Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 14:03   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
^^Thanks Karthik,

So going by the Percentage of discounts from this data, i should atleast expect a Rs 15,600 discount, on the petrol active model. So the final price to be paid should be around 4.59 L. Could others comment as well if this would be a wise thing to go for?

I feel that its rather, better to go for a freshly manyfactured BS-IV model, than availing this relatively small discount. That would give me the freedom to choose a color of my choice as well (I like the white one and the one available is red). Please suggest.
This is the offer price. If the sales exec sounds like he is trying to push you the car since its lying around for a long time, I guess you should start pushing for further discounts. If you manage to get a discount like 30-40k, its worth, else the BS4 should be better.
Old 18th August 2010, 17:08   #257
BHPian

Can any one tell what is the discount avaliable for Swift Dezire ZXI in Bangalore , can we demand loyality bonus avaliable across all maruthi brands or only select few , trying to go with pratham .
Old 19th August 2010, 01:15   #258
BHPian

^^^^^

Yes you can claim royalty bonus accross all Matuti cars. But discounts vary. I think it goes at max 10,000.

I have the whole price list from Pratham Motors Bangalore. Anyone need it ? Just send me a PM.

Discounts : A-Star and Estilo have a 25,000 cash discounts going on now.

My bro booked A-Star VXI in Kolkata for 4.05L.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:24   #259
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know what are the discounts going on for

1. Toyota Innova GX D4D
2. Tata Safari GX VTT DiCOR 4X4

in Delhi/Noida and Mumbai? What should be the best sqeeze from dealers if any?
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:30   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
This is the offer price. If the sales exec sounds like he is trying to push you the car since its lying around for a long time, I guess you should start pushing for further discounts. If you manage to get a discount like 30-40k, its worth, else the BS4 should be better.
How would you register the BS-III vehicle in Bangalore?
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:44   #261
Senior - BHPian

^ The dealerships would get it registered at city outskirts RTOs that are not BS4.
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:47   #262

I had booked the new Wagon R VXi ABS model. The dealership is not even offering any freebies (mudflaps included) Has anyone in the forum come across any freebies or discount for new Wagon R model?

Sigamani
Old 24th August 2010, 11:48   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigamani View Post
I had booked the new Wagon R VXi ABS model. The dealership is not even offering any freebies (mudflaps included) Has anyone in the forum come across any freebies or discount for new Wagon R model?

Sigamani
Sigamani

I think that MUL gives no freebies for their new releases. Normally the freebies are given by the dealers, and if the vehicle is selling well and has a waiting period, there is no incentive to share the profits!

I bought the Alto K10 and got nothing, excepting a "free" puja (the dealer had a dedicated mandir at the delivery centre!). In Delhi this applies to all MUL vehicle which have a waiting period - Wagon R Vxi, Alto K10, Swift/Desire. All the slow moving vehicles are having 25,000 to 45,000 discounts from MUL plus what you can negotiate from the dealer.
Old 24th August 2010, 17:33   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Sigamani

I think that MUL gives no freebies for their new releases. Normally the freebies are given by the dealers, and if the vehicle is selling well and has a waiting period, there is no incentive to share the profits!

I bought the Alto K10 and got nothing, excepting a "free" puja (the dealer had a dedicated mandir at the delivery centre!). In Delhi this applies to all MUL vehicle which have a waiting period - Wagon R Vxi, Alto K10, Swift/Desire. All the slow moving vehicles are having 25,000 to 45,000 discounts from MUL plus what you can negotiate from the dealer.
Thanks Aroy for your reply. I had enquired for Wagon R LXi and they said 10K discount is there. (That is in the form of ICE. No cash discount though). And as you rightly said the dealer is not budging to anything as well. The best I got is initially they said it is 4 month waiting period but they now said vehicle is ready after 2 months. Now I am waiting for loan papers to clear off.

I got a story there as well. HDFC Bank said that CITIBank doesn't process ECS at correct times so they need all 35 post dated cheques. As of now I don't have that much cheques, so I placed an order for it. Again it will take time.

Sigamani
Old 26th August 2010, 15:39   #265
BHPian

Hi guys, its been a long time!! I was packed off to the UK on one helluva engagement but somehow escaped and back in India now. I used to own a black Fiat Palio 1.6 that I had to sell urgently. The gentleman who bought it from me probably is on here. Not sure though.

