Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2012, 12:51   #2476
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Can you tell which Fortune Cars did you visit. Was it the one in Powai or somewhere else.
Yup, when I bought mine it was from their dealership at Powai opposite L&T. It has since shifted to Marwah Estate near Saki Naka, Andheri (E)

Quote:
I am sure there will be more that they can give. Galaxy motors is acting pricey that's it. But now I think I will wait for the FIAT's Absolute model to be launched before closing on the deal.
Yes at that time, I found these folks a lot more customer-centric than any of the other Fiat dealerships. At a time when the Emotion Pk trim was in high demand, they fast-tracked my case and were able to deliver the car to me on a specific day - which I was very clear about from the outset.

Of course it did help that someone referred me to Sanjay Chandra who's the Director @ Fortune Cars. Do meet with him, he's quite a reasonable guy. Will help if you are able to strike a rapport with him. Things will move smoother.

Quote:
Also any news on the Safari Storme launched date as I am also interested in that one.
It is expected anytime now. In fact, here is a relevant insight by Zigwheels that I recently read:

http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...launch/14118/1

Last edited by Omtoatom : 20th September 2012 at 12:56.
Old 20th September 2012, 16:12   #2477
gemi_kk

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Great choice of a car!

Thanks

Gemi: buddy unfortunately there is no fixed winning formula. Here are a few pointers that might help though:

1. Know your car well: what's it selling like? Is there a high/low demand for it? What are the average wait times? Corporate/ cash discounts currently running? A Punto Sport would easily slot itself into the slow moving category, so you have that much more elbow room in your deal.
2. Speak to at least 3-4 different dealerships and don't hesitate to compare. As a customer, you have every right to ensure you get the best deal.
3. Generally speaking, petrol cars in India are tagged with higher discounts due to a slowing demand. So you know you can push for more there.
4. Be confident and assertive. Information is the key. Dealerships are notorious for taking the uninitiated on a joy ride.
5. If time isn't much of a factor in the equation, wait till the 3rd or 4th week of the month to close out your deal. It is just that time of the month when dealerships typically offer a little more to incentivize buyers and push sales along.
6. Don't be afraid to ask. T-BHP is a wonderful tool to find relevant information.

Thanks mate!! The problem is that, no dealers are offering discounts upfront. when asked seriously, they are saying that the amount could reach around 50K max. I am planning only for a MJD. Petrol is a No no. My current drive is palio 1.6 Sport so the next drive Will be MJD because of running costs.

I found that, most of the salesmen are not at all interested in selling Fiat's. When they are interested, they try to sell, so they offer something better. The attitude is something like "This is what it is. Take it or leave it"

Some times i feel like switching over to another car like swift/other car in and around the budget line. But i am more emotional towards FIAT because of some past experiences. And these salesmen are playing with me. No one calls back. these guys are Least interested in selling their cars.

Old 20th September 2012, 17:39   #2478
Team-BHP Support

Got this mailer on VW Power Packed Offer today
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-vw-power.jpg

http://www.volkswagenlive.in/volkswa...ked_offer.html

Last edited by vb-saan : 20th September 2012 at 17:43. Reason: Picture added
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 19:24   #2479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san

I am tempted by these offers. But I will wait it out till I have funds for XUV,which is gonna be a long wait.
Old 20th September 2012, 22:56   #2480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Attachment 989286

Guess they are going to announce the Polo / Vento refresh on 25/26th September. Otherwise why would the offer be relevant ONLY for pieces ordered before 25 Sept?!
Old 20th September 2012, 23:25   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
Planning to buy my wife a BRIO, dealer quote for V model is 5,28,000 OTR Delhi.

So basically getting the insurance, extended warranty and RSA charges waived off.

They have also discounted 20k for the LED and 5k as Corp Discount.

Is this a good offer or should I push them more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
You can push for 5-7k more, a friend of mine is getting a quote of ~ 5.22 OTR delhi for VMT.
Hi, following my reply, I spoke to my friend in Delhi again. He has now got a deal for 5.15 lakhs OTR delhi for the VMT which includes - 0% depreciation insurance add on, basic accessories like mats, car cover, mud flaps, 3m polish etc.
Old 21st September 2012, 01:39   #2482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guess they are going to announce the Polo / Vento refresh on 25/26th September. Otherwise why would the offer be relevant ONLY for pieces ordered before 25 Sept?!
Another refresh ?? Wasnt the Vento/Polo refreshed in the beginning of the month already ?
Old 21st September 2012, 09:45   #2483
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Another refresh ?? Wasnt the Vento/Polo refreshed in the beginning of the month already ?
I guess.. this is for those models, which werent refreshed in september. The ones of 2012 which were produced prior to their refresh.

I see piles of VW cars in their stockyard, which is close to my Home. If you are planning for one. better wait till the festive season.

Old 21st September 2012, 10:01   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I spoke to one of the dealer on this and got to know that the discount given in the mailer is only for trendline and comfortline variants, not for highline

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 21st September 2012, 10:34   #2485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Which variant and Diesel or petrol ?

Please specify so that, Anyone can help you here.

Cheers,
Sameer
Perdone. Diesel fluidic is what I was exploring. SHould have clarified. Thanks for pointing.
Old 21st September 2012, 11:44   #2486
BHPian

Guys, any good offers in a diesel hatch? I am thinking of booking the Ritz or Beat diesel. If any other diesel hatch has good offers and is value for money then will go for that.
Old 21st September 2012, 14:59   #2487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Guys, any good offers in a diesel hatch? I am thinking of booking the Ritz or Beat diesel. If any other diesel hatch has good offers and is value for money then will go for that.
Figo diesel has some offers going on. And if you can find some un-sold pre-facelft Ritz, there could be discounts. Please check.
Old 21st September 2012, 16:01   #2488
BHPian

Bro, I don't want the old one, gonna buy the ZDI variant only. I was gonna buy the Polo diesel. Let's see will check out the dealers in the weekend. Thanks!
Old 21st September 2012, 16:51   #2489
BHPian

Skoda Laura VRS 2011 Models going for 1399999 + Corp Disc (17500 to 35000) + Skoda Shield Free.

Booked mine in Blue.
prithwi-81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 18:40   #2490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Skoda Laura VRS 2011 Models going for 1399999 + Corp Disc (17500 to 35000) + Skoda Shield Free.

Booked mine in Blue.
OTR or Ex-showroom ? And is it only in Ggaon ? Approximately, whats the total discount coming up to ?

Most Viewed