Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2012, 19:03   #2596
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

hi all,
I am in the process of buying an Etios GD SP, which is about 8.8L on road in Bangalore. The dealer is giving a discount of 15k on this, and so the price is about 8.65L on road.

Now, the salesman claims that there will be a price increase in December or Jan, and it would be of the order of 2%. And i would not get a discount of 15k. So, that effectively makes the same car costlier by about 40k.

Can anyone confirm if the price increase by Toyota is a normal thing every year? Do all manufacturers increase price around the beginning of the year?

My original plan was to buy early next year, but if the prices are going to be increasing by 40k, i would like to buy it now during the festive season.
Old 18th October 2012, 20:40   #2597
gemi_kk

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
hi all,
I am in the process of buying an Etios GD SP, which is about 8.8L on road in Bangalore. The dealer is giving a discount of 15k on this, and so the price is about 8.65L on road.

Now, the salesman claims that there will be a price increase in December or Jan, and it would be of the order of 2%. And i would not get a discount of 15k. So, that effectively makes the same car costlier by about 40k.

Can anyone confirm if the price increase by Toyota is a normal thing every year? Do all manufacturers increase price around the beginning of the year?

My original plan was to buy early next year, but if the prices are going to be increasing by 40k, i would like to buy it now during the festive season.
I believe, no manufacturer would ever try to increase the prices in the month of November or december. If they do it, then it would be an exception.

The sales of cars will fall down in the month of December. and they would be a lot steeper in the month of Jan, feb and maxing out in march.

I believe that, you can get around 40K in the form of discounts. i am just saying this, because even Etios is in my radar. Need to wait and watch how the game begins.

Already, the Auto industry growth is less than what's required. if they keep on increasing the prices again and again, who will buy?

Another thing, What toyota has given in Etios other than cost cutting to increase the prices? 1 Engine and 1 steering. rest of the stuff is nothing and on what basis they are planning to increase the prices again?

When i enquired, the salesman was ready to give accessories worth 10 K and some corporate discount and some rebate of 8-10 K. How come its only 15K in your case?

The sales man is taking you for a ride. just wait.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 18th October 2012 at 21:05.
  (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 23:28   #2598

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a new hatch back shortly and am looking at the Brio S (O) MT/VMT. I checked out the deals at 2 dealers in Bangalore and they quoted significantly different prices.

a) Whitefield Honda is offering a 30k discount + free insurance on the Brio which brings the S (O) MT to 5.8 and VMT to 6.0 onroad.

Dakshin Honda on the other hand seems to be offering only a 15k discount + free insurance.

I was wondering why such a difference and if any one has got an better offer on the Brio in Bangalore.

b) I loved the parking sensor + display in rear view mirror in the i20 Asta and am planning to get a similar system installed in the Brio. Has anyone here got this installed in the Brio? Any pointers on which system is good and any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ro
Old 19th October 2012, 16:53   #2599
Distinguished - BHPian

News from ET Online (sorry, unable to paste link):

Mitsubishi cuts Pajero Sport price by nearly 2 lakhs citing localization savings.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 17:55   #2600
BHPian

Tata Aria introduces the new TATA ARIA PURE LX.

Now ARIA start at 9.95 lacs.
Great move TATA.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-aria-lx.jpg  

KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 23:23   #2601
BHPian

Hello all,

I have been car hunting and have test driven a few cars over the last couple of days (at Dehradun, UK). Following are the discounts being offered:

Honda City (P) --> Waive off on insurance for all city models (barring corporate)
Tata Manza (D) --> Cash discount of ~40k on Manza models (not on Club class range)
Fiat Linea (D) --> Festival package (Navigation system, rear parking sensors etc) being given along with free insurance.
Nissan Sunny (P) --> 2 gm gold coin or accessories worth 15000/-
Renault Scala (P) --> Free Navigation system, rear parking sensors, door strips.
Mahindra Verito (D) --> Free insurance.
Ford Fiesta Classic Titanium (D) --> No discounts!

That's all for now! Will keep updating as I learn more about the current/up-coming discount offers.

Cheers!
xadityax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 02:29   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA
Now ARIA start at 9.95 lacs.
Great move TATA.
But this is a completely stripped down variant. No dual mass fly wheel. No ABS n No airbags and a long list of stuff removed.

I am not too happy.