So, we are about to be a family, kid's on the way. Yikes! And so while we anxiously await and look forward to nights of pooping, no sleeping and heavy crying, the hunt for the "cheap car" starts. I've been searching T-BHP non-stop and reading / analysing / thinking about what I should buy.

So, just like Mr.Funkykar, I am also in search of a diesel car below 5L. Primary reasons for wanting to go diesel is to help in the long road-trips we'll take with the baby. And reduce monthly out of pocket expenses.

Everywhere I see, there is not a good diesel to be had anything below 6L. I really want to avoid going for a used car if I can.

Is my favorite car, the Fiat Palio MJD, still in production? Life span threatened in anyway? Any clue about the on-road price? I just want to make sure I get something that I'll keep for the next 3-4 years.

So, please let me know your ideas.

1. Should I go for a new car or a used car?
2. If diesel was not the criteria, what would be the petrol car you'd go for under 5L?
3. Are there any discounts on the cars you are recommending?

Please help.
Old 31st August 2010, 16:56   #266

Does anybody knows about the Diamond / Ruby offers that Maruti is giving to certain corporate customers (if we show that we are working in xxx company). When i searched in MSIL i got the below link but no further details.

Corporate Sales

Do you know how much they give offer for such diamond / ruby customers?
Old 1st September 2010, 10:39   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Hi guys, its been a long time!! I was packed off to the UK on one helluva engagement but somehow escaped and back in India now. I used to own a black Fiat Palio 1.6 that I had to sell urgently. The gentleman who bought it from me probably is on here. Not sure though.

So, we are about to be a family, kid's on the way. Yikes! And so while we anxiously await and look forward to nights of pooping, no sleeping and heavy crying, the hunt for the "cheap car" starts. I've been searching T-BHP non-stop and reading / analysing / thinking about what I should buy.

So, just like Mr.Funkykar, I am also in search of a diesel car below 5L. Primary reasons for wanting to go diesel is to help in the long road-trips we'll take with the baby. And reduce monthly out of pocket expenses.

Everywhere I see, there is not a good diesel to be had anything below 6L. I really want to avoid going for a used car if I can.

Is my favorite car, the Fiat Palio MJD, still in production? Life span threatened in anyway? Any clue about the on-road price? I just want to make sure I get something that I'll keep for the next 3-4 years.

So, please let me know your ideas.

1. Should I go for a new car or a used car?
2. If diesel was not the criteria, what would be the petrol car you'd go for under 5L?
3. Are there any discounts on the cars you are recommending?

Please help.
Try and TD the Alto K10. There are a lot of reviews here. I too bought it in early August. It is an ideal vehicle for a small family, though I got it as a run-about for going to markets to augment the Esteem The main advantages are

- Petrol consumption rated at 20. I got 12+ in heavy stop and go traffic of Delhi with AC going full blast. The next tank full I am driving on open roads and it seems to be giving around 17 with AC on. You may in fact get lower per kilometer costs with the K10 than some of the diesel vehicles.

- Price : One of the best VFM, at 3.5 lacs in Delhi for the top of line metallic paint version. You will have a lot of change left from 5L. Useful for setting up your establishment as well as provisioning for additions to the family.

- Performance - as others have commented beats the other hatches hands down.

- Leg space for two persons is phenomenal as you can push the seats back to the rear bench. With rear seats down you get a massive luggage space.

- The AC is one of the best I have seen. The AC can easily comptete with cars in 7+ lac class.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:30   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSinha View Post
^^^^^

Yes you can claim royalty bonus accross all Matuti cars. But discounts vary. I think it goes at max 10,000.

I have the whole price list from Pratham Motors Bangalore. Anyone need it ? Just send me a PM.

Discounts : A-Star and Estilo have a 25,000 cash discounts going on now.

My bro booked A-Star VXI in Kolkata for 4.05L.

Is there a loyalty discount for A-Star on this month ? According to the dealers here, there is no such discount, only exchange bonus ( which I am not in the position to take)
Old 9th September 2010, 13:43   #269

Hi Guys,

I want to check the quote I got from Hyundai, Bangalore for i20 Magna - 4.74L after all discounts(Free Insurance+ 3year service + 10K Corporate Discount).

I am thinking of booking the car tomorrow - want to know should I ask for more discount?

Thanks
Sam
Old 9th September 2010, 13:55   #270
BHPian

^^ I guess you meant the i10 Magna! In Hyderabad, the I20 Era itself costs 5.30Lacs OTR.

Last edited by SilkDrive : 9th September 2010 at 13:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks