Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2012, 09:35   #2581
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

HI , i have not purchased it yet , i am hoping to do the booking in a few days but undergoing the same issue you raised of colors , there is some confusion on the dealer end on what is available and what is not , changes status every day , hoping to get a confirmation today / tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Did you buy from dealer's existing stock or did they get one from the plant. If from the plant do advise the colour of the vehicle. A friend is in the process of picking one up but there is some confusion regarding the colours available, info from your end will be of help. BTW I too picked one on the 26th in Bronzo Scuro but mine is a TJet+ and from the dealer's stockyard with similar discounts.
Old 16th October 2012, 12:24   #2582
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Yes, I read that in your post. Hope skm1967 responds soon, as it will help in your case too if his Jet has come in from the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
HI , i have not purchased it yet , i am hoping to do the booking in a few days but undergoing the same issue you raised of colors , there is some confusion on the dealer end on what is available and what is not , changes status every day , hoping to get a confirmation today / tomorrow.
Old 16th October 2012, 15:31   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Did you buy from dealer's existing stock or did they get one from the plant. If from the plant do advise the colour of the vehicle. A friend is in the process of picking one up but there is some confusion regarding the colours available, info from your end will be of help. BTW I too picked one on the 26th in Bronzo Scuro but mine is a TJet+ and from the dealer's stockyard with similar discounts.
Hi

Mine is also a T-Jet + , BNW color and I got it from the plant. In response to your query, I checked from Fiat's territorial manager today to know the latest status. What he has conveyed is that only 3 BNW T-Jets of 2010 make are available at the plant now. He also mentioned that one T-Jet + of SBB color might be available, the make and condition of which he was not sure. He said he would check and confirm if I wanted. I didn't press further. However, there are a few T-Jets available with dealers, a SBB with Mohandas Motors at Trivandrum though condition doesn't seem to be great. BTW congrats on your Bronzo Scuro T-Jet +.
skm1967 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 15:43   #2584
BHPian

Displaying ex-showroom price on company website should be made mandatory

Starting a new thread here, as I could not find a relevant thread to say this: -

The first thing most prospective car buyers do these days is check the manufacturer's website for specifications and pricing information. Most makers have detailed pricing information for their vehicles that one can look up and filter by variant and/or city. However, some of the makers - most notably Volkswagen India - do not provide any information on pricing on their websites. VW India isn't the only one - there are others too like Ford and Nissan. This leaves prospective customers completely at the mercy of the dealers. For example, if the local dealer gives you a pricing chart which says Car Model A Variant B carries ex-showroom price of 925000 you would have to go by that and you would have no way of cross-checking whether what he is saying is true, especially if that's the only dealer in the city.

I know from personal experience that dealers do tend to fiddle around with the pricing. I have seen (ex-showroom) price increased in the range of 8K to 20K by dealers. This isn't fair business practice as the ex-showroom price affects the IDV, insurance premium, and road taxes. And quite simply, why should one pay a rupee more than what really is the price? As customers we should have the right to know the right price, because unlike most other things that we buy, vehicles do not come with the maximum chargeable price printed.

I propose that Team-BHP as a forum of enthusiasts submit this idea (that displaying ex-showroom price on company website by variant and city should be made mandatory for vehicle manufacturers) to the relevant ministry/government body. We all know Team-BHP wields a power to effect potential influence, I guess it's time to use that power to bring about positive changes in the Indian car market.
snkjr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 16:51   #2585
BHPian

Re: Displaying ex-showroom price on company website should be made mandatory

Ford does provide city specific price quotes for all their models (and their variants) on their website for any public visitor.

For Ford, just click on 'Quote' on top of the homepage. Direct link: http://www.india.ford.com/buying/request-quote

Nissan also provided online prices for its cars. However, often there is no city specific ex-showroom price. For Micra, visit http://www.nissan.in/en/web/homepage...nIndex.htm#482

For Sunny, visit http://nissansunnyindia.com/price.html

And so on for other Nissan models.

Yes, I support the view that every car manufacturer must provide city specific ex-showroom prices for all their cars and the respective car variants.
IndianGuardian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 17:46   #2586
BHPian

The BMW X1 offer is back in Delhi. X1 20d is being offered for 21.70 L ex showroom. Offer valid till Oct 26.
Old 17th October 2012, 02:31   #2587
Senior - BHPian

Thanks skm1967 & congratulations to you too on your Bossa Nova White. You were one of the lucky people to get the last of the Jets from the plant. The dealers here in the NCR were least bothered about getting the Jets from the plant, now puchoo's dealer seems to have done a U turn on him, so am glad that I picked up mine when I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skm1967 View Post
Hi

Mine is also a T-Jet + , BNW color and I got it from the plant. In response to your query, I checked from Fiat's territorial manager today to know the latest status. What he has conveyed is that only 3 BNW T-Jets of 2010 make are available at the plant now. He also mentioned that one T-Jet + of SBB color might be available, the make and condition of which he was not sure. He said he would check and confirm if I wanted. I didn't press further. However, there are a few T-Jets available with dealers, a SBB with Mohandas Motors at Trivandrum though condition doesn't seem to be great. BTW congrats on your Bronzo Scuro T-Jet +.
Old 17th October 2012, 10:38   #2588
Senior - BHPian

After the launch of facelifted Ford Figo, its time to revise the diesel hatchback scene in India based on price. All prices are ex-showroom Delhi and all prices here are of the top-end variants.

Beat diesel is the cheapest diesel hatch while the i20 is the costliest. However, each company has various different offers on each car, so the actual price may be different and the ranking would get shuffled in that case, for instance, the Punto has some good offers and it could effectively be cheaper than the Swift, Ritz and Vista.
  1. Chevrolet Beat Diesel 1.0 LT TCDi with Option Pack:--------583726 /-
  2. Ford Figo 1.4 Diesel Titanium:-----------------------------599990/-
  3. Etios Liva Diesel D4D GD-SP:------------------------------617685
  4. Maruti Ritz ZDi:-------------------------------------------626237/-
  5. Tata Vista QJD ZX:---------------------------------------640269/-
  6. Maruti Swift ZDi:-----------------------------------------682768/-
  7. Fiat Punto Emotion (75 HP):-------------------------------684904/-
  8. Fiat Punto Emotion (90 HP) (Not sure if this exists now):----721808/-
  9. Fiat Punto Emotion (90 HP) SPORT:------------------------736154/-
  10. Volkswagen Polo TDi Highline:------------------------------742203/-
  11. Skoda Fabia TDi Elegance:---------------------------------742220/-
  12. Hyundai i20 Asta:------------------------------------------744685/-

EDIT: Added Etios Liva.

Cheers!

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 17th October 2012 at 11:04.
ajay_satpute is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 10:57   #2589
gemi_kk

Re: Displaying ex-showroom price on company website should be made mandatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
Starting a new thread here, as I could not find a relevant thread to say this: -

The first thing most prospective car buyers do these days is check the manufacturer's website for specifications and pricing information. Most makers have detailed pricing information for their vehicles that one can look up and filter by variant and/or city. However, some of the makers - most notably Volkswagen India - do not provide any information on pricing on their websites. VW India isn't the only one - there are others too like Ford and Nissan. This leaves prospective customers completely at the mercy of the dealers. For example, if the local dealer gives you a pricing chart which says Car Model A Variant B carries ex-showroom price of 925000 you would have to go by that and you would have no way of cross-checking whether what he is saying is true, especially if that's the only dealer in the city.

VW for sure doesnt put prices in its website. I have observed this behavior with VW europe sites too.. (Long time ago). I dont see anything wrong in this. This is the way they Market the product. They are just putting the least info on web so that the customer goes to the dealer and the customer feels WOW. The WOW factor consideration I agree because when i went to VW dealer, i felt the same.

Regarding the prices, Toyota is the culprit. An example.
Etios GDSP Ex showroom in Hyd: 730000
Life tax 12%: 87600 but they put 5K more than this on paper.
Additional Charges: 10K below that they mention saying 1L km 3 years warranty cost + handling charges... something like this. But the factory warranty itself is 3 years 1L km.

How come the dealer is charging for this? This should be taken up by the government or Media channel like CNN and telecast through out the world. Only then, some things will get corrected.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

Last edited by .anshuman : 18th October 2012 at 01:12. Reason: See note in post

Old 17th October 2012, 11:03   #2590
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by skm1967 View Post
Hi

Would you please check, are there any MJD's available in the plant? Could you please provide some contacts? One of my colleague is looking for it. As he doesnt have a Team Bhp acc, i am posting on behalf of him.

Old 17th October 2012, 20:06   #2591
BHPian

Hyundai i10 1.1 Magna quote: 4,60,000 Hyderabad OTR after all discounts.

Freebies: Mp3 player, Central Locking, Mud Flaps, Floor mats, Seat covers, Steering cover, Perfume and few other things.

Is this the best deal I can expect? When asked about corporate discount he said we are already giving so much discount and freebies so it is included.

Should I wait till December or go ahead? Please advice.
Old 17th October 2012, 20:58   #2592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Would you please check, are there any MJD's available in the plant? Could you please provide some contacts? One of my colleague is looking for it. As he doesnt have a Team Bhp acc, i am posting on behalf of him.
Hi,

Sorry I am not sure whether you mean Linea MJD 2011 make or 1.6L MJD. Both these are not available as only Linea 2012s are available at showrooms or at plant and 1.6 MJD is of course not available in India. Seems I am missing something. I have no contacts really, just that I interacted with Fiat Territorial Manager while arranging for delivery of my T-Jet +.
Old 18th October 2012, 10:32   #2593
BHPian

Storme Effect ??

Or Stock clearance ?
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-safari.jpg  

Old 18th October 2012, 12:00   #2594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Storme Effect ??

Or Stock clearance ?
Could you please mention for which variant this price is being advertised. It is definitely not the LX as the ad mentions ABS. But the image is a bit too small so I could not read the fine print.
Old 18th October 2012, 12:07   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
Could you please mention for which variant this price is being advertised. It is definitely not the LX as the ad mentions ABS. But the image is a bit too small so I could not read the fine print.
This price is for LX model.
Not the storme one.

Most Viewed