Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2012, 09:19   #2611

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hello All,

I'm in the process of buying a Honda City 2012 S-MT,

The dealer is offering me the car at 10 lacs, this is after an insurance waiver of 15,195 and an additional 12k corporate discount.

He is also offering body cover, rear parking sensor, rubber mats and teflon coating.

The deal includes the extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th year along with road side assistance.

Is this a good offer?
Old 22nd October 2012, 14:33   #2612

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I am considering the i20 Asta (1.2 Petrol) and the dealer (Trident Hyundai) is only offering insurance free (~ 23k) and a corp discount of 3k. On road price comes upto 7.37 L. Has anyone got a better deal on the Asta in Bangalore?

Trident claims the car is selling well and hence there are no discounts.
Old 22nd October 2012, 15:59   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoylewis View Post
Hello All,

===================
Is this a good offer?
Can you check the below Honda India link for Bangalore (I presume) ex-showroom cost? The 10 lacs you have quoted above seems to be on the higher side even after including RTO charges.

http://www.hondacarindia.com/ownahonda/pricelist.aspx

Source: Honda India website dated 22nd Oct 2012
Old 22nd October 2012, 16:39   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Yes, the prices are correct.
You can manage some freebies maybe, worth some 5-7K on Swift.
As of now, the delivery of swift can happen in <20 days. When i recently checked, the dealer in hyderabad was ready to deliver it in two weeks. The case is not same with Dzire. it has some 6 months waiting list.

OT. why dont you consider Etios or Punto. punto offers better value for money and the other offers the reliability that no other manufacturer can match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

Can someone let me know whether the below mentioned prices are correct?

Maruti Swift LDI BSIV On Road Price in Bangalore
Ex Show Room Price:
Rs. 5,60,346
Insurance Amount:
Rs. 19,757
Registration Amount:
Rs. 86,854
Total On-Road Price:

Rs. 6,66,956

Maruti Swift VDI BS IV On Road Price in Bangalore
Ex Show Room Price:
Rs. 6,08,005
Insurance Amount:
Rs. 21,350
Registration Amount:
Rs. 94,241
Total On-Road Price:

Rs. 7,23,596

Maruti Swift ZDi On Road Price in Bangalore
Ex Show Room Price:
Rs. 6,91,585
Insurance Amount:
Rs. 24,145
Registration Amount:
Rs. 1,07,196
Total On-Road Price:

Rs. 8,22,925

If possible do let me know the waiting period for these cars.

Are any deductions made to the booking amount, should one decide to cancel the order?

Thanks
Shailesh
Are you speaking about Etios or Etios Liva? I would consider Polo against Swift instead of Punto/ Etios Liva. Agreed that Toyota's quality and A.S.S is unmatched, but the car is too boring (especially the interiors) and not peppy as compared to Swift/ Polo.
Old 22nd October 2012, 16:54   #2615
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Are you speaking about Etios or Etios Liva? I would consider Polo against Swift instead of Punto/ Etios Liva. Agreed that Toyota's quality and A.S.S is unmatched, but the car is too boring (especially the interiors) and not peppy as compared to Swift/ Polo.
I dont think that you will enjoy the 3 pot polo to the max.
Yes the punto is a market dud, but it has very good dynamics and ofcourse, its cheaper than swift and polo.

I said Etios only because, Reliability is my top priority. I just wanted to ensure that you dont end up buying a Lemon. I dont mean swift is a lemon, but you have something good at the same price.

Ofcourse Etios is a bit boring but the Trust of Toyota overshadows the interiors of that car. Have a look, there is nothing wrong. No one is forcing you to buy it right?

Old 22nd October 2012, 19:47   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
If reliability is of utmost importance then the Toyota is an absolute no brainer.But the maruti come very very close to the toyota in reliability so there is no huge gap in reliability between the two.There are so many cars to choose from. If you list what you want in a car then we can narrow it down for you if you dont mind
Old 22nd October 2012, 22:26   #2617

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikamail View Post
Can you check the below Honda India link for Bangalore (I presume) ex-showroom cost? The 10 lacs you have quoted above seems to be on the higher side even after including RTO charges.

http://www.hondacarindia.com/ownahonda/pricelist.aspx

Source: Honda India website dated 22nd Oct 2012
Hi the price I mentioned is the on road price complete with registration, insurance etc, its basically the price I will pay the dealer should I buy the car.
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:24   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
Hi the price I mentioned is the on road price complete with registration, insurance etc, its basically the price I will pay the dealer should I buy the car.
I understand. However, for a S-MT model, 10 lacs is still higher and it seems he is charging you for all the additional benefits that you have indicated (which unfortunately means not many freebies). A V-MT for this price is understandable but in my opinion, a S-MT at 10 lacs on-road is not a great deal offered by the dealer. I would suggest you get a detailed break-down of all charges above ex-showroom and share with the forum for members' suggestions for further dealer negotiations.
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:49   #2619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

The dealer is offering me the car at 10 lacs, this is after an insurance waiver of 15,195 and an additional 12k corporate discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avikamail View Post
I understand. However, for a S-MT model, 10 lacs is still higher and it seems he is charging you for all the additional benefits that you have indicated (which unfortunately means not many freebies).
I agree with avikamail here. 10 lacs is a bit costly for S-MT. One of my team mates is getting V-MT for 10.4 lacs on-road here in Pune. Even if we consider that Bangalore prices are very high compared to other cities, still S-MT should be less than 10 lacs.

@binoylewis: Did you talk to any other Honda dealer? Try and negotiate between multiple dealers, since usually most discounts come from the dealers themselves, on top of what the company offers as standard discount.

All the best!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 16:44   #2620
BHPian

And now Nissan announces price hike...

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...47.html#toptag
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:44   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
And now Nissan announces price hike...

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...47.html#toptag
Is there a geniune pressure to raise prices under such tough market conditions or is this another marketing gimmik to try and push sales in October? Why else would this announcement come in the last week of the month otherwise? Did Nissan take so long to realize that its input and transportation costs have been adversely impacted?

I wouldnt be surprised if the showrooms would be more tha glad to 'help' customers to procure Micra/Sunny at 'lower prices' over the next one week! If it otherwise, the maybe I am being over-suspicious...
Old 23rd October 2012, 21:15   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I agree with avikamail here. 10 lacs is a bit costly for S-MT. One of my team mates is getting V-MT for 10.4 lacs on-road here in Pune. Even if we consider that Bangalore prices are very high compared to other cities, still S-MT should be less than 10 lacs.

@binoylewis: Did you talk to any other Honda dealer? Try and negotiate between multiple dealers, since usually most discounts come from the dealers themselves, on top of what the company offers as standard discount.

All the best!
Yup! I got a call from a Pune dealer offering an additional 10k festival discount over and above the 23k insurance waiver and corporate discount for the S-MT. I am myself in the market for one and waiting for the sweet spot (read discount!) to be hit soon.

@binoylewis: If it's not too late already, then you should be able to negotiate a better deal.
avikamail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 22:14   #2623

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute

All the best!
Hi ajay thanks for your reply, at the moment I'm interacting with whitefield Honda but I'll check with dakshin Honda as well.
This is my first time buying a car so I'm very new to the process and how to bargain with the dealer. In your opinion what would be a fair price for the Honda City -Smt?
Old 23rd October 2012, 22:19   #2624

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikamail

Yup! I got a call from a Pune dealer offering an additional 10k festival discount over and above the 23k insurance waiver and corporate discount for the S-MT. I am myself in the market for one and waiting for the sweet spot (read discount!) to be hit soon.

@binoylewis: If it's not too late already, then you should be able to negotiate a better deal.
@avikamail thank you for your mail, i still haven booked the car and therefore have not paid anything yet. From what I understand you right now have a 23 k insurance waiver + 10k festival discount+corporate discount of what I assume is 10k so that's a total of 43k am I right? Has the dealer offered you any freebies like reverse parking sensors etc???
Old 24th October 2012, 00:22   #2625
Team-BHP Support

Nissan to increase Sunny/Micra prices. No changes to Evalia pricing.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...ue&ref=wl_home

Most Viewed