeter.
I forgot to mention, they're offering an additional 17.5K corporate discount (works even if your blood relative is working for their "Platinum" level company) and giving me 8K worth of accessories for free.

This is a quote I got when I went in for a TD, I'm trying to push it further for sure.

He offered me a deal at 45K for leather seats + wooden trim. Seats by Stanley, he assured me.

TBH, since it's almost year end, car sales at a 6 months low and the availability of 2011 models, I intend to push the discount by another 50K if possible.

Moreover, he told me they're going to re-launch the Ambition on par with the Elegance (Diesel variant fame) by adding a few more features. Phase out the Ambition just like the Active and keep just the ELEGANCE and VRs. All the more reason for him to give me a discount!
Old 17th September 2012, 18:06   #2429
BHPian

Quote:
I forgot to mention, they're offering an additional 17.5K corporate discount (works even if your blood relative is working for their "Platinum" level company) and giving me 8K worth of accessories for free.

This is a quote I got when I went in for a TD, I'm trying to push it further for sure.

He offered me a deal at 45K for leather seats + wooden trim. Seats by Stanley, he assured me.

TBH, since it's almost year end, car sales at a 6 months low and the availability of 2011 models, I intend to push the discount by another 50K if possible.

Moreover, he told me they're going to re-launch the Ambition on par with the Elegance (Diesel variant fame) by adding a few more features. Phase out the Ambition just like the Active and keep just the ELEGANCE and VRs. All the more reason for him to give me a discount!
Senator were the least forthcoming in terms of quoting me a price, though very proactive in giving me a test drive. The above deal looks good. I am also planning to get the leather seats and wooden trim done but thats a distance away as I am planning for next month delivery.

If ambition is discontinued and elegance introduced, the pricing will at least be 1 lakhs higher. If an elegance was available now with that kind of difference would have gone for it, though the current deal is too sweet to be missed.
Old 17th September 2012, 18:20   #2430
BHPian

Quote:
Senator were the least forthcoming in terms of quoting me a price, though very proactive in giving me a test drive. The above deal looks good. I am also planning to get the leather seats and wooden trim done but thats a distance away as I am planning for next month delivery.

If ambition is discontinued and elegance introduced, the pricing will at least be 1 lakhs higher. If an elegance was available now with that kind of difference would have gone for it, though the current deal is too sweet to be missed.

Aye, my only incentive at the moment is to make the best of the current situation.

I think I'll get the door trim done, but get the seats fitted directly from Stanley. According to Stanley's website, Skoda isn't a partner with them, neither do the seat covers have the Stanley logo. Al things considered, the one's the dealership offers is definitely a good fit, but I'd rather spend a little more and get the Satin leather in dual tone.

Autobahn told me they only had "White & Silver". Senator, although the same company, is offering me the color of my choice, including Black and the new Beige.

Most Viewed