Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2012, 15:43   #2716
jpm
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
What are the best disciunts offered on Brio EMT & SMT

2 weeks back i was offered 33k discount on EMT & 23K on SMT, are their any better deals available.

Also is it better to go for a new car now during diwali or in dec?
Last week, I was quoted 5.26L OTR for SMT Brio (Capital Honda, Trichy). After dangling the cheque book, came down to 5.09L including Extended Warranty+10K Accessories+registration in my city (50km away).

For the fact, i did sign the cheque for Brio SMT Urban Titanium. But the sly SA who promised me next day delivery till then, suddenly changed course and pushed me for Electric Blue/Flash Red saying that titanium color may take upto a month. I literally tore the cheque in front of him and Honda lost a confirmed customer there.

Booked a Micra instead the same day.

Last edited by jpm : 6th November 2012 at 15:47. Reason: pedantics
Old 6th November 2012, 16:04   #2717
jpm
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I am in the lookout for replacing our family sedan, the trusty Ikon 1.6 Rocam.

Primarily interested in the Vento for its please-all personality.

Rapid not considered.

I am looking at the Vento CL Diesel.

Susee VW, Trichy quoted 10.68L OTR
offers:
1) free insurance - 38k
2) corporate bonus - 8k
3) exchange bonus - 10k

bringing the OTR down to 10.12L

Ext. Warranty - 11.8K

Working out to 10.23L OTR

-------------------------------------------

HL Diesel quoted at 11.4L OTR is out of my budget

-------------------------------------------
I have Several questions which even after hours of surfing and searching have not been answered.

1) The dealer is intent on pushing CL Bridge model stating that the refresh mainly addresses HL versions and doesnt add anything of significance to CL variant. The radio-cd player was the set from pre refresh HL and NOT RCD310.
He also stated that blackened headlamps were only available on HL.

Now am confused as to whats the actual difference between Bridge CL vs Refresh CL. Much obliged if someone can enlighten.

2) Dealer has bridge models in stock but refresh model may take a month or two. I am aware this may simply be a sales ploy to push his old inventory. I dont mind it, if as he says there is no difference between refresh CL and bridge CL.

3) If the music system is not RCD310 then which one is it? Does it come with steering mounted controls?

4) The dealer also offers the TL diesel for 9.23L OTR after discounts which is mouth watering but to me it seems too barebones as compared to CL.

5) Are the prices fair or can I try to further negotiate a bit further?
Old 6th November 2012, 19:37   #2718
BHPian

@JPM Why is the Rapid not considered? Only the Highline makes Vento feature rich. Comfortline is beaten hollow by Ambition plus. Airbag and ABS are not available on Comfortline. Both are a necessity on the powerful car. I am looking for a car with dual airbags and hence Elegance vs Highline was considered and I found Vento feature rich in comparison. Skoda has the insurance offer too.
Old 6th November 2012, 22:16   #2719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
Last week, I was quoted 5.26L OTR for SMT Brio (Capital Honda, Trichy). After dangling the cheque book, came down to 5.09L including Extended Warranty+10K Accessories+registration in my city (50km away).

For the fact, i did sign the cheque for Brio SMT Urban Titanium. But the sly SA who promised me next day delivery till then, suddenly changed course and pushed me for Electric Blue/Flash Red saying that titanium color may take upto a month. I literally tore the cheque in front of him and Honda lost a confirmed customer there.

Booked a Micra instead the same day.
You should send this feedback to Honda, The dealer and SA is culprit here.
Old 7th November 2012, 00:02   #2720
jpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
@JPM Why is the Rapid not considered?
Skoda not considered purely for brand and worries about its A.S.S. Frankly even its salespeople werent interested in selling their cars; instead one guy was yapping on about how rapid and yeti () had met skoda's internal targets for 2012 and hence they were fulfilling demand by manufacturing 2013 chassis. Ergo, no discounts whatsoever.

Its been 2 weeks since I asked for a TD. No follow up. No courtesy. Goes to show how much they care. At least VW trichy arranged for TDs, kept following up. Though not transparent, at least they tried.

Also, VW wants to downgrade the skoda brand soon as a policy decision so they can have clear demarcartion between the different VAG brands. That has also got me thinking, I should stick to VW inspite of the glaring omissions in the CL as compared to Ambition Plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
You should send this feedback to Honda, The dealer and SA is culprit here.
I also feel sad for Honda. Brilliant car. Yes. But no one wants to be; or at least feel like they have been strong-armed by a two-faced SA. Yet, thats what the dealer tried with me. Had he been forthcoming about the non-availability at the outset, I would have definitely changed my color choice.

Meanwhile Jeevan Nissan has been relatively friendly and transparent. Getting delivered on Friday. Fingers Crossed.
Old 7th November 2012, 04:10   #2721
BHPian

@JPM the same SA gave me the same tale at Skoda. I told him straight to his face that Vento is the same car with better features (highline vs elegance) available at just 25 k more . This was a week ago. He called me up yesterday all sugary toned and said they were ready to give free insurance. I told him I am on the verge of booking the Fiat Linea Emotion MJD Absolute for 10, 74, 000 On Road and asked him to call me if he could match it. He asked me to wait for a day. Now the Fiat looks attractive to me with all bells and whistles. Even the Dynamic for 10, 20, 000 has everything from automatic headlights and wipers! Free insurance brings the price below 10 Lakhs. I am seriously considering the Linea!
Old 7th November 2012, 10:52   #2722
gemi_kk

Quote:
@JPM the same SA gave me the same tale at Skoda. I told him straight to his face that Vento is the same car with better features (highline vs elegance) available at just 25 k more . This was a week ago. He called me up yesterday all sugary toned and said they were ready to give free insurance. I told him I am on the verge of booking the Fiat Linea Emotion MJD Absolute for 10, 74, 000 On Road and asked him to call me if he could match it. He asked me to wait for a day. Now the Fiat looks attractive to me with all bells and whistles. Even the Dynamic for 10, 20, 000 has everything from automatic headlights and wipers! Free insurance brings the price below 10 Lakhs. I am seriously considering the Linea!
I would advice you to wait and then take a decision. No one knows what Fiat is going to do in india. The linea hardly sells. In the past month they have sold 39 Linea's. with this figure, sourcing spares would be difficult down the line. Palio's are much better when it comes to spares as they sold more than what puntos and lineas sold together.

Also, people see fiat owner as a man who has very poor choice of selection and taste. I know they are wrong, but afterall we live in a society right?

my 2 cents.

Old 7th November 2012, 11:57   #2723
BHPian

(Grab the best deal of the year on Skoda cars with discounts up to 3 lacs. Call Gurudev Motors 9962002347 for details.Hurry...offer valid on stock models only)
Got this text last night.
Old 7th November 2012, 12:01   #2724
gemi_kk

Quote:
(Grab the best deal of the year on Skoda cars with discounts up to 3 lacs. Call Gurudev Motors 9962002347 for details.Hurry...offer valid on stock models only)
Got this text last night.
Would you please check and update us on what's best they are offering on Rapid. As you are in a different state altogether, it would be difficult to us.

Thanks in advance.

Old 7th November 2012, 12:06   #2725
BHPian

Hi

Anyone ware of any discounts going on the Verna petrol. Talked to a couple of dealers they quoted a loyalty bonus of 25 k and a corporate discount of about 10k.
Old 7th November 2012, 14:40   #2726
BHPian

(Marning sir,

Skoda Fabia all models
INSURANCE OFFER FREE

Skoda Rapid all models TDI
INSURANCE OFFER FREE

Regards,

GURUDEV MOTORS
Trichy.)

Got this text an hour ago!
Old 7th November 2012, 14:49   #2727
gemi_kk

Quote:
(Marning sir,

Skoda Fabia all models
INSURANCE OFFER FREE

Skoda Rapid all models TDI
INSURANCE OFFER FREE

Regards,

GURUDEV MOTORS
Trichy.)

Got this text an hour ago!
This is the offer thats running, When enquired personally, you can get corporate discount + some more freebies along with this.

Old 7th November 2012, 14:59   #2728
Senior - BHPian

This out yesterday in the Delhi times , i have not called to enquire what the offer is exactly or the components that make it reach 60,000 , assuming insurance would definitely be part of it.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ad0450208.png  

puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 19:08   #2729
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Anyone aware of any running discounts on Ritz Petrol. Not that the new shape is launched, I wanted to know if anyone has enquired for discounts on any inventory remaining with the older shape
Old 7th November 2012, 21:41   #2730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M R K View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone aware of any running discounts on Ritz Petrol. Not that the new shape is launched, I wanted to know if anyone has enquired for discounts on any inventory remaining with the older shape
Old (and new) Ritz (Petrol) in Bangalore have the following offer for Nov:
  • Cash discount or accessories worth 25,000
  • Exchange Bonus worth 25,000
Some dealers offer extra cash discounts on old Ritz to clear stock.

On Diesel Ritz, I think the cash discount/accessories offer is the same, but exchange offer is 10K.

BTW, there is a 30 days to 45 days waiting period on the new Ritz - all news cars seem to be in transit.
sanjaykk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed