Old 22nd September 2012, 09:49   #2491

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
I think without any negotiations, you can get skoda shield free, thats what was told to me as well. So thats around 70-75k depending upon which model you are opting for. Additionally you can negotiate for 15-20k, so 90k quoted manyu looks fine. Last month the discounts on diesel were higher. Though discounts on petrol laura have gone up by ~ 25-30k this month. You can also negotiate to get the standard accessories free, which skoda quotes for 8k, this includes mud flaps, floor mats, mirror lock and polishing of the car before delivery.
in the laura diesel besides cosmetic diff between the ambition and the elegance the ac is also diff in the sense that the ambition has a manual ac while the elegance has climatronic control. also the elegance has a air quality sensor. does this add up to any real benefit in terms off the ac

I am undecided between the ambition and thee elegance. ambition interiors are a bit bare.
Old 22nd September 2012, 11:38   #2492

Originally Posted by amidoc

in the laura diesel besides cosmetic diff between the ambition and the elegance the ac is also diff in the sense that the ambition has a manual ac while the elegance has climatronic control. also the elegance has a air quality sensor. does this add up to any real benefit in terms off the ac

I am undecided between the ambition and thee elegance. ambition interiors are a bit bare.
IIRC, the Elegance has a dual-zone climatronic AC while the Ambition has a manual (climatic) one. Hence the real benefit is that you can have 2 different temperature zones within the cabin. The air quality sensor, while handy, is a qualitative add-on.

Another important differentiation is that the Elegance rides on 16" rubber wrapped around 'Proxima' alloys while the Ambition has 15" rubber around 'Pyxis' alloys. These are just the names Skoda uses for their various alloy designs and the difference is visually apparent.

What's the OTR difference stacking up to? You're considering the MT or the DSG?
Old 22nd September 2012, 11:58   #2493

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
IIRC, the Elegance has a dual-zone climatronic AC while the Ambition has a manual (climatic) one. Hence the real benefit is that you can have 2 different temperature zones within the cabin. The air quality sensor, while handy, is a qualitative add-on.

Another important differentiation is that the Elegance rides on 16" rubber wrapped around 'Proxima' alloys while the Ambition has 15" rubber around 'Pyxis' alloys. These are just the names Skoda uses for their various alloy designs and the difference is visually apparent.

What's the OTR difference stacking up to? You're considering the MT or the DSG?
I am considering the dsg. I am firm that my next car is going to a diesel automatic given the traffic on the roads and the dsg is a real gem to drive. the the diff betweeen the 2 comes to appox 1.6 lakhs . the suggestion from the dealer is to buy the ambition and put the leather and the wooden panels at a additional cost of of 65 k approx. it still is a saving of 1 lakh. also the lower profile tires might be an issue on mumbai roads leading to a stiffer ride.
Old 22nd September 2012, 12:57   #2494

I am considering the dsg. I am firm that my next car is going to a diesel automatic given the traffic on the roads and the dsg is a real gem to drive. the the diff betweeen the 2 comes to appox 1.6 lakhs . the suggestion from the dealer is to buy the ambition and put the leather and the wooden panels at a additional cost of of 65 k approx. it still is a saving of 1 lakh. also the lower profile tires might be an issue on mumbai roads leading to a stiffer ride.
If DSG is the criteria, I feel the ambition maybe a better option. Other than the leather seats and ACC, there is nothing much to differentiate, or justify the premium pricing. Infact I feel the brushed aluminum inserts in the Ambition looks better than the plasticky faux wood in the Elegance. If you want leather seats, you can look for something like Stanley (instead of going with the 65k quote from the dealer).

For a detailed review of the Laura Ambiente DSG, check out moderator .anshuman's ownership thread.
Old 22nd September 2012, 13:33   #2495

Originally Posted by vb-san
If DSG is the criteria, I feel the ambition maybe a better option. Other than the leather seats and ACC, there is nothing much to differentiate, or justify the premium pricing. Infact I feel the brushed aluminum inserts in the Ambition looks better than the plasticky faux wood in the Elegance. If you want leather seats, you can look for something like Stanley (instead of going with the 65k quote from the dealer).

For a detailed review of the Laura Ambiente DSG, check out moderator .anshuman's ownership thread.
+1. Laura dsg is a gem of a vehicle. I haven't owned one but get to drive this often. No other vehicle in that price tag can make you grin.
Old 22nd September 2012, 13:53   #2496

thanks. just got back from a test drive. the car is wonderful to drive with the hardly any diesel clatter reaching the interior and powerful just felt that the ac was slightly ineffective that the cooling is not in the league of the honda city which i currently have.
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:12   #2497

Yup, I think that's a wise option on 3 counts:

1. A DSG makes imminent sense in Mumbai. Apart from the obvious driving pleasure and butter-smooth shifting, your left leg is going to very grateful!
2. A 160K difference is substantial - almost 10% of the cost of the car. By all means, if you buy the Ambition DSG, get aftermarket enhancements (preferably from the dealership itself to ensure accountability/warranty) and in the process, are able to put money back into your pocket; why the heck not?! My friend has done just that and he's very happy with what he's got. The FTD quotient for both is still the same so I don't think the incremental cost justifies those qualitative add-ons.
3. Yes, the ride will be a little stiffer on the shorter 55 sidewalls. On Mumbai roads, the difference will be even more apparent. However otherwise, there is no difference in the way the two Lauras are tuned - so that is entirely your call there.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 22nd September 2012 at 14:16.
Old 22nd September 2012, 17:25   #2498

Ex showroom. For me company pays reg + insurance. I think for ggn its about 1.3l more on road. Total Discount is nearly 3L.

Damn good deal if u ask me, only snag is tht its a 2011.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 18:04   #2499

Originally Posted by prithwi-81
Ex showroom. For me company pays reg + insurance. I think for ggn its about 1.3l more on road. Total Discount is nearly 3L.

That's bloody damned good! Immensely mouth-watering deal you got there buddy. Would you mind splitting the 300K discount for us?
Old 22nd September 2012, 18:15   #2500

Originally Posted by prithwi-81

That's really cool deal !! But I am not surprised. I got 2.1L discount before Aug price hike and I know one of the forum member got close to 2.5L discount post price hike.
Like I mentioned somewhere else on forum, best time to buy a petrol car!! Just do pre booking inspection and go for it.
Old 22nd September 2012, 18:21   #2501

Will be booking the Laura vRS early next month. Expecting some awesome deals now!
Old 22nd September 2012, 22:16   #2502

Originally Posted by YashD
Will be booking the Laura vRS early next month. Expecting some awesome deals now!
Please do let us know the deals you get. I heard atleast a lakh discount on vRS.
Old 22nd September 2012, 22:27   #2503

Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Please do let us know the deals you get. I heard atleast a lakh discount on vRS.
Hope I get that! Planning to buy a new car from last 5-6 months and after waiting for several cars and stuff back to Laura vRS. I may get some additional discounts too as the dealership is owned by my dad's good friend. So expecting a very sweeter deal
Old 23rd September 2012, 10:01   #2504

Krishna Automobiles (Ludhiana, Punjab) have been bombarding daily messages with their deal on BMW X1 @ 21.7 Lac valid for the last 3 days.
Old 23rd September 2012, 10:38   #2505

Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone
Krishna Automobiles (Ludhiana, Punjab) have been bombarding daily messages with their deal on BMW X1 @ 21.7 Lac valid for the last 3 days.
On road price ? In Mumbai the on road translates to 28 lac for x1 20d ce , thanks to generous multi level taxation in Mumbai