Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 10:54   #2506
BHPian

Its around 25-26 lakhs out their on-road! Which again proves to be an expensive deal. The tax in our country is really high and well government loves ruining Indian automobile industry.
Old 23rd September 2012, 18:40   #2507
BHPian

[quote="amidoc"]

Hi Amidoc,

What is the OTR they are offering you for Laura Ambition AT?

Here the OTR is 19L, they are offering it for 16.94 L. A discount of 2L. It seems the offer is only for this month.

What do you guys say?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Rameshdude : 23rd September 2012 at 18:42.
Old 23rd September 2012, 19:17   #2508
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

[quote=Rameshdude;2912373]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc

Hi Amidoc,

Here the OTR is 19L, they are offering it for 16.94 L. A discount of 2L. It seems the offer is only for this month.

What do you guys say?

Thanks in advance.
hi is this for the diesel version. the thane on road individual is 18.25 which includes the skoda shield. the initial quote i have got for the dealer is 17.35 which includes the skoda shield free and a corporate discount of 17 k. The discount you have is real good. just ensure that the car is 2012 manufactured or if its 2011 u know that.

thanks
Old 23rd September 2012, 19:24   #2509
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

[quote=amidoc;2912449]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post

hi is this for the diesel version. The discount you have is real good. just ensure that the car is 2012 manufactured or if its 2011 u know that.

thanks
Yes,this is for the diesel . 2012 make AT.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:40   #2510
BHPian

[quote=Rameshdude;2912373]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc

Hi Amidoc,

What do you guys say?

Thanks in advance.
Seems to be an awesome deal, go for it. You don't generally get high discounts on diesel variants!
Old 24th September 2012, 00:45   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
That's bloody damned good! Immensely mouth-watering deal you got there buddy. Would you mind splitting the 300K discount for us?
35k is basically corp discount offered to most companies.
3L Discount is skoda offer for September. Keeping my fingers crossed that my company gets the P.O out asap. :-)
Old 24th September 2012, 08:42   #2512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barua View Post
On road price ? In Mumbai the on road translates to 28 lac for x1 20d ce , thanks to generous multi level taxation in Mumbai
That's Ex-Showroom price. On road pricing would come close to 26 lacs. For Chandigarh residents, It would be around 24 lacs.
Old 24th September 2012, 14:31   #2513
Senior - BHPian

Just thought i would post this in case it helps , went to the Honda showroom at Bikaji yesterday as i was passing by it , no real offers running other than what is being advertised - Insurance free and exchange bonus of 25,000 as well. Additionally a corporate discount which could be in the region of 5000 - 10,000.

So all in all a max discount of 60,000 on the city. Also , the exchange bonus , if i recall correctly , is only on V and above variants , the lower ones only qualify for free insurance.
Old 24th September 2012, 15:10   #2514
BHPian

Bangalore dealer, Vinayaka, has offered about 2 lakhs Rupees discount on Laura TSI. This is applicable only on Classic, Which I was thinking has been discontinued. The sales man said few cars of 2011 classic model are still available. The 2 Lakh discount will bring the on road price of the 2011 make classic to 14 Lakhs with out the 4 year warranty. Is this a good deal? I have seen some one is getting the ambition for 13.5 lakhs on road in Bombay in this thread. I know there is a difference in road tax with respect to Bangalore, but still, isn't this difference a big one?
Old 24th September 2012, 17:38   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post

What do you guys say?
I think that is one heck of a deal considering we're talking the diesel here. Usually the TDIs run the customary corporate discount only. So this is almost (if not more than) a petrolesque markdown in the case of a Laura TDI. The DSG only makes that the icing on the cake. Definitely worth the leap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post

hi is this for the diesel version?
Don't mean to nitpick buddy but there's no AT on the TSI. And very very unfortunately at that I'd say - considering the Superb is available in the same engine mated to the fab DSG box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
3L Discount is skoda offer for September. Keeping my fingers crossed that my company gets the P.O out asap. :-)
That is just super-duper partner. My suggestion: same as above to Mr. Ramesh - dive right in
Old 24th September 2012, 18:04   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post

And very very unfortunately at that I'd say - considering the Superb is available in the same engine mated to the fab DSG box!
But that DSG is problematic as I have heard of many failures. I feel the manual is far more enjoyable (for me atleast).
Old 24th September 2012, 19:44   #2517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
But that DSG is problematic as I have heard of many failures. I feel the manual is far more enjoyable (for me atleast).
Once you drive/own a car with DSG and can afford it... there is no going back. A DSG with paddle shifters (missing in Laura) can take on any manual on any day of the week, both in fun as well as shift times, whilst saving your left foot!
Old 24th September 2012, 20:14   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Once you drive/own a car with DSG and can afford it... there is no going back. A DSG with paddle shifters (missing in Laura) can take on any manual on any day of the week, both in fun as well as shift times, whilst saving your left foot!
I dont know about that. I recently bought a manual Jetta (considered the dsg also). I tried the dsg and found the manual to be more fun to drive. Maybe its just my perspective. Fortunately for me, my left foot is still intact and hope it will be for more years to come.
Old 24th September 2012, 20:25   #2519
BHPian

Well this could be come as a shocker to many. Diesel goes down slightly and Honda are back at it:

Quote:
Honda Motor Co will raise the price of its three most popular cars in India by as much as 2.6 percent from October 1 due to rising input costs, high inflation and the impact of a recent hike in diesel prices, the Japanese carmaker's Indian unit said.
Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/16530136.cms

Mods: Not sure 'bout the right section.
Old 24th September 2012, 22:58   #2520
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess which model gets it worst? The Jazz of course! Due to it's more CKD nature, price goes up by 15k.

God help Honda.

Last edited by itwasntme : 24th September 2012 at 22:59. Reason: Font

Most Viewed