Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2012, 09:59   #2626
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoylewis View Post
@avikamail thank you for your mail, i still haven booked the car and therefore have not paid anything yet. From what I understand you right now have a 23 k insurance waiver + 10k festival discount+corporate discount of what I assume is 10k so that's a total of 43k am I right? Has the dealer offered you any freebies like reverse parking sensors etc???
Yup! around that much though my corporate discount is lesser than yours . The other dealer is offering insurance waiver + corporate discount + reverse parking sensors + UV coating. My sweet spot is to get these accessories along with the festival discount. Keeping fingers crossed.

Happy Dusshera to all!
Old 24th October 2012, 11:23   #2627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xadityax

Is there a geniune pressure to raise prices under such tough market conditions or is this another marketing gimmik to try and push sales in October? Why else would this announcement come in the last week of the month otherwise? Did Nissan take so long to realize that its input and transportation costs have been adversely impacted?

I wouldnt be surprised if the showrooms would be more tha glad to 'help' customers to procure Micra/Sunny at 'lower prices' over the next one week! If it otherwise, the maybe I am being over-suspicious...
Well, it could be both. They certainly want to clear out their inventory and a price-hike fear trick always works. Also, there might be some annual labor charge etc increase that's leading them to follow the suit when every1 else has also hiked the price. Only issue is that any major hike in Sunny will only help Scala sell more and not otherwise. :d
Old 24th October 2012, 12:15   #2628
BHPian

Offtopic: i learnt a valuable lesson in 2010. Never take delivery of the car on Akshyathrithiya or diwali or any big festive day. I would book the car for festive discounts but will insist not to take delivery on the day when dealer will have 10 times more delivery than normal day.
They just can't handle the rush.
I took delivery of brand new car on diwali in 2010, but the way in which they handled put a very bad taste on day one. Minimal or no cleaning, several hours of waiting, most deliveries are done in a rush, so you don't even get the 'feel' of buying a new car. Everyone is busy running around while you are left frustrated even to get simple answers.
Just my personal experience, not meant to hurt sentiments.
harishpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 10:36   #2629
gemi_kk

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
Well, it could be both. They certainly want to clear out their inventory and a price-hike fear trick always works. Also, there might be some annual labor charge etc increase that's leading them to follow the suit when every1 else has also hiked the price. Only issue is that any major hike in Sunny will only help Scala sell more and not otherwise. :d
You are Correct.
Another reason could be that, during year end, they would be giving (if any) any discounts on the new price, which wouldnt affect their margins much. so all in all, its a win-win. Customer feels that, he got a good rebate. Company feels, No huge loss on the old inventory.

Old 25th October 2012, 12:50   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by celeron15 View Post
I am considering the i20 Asta (1.2 Petrol) and the dealer (Trident Hyundai) is only offering insurance free (~ 23k) and a corp discount of 3k. On road price comes upto 7.37 L. Has anyone got a better deal on the Asta in Bangalore?

Trident claims the car is selling well and hence there are no discounts.
Sounds about right buddy. The missus has also purchased the i20 Asta (1.2 Petrol) about 4 months back. The outflow was thereabouts - I don't think pricing has changed drastically from then. Mumbai has marginally lesser OTR than Bengaluru. So 7.37 L there seems quite good to me - maybe you can try and knock off a few grand when you sit down to finalize across the table.

Trident is right though - the car is indeed bringing home fabulous numbers. Our monthly sales charts will amply vouch for that. So discounting is going to be few and far between. As a matter of fact, back then we weren't even offered any free insurance. Just the customary corporate discount and whatever I could shave off in my final negotiations. I did manage a handsome quote on the insurance though.

Btw have you zeroed in on the i20 Asta? What color?

Last edited by Omtoatom : 25th October 2012 at 12:53.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 14:11   #2631
BHPian

Hi,
I am getting a quote of 10.8L OTR in Bangalore for Skoda Rapid Ambient+ 1.6 TDi. The dealer is TAFE, St.Marks road. The price includes discounts of upto 25K. Attached is their price list. Eager to know the opinion here.
Will check with Vinayaka motors (Bellary road) also soon.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NEW PRICE LIST RAPID PLUS.pdf (38.6 KB, 406 views)
nma83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 15:58   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83
Hi,
I am getting a quote of 10.8L OTR in Bangalore for Skoda Rapid Ambient+ 1.6 TDi. The dealer is TAFE, St.Marks road. The price includes discounts of upto 25K. Attached is their price list. Eager to know the opinion here.
Will check with Vinayaka motors (Bellary road) also soon.
Vento highline is offered at 10.8L OTR in Mangalore. (After a lot of bargaining) . Ask for more!
Old 25th October 2012, 16:26   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Vento highline is offered at 10.8L OTR in Mangalore. (After a lot of bargaining) . Ask for more!
Thanks for the information sunsetorange. What was the road tax in Mangalore?
Old 25th October 2012, 20:23   #2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikamail

Yup! around that much though my corporate discount is lesser than yours . The other dealer is offering insurance waiver + corporate discount + reverse parking sensors + UV coating. My sweet spot is to get these accessories along with the festival discount. Keeping fingers crossed.

