Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2012, 00:12   #2461
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Is there any automatic diesel hatchback ? No budget is set for this. And only looking for new cars and not second hand cars.
No sedans too only hatchbacks.
No, no diesel hatchback in India AFAIK. Cheapest Diesel automatic in India, I guess is Verna and Scorpio.

No hatch available and none launching in near future

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 00:24   #2462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001

No, no diesel hatchback in India AFAIK. Cheapest Diesel automatic in India, I guess is Verna and Scorpio.

No hatch available and none launching in near future

Cheers,
Sameer
Thanks for the prompt reply. Then if I choose to go with petrol what are my options in Suzuki, chevrolet,Toyota.
I did check out the i10 Automatic.But on the look out for something else if available.
Need the approximate on road price too.
Old 19th September 2012, 00:38   #2463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda

Thanks for the prompt reply. Then if I choose to go with petrol what are my options in Suzuki, chevrolet,Toyota.
I did check out the i10 Automatic.But on the look out for something else if available.
No AT hatch from Toyota or Chevrolet's stable.

From Suzuki, you've Astar automatic, 4.66l ex showroom.

Cheers
Sameer
Old 19th September 2012, 00:59   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
For petrol automatic you could consider the Suzuki A-Star, Swift Dzire, Hyundai i20. Honda might also launch the Brio AT soon.
Not too many options available in hatches.
Old 19th September 2012, 11:39   #2465
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi All,

I am planning to replace my 7+ old Ford Ikon Flair and looking at Innova GX. Any idea whether Toyota is giving any discounts for Innova ? I am expecting the on road price for GX in Bangalore around 13L +.

Regards,
Gopi
Old 19th September 2012, 11:51   #2466
BANNED

Saw this AD in Delhi Times this morning, the Skoda Yeti being offered @ 12.29L Ex-Showroom Delhi.

I would assume, these are the unsold 2011, base 4X2 variants, but again at this price point if you may haggle with the dealer just a bit more and get an additional K's knocked off, this is a better deal than the Vento HL any given day.

Happy Motoring !!
Old 19th September 2012, 13:31   #2467
BHPian

Planning to buy my wife a BRIO, dealer quote for V model is 5,28,000 OTR Delhi.

So basically getting the insurance, extended warranty and RSA charges waived off.

They have also discounted 20k for the LED and 5k as Corp Discount.

Is this a good offer or should I push them more?
Old 19th September 2012, 17:44   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk
Could you please let me know, what could be the possible discounts that i could manage on a Punto Sport
Great choice of a car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk
I am not really a good bargainer. so please do let me know some tips on how to approach the dealer/salesmen.
Gemi: buddy unfortunately there is no fixed winning formula. Here are a few pointers that might help though:

1. Know your car well: what's it selling like? Is there a high/low demand for it? What are the average wait times? Corporate/ cash discounts currently running? A Punto Sport would easily slot itself into the slow moving category, so you have that much more elbow room in your deal.
2. Speak to at least 3-4 different dealerships and don't hesitate to compare. As a customer, you have every right to ensure you get the best deal.
3. Generally speaking, petrol cars in India are tagged with higher discounts due to a slowing demand. So you know you can push for more there.
4. Be confident and assertive. Information is the key. Dealerships are notorious for taking the uninitiated on a joy ride.
5. If time isn't much of a factor in the equation, wait till the 3rd or 4th week of the month to close out your deal. It is just that time of the month when dealerships typically offer a little more to incentivize buyers and push sales along.
6. Don't be afraid to ask. T-BHP is a wonderful tool to find relevant information.

Finally, keep reading this and associated threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj
Hahaha, I just went through the best joke of the year right now.

Been to galaxy motors MULUND to inquire for the Linea and the discount that I was offered was only 34k which is nothing but free insurance. I was also told that thee is no emotion pack available and hence there is a waitingg period of 26 days for delivery date of the car and I have to do the booking and wait fr the allotment.

Man how I wished there were better FIAT dealers around.
Why don't you check with Fortune and Concorde Motors also? I bought mine from Fortune 3 years back and the experience was pretty satisfactory.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 18:06   #2469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
...Any idea whether Toyota is giving any discounts for Innova ? I am expecting the on road price for GX in Bangalore around 13L +.
Should NOT be! What's the waiting period in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post

So basically getting the insurance, extended warranty and RSA charges waived off.

Try & get the handling charges [if there] removed as well. What's LED ?
Old 19th September 2012, 19:43   #2470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What's LED ?
I presume Honda were giving a free Sony 32" 'LCD' TV along with the Brio and they must be discounting that price in case a customer does not pick it up.
Old 20th September 2012, 02:49   #2471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post

Why don't you check with Fortune and Concorde Motors also? I bought mine from Fortune 3 years back and the experience was pretty satisfactory.
Can you tell which Fortune Cars did you visit. Was it the one in Powai or somewhere else.

I am sure there will be more that they can give. Galaxy motors is acting pricey that's it. But now I think I will wait for the FIAT's Absolute model to be launched before closing on the deal.

Also any news on the Safari Storme launched date as I am also interested in that one.
Old 20th September 2012, 08:50   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Should NOT be! What's the waiting period in Bangalore?

Try & get the handling charges [if there] removed as well. What's LED ?
A TV, they are giving a Hitachi 32' LED or 20k off.
bruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 09:08   #2473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post

Is this a good offer or should I push them more?
You can push for 5-7k more, a friend of mine is getting a quote of ~ 5.22 OTR delhi for VMT.
Old 20th September 2012, 10:08   #2474
BHPian

Any idea about the OTR price for Verna fluidic in Bangalore? Anyone enquired recently?
Old 20th September 2012, 12:11   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
Any idea about the OTR price for Verna fluidic in Bangalore? Anyone enquired recently?
Which variant and Diesel or petrol ?

Please specify so that, Anyone can help you here.

Cheers,
Sameer

Most Viewed