Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2012, 07:18   #2731
jpm
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

with novembers offer,
Vento CL Diesel - Candy White (Ramani VW, Madurai)
OTR 10.547L
less insurance - 36k
less exchange bonus - 20k
corp discount - 5k

OTR after discounts: 9.93L
Susee VW, Trichy offers the same now.
----------------------------------------------
For the HL, OTR is 11.60L
12k discount
No Exchange Bonus/No corp discount
11.48L OTR after discounts

A strange thing is VW Trichy keeps insisting that free insurance (40K) offer only applies to HL if reverse parking+navigation is fitted (additional 28k). In effect, Bringing the discount to 12k only. I am sure no company can force me to fit accessories for 28k if i avail the free insurance from mobility max. But the SA keeps insisting on this and doesnt want to budge.

----------------------------------------
Am looking more and more towards CL. Yes, glaring omissions in that variant. But an OTR price difference of 1.57L between CL and HL is a lot.

Last edited by jpm : 8th November 2012 at 07:19.
Old 8th November 2012, 09:44   #2732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm
with novembers offer,
Vento CL Diesel - Candy White (Ramani VW, Madurai)
OTR 10.547L
less insurance - 36k
less exchange bonus - 20k
corp discount - 5k

OTR after discounts: 9.93L
Susee VW, Trichy offers the same now.
----------------------------------------------
For the HL, OTR is 11.60L
12k discount
No Exchange Bonus/No corp discount
11.48L OTR
Contact VW directly and make a complaint if the dealer doesn't budge!!Also post a query on the fb wall!!
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 11:23   #2733
rkg
Senior - BHPian

TATA Motors November Offer

The festive package comprises -

Benefits of upto Rs 1 lakh on the Indica Vista Petrol and Rs 55,000 on the Indica Vista Diesel
Benefits of upto Rs 25,000 - Rs 40,000 on the Nano
Benefits of upto Rs 1.3 lakh on the Manza Petrol and Rs 70,000 on the Manza Diesel
Aria Pure will be offered at a special festive price of Rs 9.95 lakh
Sumo Gold will be offered at a low down payment of Rs 45,000, plus benefits of upto Rs 70,000
Safari DICOR will be offered at a low down payment of Rs 99,000, plus benefits of upto Rs 80,000
Venture will be offered at a low down payment of Rs 45,000, plus benefits of upto Rs 50,000
During this period, customers can also avail of additional attractive exchange offers of upto Rs 50,000.

(Also follow us on Twitter : https://twitter.com/TataMotors)
http://tatamotors.com/media/press-releases.php?id=814
Old 8th November 2012, 13:50   #2734
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi

Anyone ware of any discounts going on the Verna petrol. Talked to a couple of dealers they quoted a loyalty bonus of 25 k and a corporate discount of about 10k.

Around Dusshera there was an offer with 15k discount and haggling would have brought another 2-3k max. They refused to budge on price stating that Verna sells on its own (though I challenge them to compare verna petrol against City petrol). I finally went for Honda City where my heart was anyways set and I also got a good deal. This is in Pune.
Old 10th November 2012, 15:51   #2735
BHPian

Since I'm hunting for a new car, got some details around various offers. Location - Bangalore.

Neo Elantra diesel automatic - No discount.
Laura petrol - upto 2 lakhs. VRS is upto 3 lakhs.
Laura ambient diesel automatic - 1.2 lacs on silver and maroon color.
Ford Fiesta automatic - free insurance and Corp discount.

Out of all the dealers, Ford seems least interested to sell their fiesta model. Maybe, they have given up.
OT:ecosport was confirmed for launch in March with power shift. B-)
Old 10th November 2012, 18:23   #2736
BHPian

Please follow the link below for a gist of the offers from various manufacturers for this festive season. (ACI)

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/322...ts-galore.aspx
Old 10th November 2012, 18:28   #2737
BHPian

Pratham Motors, Bangalore is charging 6500Rs logistic & handling charges for an automatic a-star. What exactly is this charge for. Additionally they are charging 2568Rs for basic accessories and 500Rs for registration and 337 Rs for Autocard. Is this standard practice or am I taken for a ride ?
Old 10th November 2012, 19:30   #2738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanjohn View Post
Pratham Motors, Bangalore is charging 6500Rs logistic & handling charges for an automatic a-star. What exactly is this charge for. Additionally they are charging 2568Rs for basic accessories and 500Rs for registration and 337 Rs for Autocard. Is this standard practice or am I taken for a ride ?
Handling charge is a complete fraud.

Did you ask them to install basic accessories ?

Auto card - Rs 337 is OK, what is the additional Rs 500 for ?
Old 10th November 2012, 19:53   #2739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Handling charge is a complete fraud.

Did you ask them to install basic accessories ?

Auto card - Rs 337 is OK, what is the additional Rs 500 for ?
No, I didn't but I am assuming they are charging this for Mat, Mud Guard etc. It says registration charge, no idea what exactly it is. I have already made the payment, looks like I am robbed by the smart sales team of pratham motors.
Old 10th November 2012, 21:44   #2740
jpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Contact VW directly and make a complaint if the dealer doesn't budge!!Also post a query on the fb wall!!
I tried a different technique and it seemed to have worked. Booked a comfortline initially then waited for him to bait me with offers to upgrade to the HL.

So as a 'special case' (), the SA spoke to dealership's MD and gave me the full 41k insurance off plus offered me an additional 8K corp discount, which he initially refused; bringing the OTR down to 11.12L.

Now have changed my booking to HL.

Last edited by jpm : 10th November 2012 at 21:46.
Old 10th November 2012, 21:48   #2741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
I tried a different technique and it seemed to have worked. Booked a comfortline initially then waited for him to bait me with offers to upgrade to the HL.

So as a 'special case' (), the SA spoke to dealership's MD and gave me the full 41k insurance off plus offered me an additional 8K corp discount, which he initially refused; bringing the OTR down to 11.12L.

That's a brilliant deal.Now I'm assuming its the refreshed Highline??
Old 10th November 2012, 22:03   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Since its a petrol car, bargain as if your life depended on it. Also there shouldnt be another line item for 500 rs if they are already claiming 6500 k for logistics and handling (how much 'handling' do they really need to do if they also have to charge additionally for registration)

Maruti dealers however have a cartel of sorts and expect to face resistance in your bargaining efforts. All the best!
Old 10th November 2012, 23:09   #2743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm

Now that's a car, rather a trim level, worth buying!
Old 11th November 2012, 09:23   #2744
BHPian

Quote:
There can be many connotations to justify this charge by the dealers but one that was told to me by the SA was that this amount was recovered to transfer cars between stock yards in different cities. E.g. if you need a specific colour and model that is not available in Pune but available in Aurangabad with same dealer then he will use this handling charge to drive the car down (with Odo disconnected ) from Aurangabad to Pune.
Old 11th November 2012, 21:31   #2745
BHPian

For some reason mentioned below, none of the dealers are pushing the sale hard in bangalore.
1) over booked and busy.
2)not really interested in selling D segment.
3)i don't 'look' geniune enough with shorts. (hey, I wanna buy one)
4) too many customers Window shopping.

Visited Ford, hyundai, skoda, Chevy and VW.. None were more welcoming than usual.

Very negligent or no discounts at all.. When a customer is walking in to plonk 20 lakhs, and better experience is expected.

Bangalore market seems to have hit the saturation.

Mt earlier post details the deal, but dealer experiences from all the above seems a lot to expect.

Most Viewed