What are the advantages of dual mass flywheel ?
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 07:36   #2603
BHPian

Has anyone bought Skoda car from the new dealer in Kochi, St Antony's Automobiles. How is their work with respect to new car delivery? Did they give you any offers? Any service feedback yet?
Thanks in advance
Old 20th October 2012, 08:09   #2604
BHPian

Hi,

Can someone let me know whether the below mentioned prices are correct?

Maruti Swift LDI BSIV On Road Price in Bangalore
Ex Show Room Price:
Rs. 5,60,346
Insurance Amount:
Rs. 19,757
Registration Amount:
Rs. 86,854
Total On-Road Price:

Rs. 6,66,956

Maruti Swift VDI BS IV On Road Price in Bangalore
Ex Show Room Price:
Rs. 6,08,005
Insurance Amount:
Rs. 21,350
Registration Amount:
Rs. 94,241
Total On-Road Price:

Rs. 7,23,596

Maruti Swift ZDi On Road Price in Bangalore
Ex Show Room Price:
Rs. 6,91,585
Insurance Amount:
Rs. 24,145
Registration Amount:
Rs. 1,07,196
Total On-Road Price:

Rs. 8,22,925

If possible do let me know the waiting period for these cars.

Are any deductions made to the booking amount, should one decide to cancel the order?

Thanks
Shailesh
Old 20th October 2012, 10:43   #2605
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend got his Renault Scala RxL Petrol delivered yesterday from Palace Orchids showroom in Bellary Main Road.

Cost - 9.7 Lacs. No freebies nothing. All accessories chargeable.

The vehicle was not even cleaned up from the yard, just wiped when the delivery was made. Pathetic to say the least. There were lots of deliveries, but most of them had to shout at the top of their voice to get things moving.

Yet to drive the car. Will post an update after I drive it.
Old 20th October 2012, 10:44   #2606
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150
What are the advantages of dual mass flywheel ?
Reduce the NVH levels. The stripped down version gets a single mass fly wheel, so refinement will not be as good.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th October 2012 at 10:45.
Old 20th October 2012, 11:39   #2607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post

Cost - 9.7 Lacs. No freebies nothing. All accessories chargeable.
Not enough negotiation here? I went to a Scala showroom at Uttaranchal yesterday and they agreed to 'extend' the freebies (Map my India, Reverse parking sensor, door strips) that are being offered in the diesel model for petrol as well. Maybe the car is selling well in Bangalore and so the team is not desperate to push it any further....
Old 20th October 2012, 20:24   #2608
BHPian

I am looking at buying the Honda Brio Automatic, any help with the discounts running on the same would be much appreciated.
cheers
Sid
Old 20th October 2012, 20:57   #2609
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

Can someone let me know whether the below mentioned prices are correct?

Maruti Swift LDI BSIV On Road Price in Bangalore
Ex Show Room Price:
Rs. 5,60,346
Insurance Amount:
Rs. 19,757
Registration Amount:
Rs. 86,854
Total On-Road Price:

Rs. 6,66,956

Maruti Swift VDI BS IV On Road Price in Bangalore
Ex Show Room Price:
Rs. 6,08,005
Insurance Amount:
Rs. 21,350
Registration Amount:
Rs. 94,241
Total On-Road Price:

Rs. 7,23,596

Maruti Swift ZDi On Road Price in Bangalore
Ex Show Room Price:
Rs. 6,91,585
Insurance Amount:
Rs. 24,145
Registration Amount:
Rs. 1,07,196
Total On-Road Price:

Rs. 8,22,925

If possible do let me know the waiting period for these cars.

Are any deductions made to the booking amount, should one decide to cancel the order?

Thanks
Shailesh
Yes, the prices are correct.
You can manage some freebies maybe, worth some 5-7K on Swift.
As of now, the delivery of swift can happen in <20 days. When i recently checked, the dealer in hyderabad was ready to deliver it in two weeks. The case is not same with Dzire. it has some 6 months waiting list.

OT. why dont you consider Etios or Punto. punto offers better value for money and the other offers the reliability that no other manufacturer can match.

Old 20th October 2012, 22:28   #2610
Senior - BHPian

Gurgaon
FORD FIGO NEW TITANIUM
Ex showroom 606790
Insurance 16238
Registration 28342
Handling charges 6250

Includes 3 year 120k warranty and RSA

Most Viewed