Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 11:52   #2446
gemi_kk

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
I'm assuming you are looking at diesels only. Huge discounts; in the range of anywhere between 75K to 100K are manageable on the Linea if you show genuine interest and negotiate even a little. For pretty obvious reasons too - the car is just not selling.

Could you please let me know, what could be the possible discounts that i could manage on a Punto Sport.

I am planning for an upgrade. It would be a diesel.

I am not really a good bargainer. so please do let me know some tips on how to approach the dealer/salesmen.

Old 18th September 2012, 12:00   #2447
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Any offers on Hyundai EON (Magna)

I'm getting a quote of 3.9L with matting, teflon & antirust thrown in. No cash discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
For about 20k more, you will get the Santro with a better 1.1 engine and about 40k more, you can get the i10 1.1 which are both better buys. The only thing in favor of Eon is the interior design.

On the other hand, K10 VXI is available for 3.70 without exchange and 3.50 with exchange Mumbai OTR
I Agree with dipen here.

I cancelled my booking of EON and went and bought Chevy Spark, since Spark was better than EON on most factors. If you insist on buying a Hyundai product, then you should look at Santro and i10 instead. EON is not that bad product, but IMO its pricey.
Old 18th September 2012, 12:02   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
For about 20k more, you will get the Santro with a better 1.1 engine and about 40k more, you can get the i10 1.1 which are both better buys. The only thing in favor of Eon is the interior design.

On the other hand, K10 VXI is available for 3.70 without exchange and 3.50 with exchange Mumbai OTR

Thanks Dipen. It's my FIL who's actually looking at Eon. He stays in Varanasi doesn't do any long drives. More like 20-30km weekly. No highways too just B2B traffic.

I had suggested the i-10 but variant to variant the price difference is about 90k. He had a Santro before so that is ruled out.
Old 18th September 2012, 12:07   #2449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
I had suggested the i-10 but variant to variant the price difference is about 90k. He had a Santro before so that is ruled out.
The 90k difference is for i10 1.2 Magna. You can easily get the 1.1 iRDE comparable model for less than 50k difference.
Old 18th September 2012, 12:13   #2450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
....As for the seats, they assured me of the authenticity, but then claimed that I wouldn't get the "Stanley logo"....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
....And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the inevitable caveat!

Just wondering: would it then be called "stripped down Stanley leather"?!!
I believe the SA is right. I had read in one of the Laura threads that Skoda indeed gives Stanley leathers. Or simply, you can ask the time when the car goes to Stanley & pay a visit to their centre to see ur car getting worked. I guess the process takes around 5-6 hours, so there is ample time for you check it out.
Old 18th September 2012, 12:14   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Buddy i would suggest, go for SX4 ZDI, the company is offering huge discounts. I got 1.1 L discount.

BR

Amit
I believe you would be referring to the Sx4 "Celebration Edition" over here. I recently was out looking for a Diesel Sedan and got various quotes for the Vento, Sx4 & the Verna.

Discounts as of now are only on for Sx4 "Celebration Edition" & Vento HL as far as i am aware.

I can probably save some money if you could throw some light on discounts for the Sx4 ZDi, also were all choices of colors available to you freely ??

Thanks in advance mate !!
Old 18th September 2012, 12:22   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Hey one question to both of you, do we calculate the insurance and registration after dedeucting the discounts from the ex-showroom? The question arises because, yester unrealistic and myself were discussing on the discounts, both of us are being quoted similar discounts, but the OTR price difference is ~ 85k where as the difference in registration is close to 70k between Thane and Mumbai. The difference is not much, but even if I am able to squeeze 15-20k more discount from my dealer, no harm. I can still try to do it as I am going to pay the booking amount tomorrow.

Or may be because I have not considered the 0 dep that is included in my OTR. That explains the difference.

Also @ unrealistic - Earlier JMD had told me a similar thing that I need to pay a substantial amount before they get the car from Aurangabad, but then after some discussions they said that I need to pay a booking amount and when the loan gets sanctioned, they will call the car from Aurangabad.
Shreyas, the Insurance and Registration, along with your loan amount is calculated on the current Ex-Showroom price. They proceed to give you the discount as a deduction on your DP amount. As a result, they end up getting interest on the discounted amount as well.

Moreover, the Senator guy just got back to me stating that the only colors available are White and Silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Amit,

When did you buy the car and what was the on road that you paid. Do you have the break up of the dal that you got.