Happy Dusshera to all!
Okay so after bargaining a lot more with the dealer I have got the a 10k festival discount.

so that means a total of 27k(insurance) + 10k corporate discount+10k festival discount that is total of 47k cash discount plus he s throwing in rubber mats+reverse parking sensor+body cover and Teflon coating.

My on road price is working out to 9.9 lacs
Old 25th October 2012, 22:27   #2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Sounds about right buddy. The missus has also purchased the i20 Asta (1.2 Petrol) about 4 months back. The outflow was thereabouts - I don't think pricing has changed drastically from then. Mumbai has marginally lesser OTR than Bengaluru. So 7.37 L there seems quite good to me - maybe you can try and knock off a few grand when you sit down to finalize across the table.

Trident is right though - the car is indeed bringing home fabulous numbers. Our monthly sales charts will amply vouch for that. So discounting is going to be few and far between. As a matter of fact, back then we weren't even offered any free insurance. Just the customary corporate discount and whatever I could shave off in my final negotiations. I did manage a handsome quote on the insurance though.

Btw have you zeroed in on the i20 Asta? What color?
I booked an Ember Grey i20 Asta yesterday at Trident. Btw, they are accepting bookings only for the new i20 with LED day riding lights. So the price is up by 10k. I did some research and figured that I could buy insurance for 18k v/s the 24k that Trident quotes. So asked for a cash discount instead of the free insurance. The only other freebies were a 3k corporate discount, body cover and mats. All in came up to 7.4L. Delivery expected in 2nd week of Nov.
Old 26th October 2012, 05:35   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83
Thanks for the information sunsetorange. What was the road tax in Mangalore?
Isn't it the same all over Karnataka ? My colleague booked the car a couple of days ago. Will ask when i find him.
Old 26th October 2012, 09:18   #2637
BHPian

So finally booked my Honda City S-MT Sparkling Brown (Thank You very much!) on auspicious Dussera day. Delivery is next week.

I showed a lot of disinterest in closing the sale and that helped me get an On-the-road price of 9.23 lacs that includes Insurance (22k), Corporate discount (6k), festival discount (10k), handling charge rebate (3k - 50% reduction), reverse sensors (LED on dashboard with matching dashboard color), UV coating (God knows what that is!) and PU seat covers (biege). I knocked off the 0% depreciation charge from the insurance deal as well for this year.

I will write more on the sales experience after I get the delivery so as to not jinx the good going so far.

And then there's going to be the story and debate on the Sparkling Brown but heart over head is the tagline is for me nowadays.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:28   #2638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoylewis View Post
Okay so after bargaining a lot more with the dealer I have got the a 10k festival discount.

My on road price is working out to 9.9 lacs
Quote:
Originally Posted by avikamail View Post
So finally booked my Honda City S-MT Sparkling Brown (Thank You very much!) on auspicious Dussera day. Delivery is next week.

I showed a lot of disinterest in closing the sale and that helped me get an On-the-road price of 9.23 lacs that includes Insurance (22k), Corporate discount (6k), festival discount (10k), handling charge rebate (3k - 50% reduction), reverse sensors (LED on dashboard with matching dashboard color), UV coating (God knows what that is!) and PU seat covers (biege). I knocked off the 0% depreciation charge from the insurance deal as well for this year.
Congratulations to both of you!

@avikamail: You seem to have got a tremendous deal man. Which dealer did you go to?

For both: Avoid any sort of 3M product offers from the Honda dealers. Especially in Pune, 3M has closed their tie-up with Honda dealerships, due to incorrect application of 3M products by the Honda staff. Many customers came back complaining to 3M and then 3M inspected the way Honda staff were applying their products and found discrepancies. So please be wary of this.

Do start your ownership threads soon.

All the best !
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 10:37   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by celeron15 View Post
I booked an Ember Grey i20 Asta yesterday at Trident. Btw, they are accepting bookings only for the new i20 with LED day riding lights. So the price is up by 10k. I did some research and figured that I could buy insurance for 18k v/s the 24k that Trident quotes. So asked for a cash discount instead of the free insurance. The only other freebies were a 3k corporate discount, body cover and mats. All in came up to 7.4L. Delivery expected in 2nd week of Nov.
Congrats on your car. I was doing R&D on i20, and was more inclined towards diesel. Any particular reason for opting for petrol?
Also, ain't there no festive discount being offered currently? Personally I do not prefer those DRLs, and I believe 10k is too much just for the DRLs. (Or is there any other change in the car?)
Old 26th October 2012, 12:14   #2640
BHPian

Test drove the Rapid 1.6 MPI today and was more impressed with the way it drives (since I have never driven a diesel before). The quoted price for the Ambition+ petrol is 9.5L OTR, not bargained for discounts yet. Stuck in the classic conundrum of choosing between petrol and diesel!

Most Viewed