Regards,
Kailash
Kailashnj, I would strongly suggest you TD and negotiate for the Linea. Personally, I feel both the drive quality and interior is a whole lot better on the Linea as opposed to the SX4. Moreover, you're going to get heavier discounts on a Tata car as opposed to a Maruti car. With adequate negotiations, you can look at 1-1.5L off on the Linea IMO.

Just a thought.
Old 18th September 2012, 13:58   #2453
BHPian

Hahaha, I just went through the best joke of the year right now.

Been to galaxy motors MULUND to inquire for the Linea and the discount that I was offered was only 34k which is nothing but free insurance. I was also told that thee is no emotion pack available and hence there is a waitingg period of 26 days for delivery date of the car and I have to do the booking and wait fr the allotment.

Man how I wished there were better FIAT dealers around.
Old 18th September 2012, 15:33   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Hi, can you please let me know the name of the dealer? A friend is looking to buy the top variant with sunroof et al.
Can you please PM me your friends email ID , honda is giving better discounts for a group purchase.
Old 18th September 2012, 15:52   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreddy18 View Post
Can you please PM me your friends email ID , honda is giving better discounts for a group purchase.
Unfortunately, my friend has settled for a used Civic last week. I called him today to find out about the car purchase thing, and he mentioned he'd got a 2007 V MT at a good deal, and went ahead with the purchase.

As imperative with such Civic decisions, he has immediately gone for a drive to his hometown in TN, keeping in view the Ganesha festival tomorrow and the impending bandh on Thursday. :-)
Old 18th September 2012, 16:19   #2456
Senior - BHPian

Just to add my 2 bits here , when i got the Fabia i was being offered Stanley as well - not as any deal on the car but as an option and it was Stanley that was mentioned , i did not follow up because i did not want them - however i also distinctly do not remember being told that i will NOT get the stanley logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I believe the SA is right. I had read in one of the Laura threads that Skoda indeed gives Stanley leathers. Or simply, you can ask the time when the car goes to Stanley & pay a visit to their centre to see ur car getting worked. I guess the process takes around 5-6 hours, so there is ample time for you check it out.
Old 18th September 2012, 17:02   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
I was very happy with the performance of my Punto and hence when the thought of upgrading, Linea is my first choice. People might say that the FIAT is not good but I have always got a very good support and never had issues with it. Also features like blue and me and the highest ground clearance is good.
That is very gratifying to know buddy.

You'll be glad to note one of my current steeds is a Linea Emotion Pk. I've had no trouble with her over 3 years of ownership. Still drives like a dream! Besides my experience with the A.S.S. in Mumbai has also been pretty satisfactory so I'd never advise anyone against buying one. I was just wanting to know your rationale.

Quote:
SX4 is one of the choice but there has always been a delay in maruti because of the high demands (read that as waiting period).
SX4 ZDi is also fabulous package overall and with the current discounts its running, makes it only more enticing. It'll be worth the wait - that is, if the timeframe is within reasonable limits.

Quote:
So let me try some dealers for these cars and see what I can get.
Goodluck partner. Do keep the group posted.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 18th September 2012 at 17:14.
Old 18th September 2012, 21:10   #2458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Buddy i would suggest, go for SX4 ZDI, the company is offering huge discounts. I got 1.1 L discount. ...
When did you purchase the car? Could you provide the details? 1.1L seems huge from Maruti for a diesel sedan, probably first time too!
Old 18th September 2012, 21:20   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
I believe you would be referring to the Sx4 "Celebration Edition" over here. I recently was out looking for a Diesel Sedan and got various quotes for the Vento, Sx4 & the Verna.

Discounts as of now are only on for Sx4 "Celebration Edition" & Vento HL as far as i am aware.

I can probably save some money if you could throw some light on discounts for the Sx4 ZDi, also were all choices of colors available to you freely ??

Thanks in advance mate !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When did you purchase the car? Could you provide the details? 1.1L seems huge from Maruti for a diesel sedan, probably first time too!

Buddy i have bought Sx4 celebration edition, on which Maruti is offering 50K discount, 50k on car exchange bonus and 25k i got value for my maruti 800.

Celebration model, is nothing but Sx4 Zdi model with Aqua white color only.

BR

Amit
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 00:07   #2460
BHPian

Is there any automatic diesel hatchback ? No budget is set for this. And only looking for new cars and not second hand cars.
No sedans too only hatchbacks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks